Apple wants your money to help Huricane Harvey survivors

AlTech

seriously you guys, this discussion still going?

Can someone please tell me how is this more different than McDonald donation box you since on their counters? and If it's not different why isn't it an issue to anyone? Why isn't there a thread about MCDonald building houses being just a sad PR move that feeds off of the unfortunate ones?

635754004670594455-whowea1.jpg

you guys at this point are just making a storm bigger than Harvey inside of a coffee cup

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

24 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Can someone please tell me how is this more different than McDonald donation box you since on their counters? and If it's not different why isn't it an issue to anyone? Why isn't there a thread about MCDonald building houses being just a sad PR move that feeds off of the unfortunate ones?

you guys at this point are just making a storm bigger than Harvey inside of a coffee cup

The difference is that Apple is literally pure evil whereas McDonalds is just a big smile. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

13 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

The difference is that Apple is literally pure evil whereas McDonalds is just a big smile. 

Evil? You've seen nothing yet!

59a9413ad341b_Capture_2017-09-01-13-09-40.thumb.png.19b26e630b9aa3206fd05ab0d8f330db.png

Literally monster! And if you go there they even let you chose witch Foundation to donate too :vomitfeel:

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

16 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

It's simple:

Many people are so wrapped up in fanboy/fangirl fervour that they must see Apple as the enemy, and that means finding excuses to attack it.  Somehow, Apple is evil because it... made it easy for people to donate to a good cause?  Apple doesn't usually advertise its own donations, so we don't know if it's backing this up with its own funds.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't haul Apple out on the carpet when it does do something bad, and it is valid to ask if Apple is donating anything of its own.  But pick your battles, folks!  And if you're going to criticize Apple for not donating enough when you don't use any of their products, then be sure to examine the companies you do use.

On 8/31/2017 at 8:54 AM, Notional said:

America is an odd place. They don't want to pay taxes to have a properly working public sector. Not enough for the disaster relief fund. Instead they want to base all help on personal donations, so they can virtue signal like hell. And then in the end, they don't really do that either, but want other continents to pay for them? 

It has nothing to do with "virtue signaling".  We don't like taxes because too often the money is mis-managed by goobermint.  They over spend and under deliver.  Quite frankly, I'd like to see the welfare state completely eradicated from the public sector and have it handled entirely by the private sector (churches and charities).

And if you believe people in the US aren't willing to give to help others, then you haven't been talking to the right people.  Personally, I'd love to help out (and probably will in a couple weeks), but I'm still recovering from a nearly $600 repair on my truck recently, so no funds to donate with.  Yet there are many more who can and are donating to help out, not to "virtue signal", but because it's needed.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:16 PM, Notional said:
  • Taxes by definition is moral bankruptcy? If that is the case then you essentially advocate for anarchy. That is absolutely insane.
  • The national guard is no longer part of the state? What? Nor the Coast guard? All the big private enterprises are funded and somewhat driven by state agencies, like FEMA.
  • So for a state to protect, help and save its OWN population from natural disasters is now considered "YOUR specific agenda"? Wtf are you on about. You went way into the deep end.

Yes taxes by definition are morally bankrupt, if you want citations I can provide them. I AM an Anarchist. Philosophically, akin to Tolkien. Depending on how you come down that path, Bastiat, Mises, Rothbard, Hoppe, etc. I believe in self ownership and the foundational principles of property rights and the non-aggression principle.

You apparently missed what I was saying. Those groups doing the actual work are doing so with men and material that could have been mobilized and equipped without a state. In point of fact there was more than one occasion where national guard troops had to be rescued from the water by rednecks with souped up pickups. So the material they had at their disposal was often sub-par and the items more effective are effectively regulated out of the hands of civilian ownership.

You are conflating two different things. Philosophically, advocating your opinion(agenda) being enforced by the state is an explicit call for aggression on peaceful people to enact, fund, and support said opinion. A state isn't necessary to protect, help, or save people in a national disaster. There were many times more private citizens doing that work than government officials in Texas.

As much as I am not a fan of some of Apple's business practices, I will definitely say that I trust JJ Watt or Apple to distribute funds more responsibly than I do the American Red Cross.

I don't like donating via a middle man. It just seems way to sketchy as you can only hope the money is actually going to towards the cause they claim its for. Whether or not Apple secretly takes a little cut or 100% of it, we'll never know. 

On a side note, any sort of Red Cross charity is shady as funds never really go towards what they claim. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I am very happy apple and other are doing this I live in texas and my house was damaged in the storm. I have no running water and my job is down cause of flood waters. its hard to find gas food and water right now. the pictures are just the first day of storm it rained for 5 days 35 inches of rain

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

2 hours ago, DDC449 said:

I am very happy apple and other are doing this I live in texas and my house was damaged in the storm. I have no running water and my job is down cause of flood waters. its hard to find gas food and water right now. the pictures are just the first day of storm it rained for 5 days 35 inches of rain

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

35 inches? That's bigger than my monitor! :o

No food, water, and job, but at least you still have internet. :D:P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I had to evacuate my flooded home was in Dallas as of writing this post.

I can't believe this thread is still going.  If you don't like the way apple is doing stuff then don't buy apple,  same with google, dell, mc.donalds, MS, and so on.  IF you don't like the way the government manages the country then run for government and change it or at the very least help to promote an alternative rep for your area.  Actually do something, it's better than sitting on a forum trying to convince others you are right and they are wrong.

EDIT: although I should add, if you are going to promote someone for government you had better make sure you have a decent rational behind your arguments and made in a respectful manor or you will end up losing them as many votes as you hope to get.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 9/3/2017 at 3:45 PM, DDC449 said:

All i can do from the otherside of the world is to wish you luck. I hope all these donations from the people and private companies finally end up helping you in some way or another personally.