Apple wants your money to help Huricane Harvey survivors

AlTech

Still amazes me to see the same Apple haters shit on the company when they're trying to do something good. Who hurt you?

2 minutes ago, TroubleKlef said:

Who hurt you?

img_20.jpg

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, TroubleKlef said:

Still amazes me to see the same Apple haters shit on the company when they're trying to do something good. Who hurt you?

You expect people around here to act like they have a fucking ounce of logic in their brains when it comes to Apple? Of course they're acting like jackasses. Not like the mods around here give a shit if people post news in a slanted manner solely to drive a negative reaction from people.

And for people bitching about Apple not doing charity stuff read this: https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202084918-Apple-Support-for-Charity

Since 2011 they have matched charity donations from their employees dollar-for-dollars up to $10,000 per employee per year. During 2011 they matched $1.3 MILLION in donations.

As of 2014, Apple's (Product)RED program has donated over $70 MILLION dollars to AIDS and HIV research and prevention. I'd imagine that number is over $100 million by now.

This is far from the first time that they have set up easy ways for people to donate to help when disasters hit, they have been doing it for the past seven years.

For Hurricane Sandy Apple donated $2.5 million to the Red Cross.

In 2013 they donated $8 million to help victims of the Chinese earthquake.

For world AIDS day in 2015 Apple donated a million dollars to RED, on top of their usual donations from (Product)RED devices.

So, what was all that people were saying about Apple not giving to chairty?

2 hours ago, Derangel said:

So, what was all that people were saying about Apple not giving to chairty?

They aren't giving enough 9_9 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

8 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Wait-What-Meme-11.jpg

Sorry , edit error,  there was a wall of text beyond that i typed in , cleared & condensed it down to this didn't notice the typo.

Details separate people.

9 hours ago, TroubleKlef said:

Welcome to the world of fanboyism, where people who don't like Apple shit on them when Google does the same thing only worse.

Like data collection, or donations, or a lot of things.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

5 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Sorry , edit error,  there was a wall of text beyond that i typed in , cleared & condensed it down to this didn't notice the typo.

Oh, I figured that was the case, it was just such a funny error that I couldn't resist pointing it out.

On 28/08/2017 at 7:07 AM, suicidalfranco said:

imagine the tone of the article if i was MS 9_9

Fun fact, Microsoft already donated $100,000 as a recovery grant, and that's above and beyond any donations they arrange.

In fact, Google, Amazon, and some grocery chain are all matching donations (up to various figures, $500,000, $1m, etc)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Not understanding the hate on this one and I'm a die hard Android user. Would be nice however if Apple were matching every donation. Come to think of it Google should do the same in times like this. It provides a quick way for people who wouldn't otherwise donate to give.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

2 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Not understanding the hate on this one and I'm a die hard Android user. Would be nice however if Apple were matching every donation. Come to think of it Google should do the same in times like this. It provides a quick way for people who wouldn't otherwise donate to give.

Google was matching donations (they matched $1million, and ended that 'promotion' -- or whatever you want to call it). But they're still allowing people to donate through them: https://www.google.org/harvey-relief/)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

I'm sure Apple will donate money separately. On top of that, with their already existing employee charity matching program any employee that donates to a charity that goes to help the flood victims will have their donation matched dollar-for-dollar by Apple.

On 8/28/2017 at 2:49 PM, Sauron said:

Why don't they donate part of their ludicrous profit margins instead if they really care and are not just in it for the sake of marketing?

On 8/28/2017 at 2:52 PM, AluminiumTech said:

That's one reason why i see this more as PR and Publicity rather than actually trying to genuinely help people.

On 8/28/2017 at 3:15 PM, Bouzoo said:

But one question, did Apple donate anything? We're talking about a company that could donate billions amd not even feel it. And they are promoting donations.

On 8/28/2017 at 3:19 PM, Trik'Stari said:

Obligatory: "We already pay taxes that provide government services to help these people" etc.

Just sayin.... Although they do avoid taxes like fucking crazy.

On 8/28/2017 at 4:31 PM, Notional said:

Fuck you Apple. How about you quadruple EVERY single dollar donated.

On 8/28/2017 at 6:54 PM, NumLock21 said:

Apple can donate by giving out of their own pocket, instead of asking for donations, just to make them look generous.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:42 PM, Misanthrope said:

As I said if Apple really wanted to help they wouldn't pass down the relief effort to their customers: they've made billions upon billions over the years why can't they donate out of their own fucking profits? Why do they have to encourage people that are far less richer than they are to help while they take the credit of being humanitarian?

On 8/28/2017 at 8:54 PM, NLD1st said:

Unless they start to donate 10 cents for every 1$ donated via them they should not do this imo

On 8/28/2017 at 8:57 PM, NLD1st said:

I see the 10 cents as a minimum but they should double every $

On 8/28/2017 at 9:17 PM, AshleyAshes said:

Uhh... Most corporate donation drives run a scheme of matching every dollar up to X ammount. 

On 8/30/2017 at 8:59 PM, dalekphalm said:

Fun fact, Microsoft already donated $100,000 as a recovery grant, and that's above and beyond any donations they arrange.

In fact, Google, Amazon, and some grocery chain are all matching donations (up to various figures, $500,000, $1m, etc)

On 8/31/2017 at 9:35 AM, Derangel said:

I'm sure Apple will donate money separately. On top of that, with their already existing employee charity matching program any employee that donates to a charity that goes to help the flood victims will have their donation matched dollar-for-dollar by Apple.

That's the end with all the quotes, took me a while

Oh, all the haters going on about how Apple isn't donating anything. Guess what, you're wrong. They collected 1 million from their iTunes donation channel and Apple is pitching in an extra 2 million dollars.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/08/30/tim-cook-harvey-email/

As Harvey was making landfall, we put in motion critical donation programs. Apple is making it easy for customers to donate directly to the American Red Cross through the App Store, iTunes and apple.com, and we’re matching employee donations two-for-one.

Thanks to your generosity and that of our users, Apple has helped raise more than $1 million in just the past few days. That’s in addition to the $2 million Apple pledged to the Red Cross over the weekend.

@Misanthrope you mention how Apple is taking money from the less fortunate. Guess what, Apple isn't a holding a knife on their neck to donate money, rather it's move to raise awareness and donate money if they want to and as a result an extra one million dollars is going towards the unfortunate

@AluminiumTechYou mention how you would also call other companies (like your beloved MS) for donating money as pure PR move. MS did donate a measly 100,000 dollars and didn't see any article of the forum for the same. Hmm guess it's just slid over your head and your blood only boils when you here the word Apple doing something good

@LAwLz just pointing out the blind irrational hatred of Apple in this forums, even though they did something genuinely good. It's disgusting

@ Moderators, are you going to force the OP to update his article. I would actually be surprised if you did.

1 hour ago, RedRound2 said:

Oh, all the haters going on about how Apple isn't donating anything. Guess what, you're wrong. They collected 1 million from their iTunes donation channel and Apple is pitching in an extra 2 million dollars.

No hate here, just a rational question. And that's what I wanted to hear. I won't bitch how they haven't donated more, at least they are helping in some way. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 8/28/2017 at 9:02 PM, djdwosk97 said:

Yes, Apple is worth about $300 billion (in assets) and makes like $40 billion/year (I think?). Meanwhile Hurricane Harvey is estimated to cost up to $20 billion in damages. 

HOWEVER, it is NOT Apple's responsibility to fund the relief efforts. If they want to, then that's great; if they choose not to, then that's also fine. Regardless of their decision, making it more convenient for the general population to donate is not a bad thing. 

It is estimated all form 75 to 170 billion. Even heard the numbers on news in my country. 

On 8/28/2017 at 9:47 PM, RedRound2 said:

Really, in what way? Apple accepting charities through App Store? Great, let me get an iPhone.

Let's not lie, it will end as a PR move, Apple gets the positive PR on helping the victims among other things, and the victims do get donations. It's a win-win, and I 110% agree with Lawlz here. Stunt move or not, it will look like that, and I can bet Apple is thinking about that, perhaps not in first or second plan, but somewhere down the road and I don't see a problem with that as long as they actually make a difference. I don't mind if every single company made this. With so many tech people around they should (and mostly are, see quote below) be doing it. 

Also let's be objective here, this is more of a PR stunt.

Now, everybody is pitching in, and I do not see a problem with that (also @Misanthrope, look at bolded text, I'm pretty sure it Applies to Apple as well)

SAN FRANCISCO — Tech companies are tapping their deep pockets to raise money to help victims of Hurricane Harvey.

Google staff donated $250,000 to the American Red Cross, which the company matched dollar for dollar, and Google also made a corporate contribution of $250,000. On Tuesday, it launched an additional $1 million matching campaign to gather donations from staff and Google users for Red Cross efforts in Texas and other affected areas.

Apple donated $2 million to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. The company has also pledged to match employee donations two to one.

In addition, Apple is making it easy for users to donate to the Red Cross via its iTunes page, which now features buttons for donating between $5 and $200. The money is transferred directly to the American Red Cross from iTunes, so those donating won't get a tax writeoff. But they also won't have to do anything more than click a button on a site they probably visit frequently.

Amazon, and its newest acquisition Whole Foods Markets, will be matching donations made in stores or on its website for up to $1 million. 

The Amazon wish list from the Red Cross gives a sense of the immediate needs of those in flood-ravaged areas: phone chargers and children's bedding.

Facebook has announced it will match every dollar raised on its site, up to $1 million, for the Center for Disaster Philanthropy’s Hurricane Harvey Recovery Fund.

AT&T has pledged $350,000 to help communities impacted by Hurricane Harvey. The AT&T Foundation will also match employee donations up to $100,000. In addition, customers can text ‘HARVEY’ to 90999 to donate $10 to the American Red Cross.

Microsoft made an initial donation of $100,000 to the Red Cross, with the company and its employees pledging to do more. 

For people complaining that Apple should donate more, why not say that for other companies? Last I checked Alphabet and MS should be worth a penny or two. 

MS is also giving more, not mentioned above. 

Now to stop complaining, everyone is pitching in, be it promotion, direct donations, matching donations, employees, matching employees donations, giving tech, services and whatnot. I know this forum has it's own Apple hate train, but they are not better or worse than any other giant out there. Can't we all appreciate they are at least trying to make a difference, be it in the slightest. 

And people seem to forget all of them are businesses first, not charities, no matter how big. 

And I would like to ask in the time people were complaining here, how many of you have donated money? Seriously, how many?

Disclaimer: I don't like/prefer a single tech company. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

@Misanthrope you mention how Apple is taking money from the less fortunate. Guess what, Apple isn't a holding a knife on their neck to donate money, rather it's move to raise awareness and donate money if they want to and as a result an extra one million dollars is going towards the unfortunate

@AluminiumTechYou mention how you would also call other companies (like your beloved MS) for donating money as pure PR move. MS did donate a measly 100,000 dollars and didn't see any article of the forum for the same. Hmm guess it's just slid over your head and your blood only boils when you here the word Apple doing something good

@LAwLz just pointing out the blind irrational hatred of Apple in this forums, even though they did something genuinely goof. It's disgusting

@ Moderators, are you going to force the OP to update his article. I would actually be surprised if you did.

There are people who will ignore the facts to shit on anything they personally disagree with.  Who knows what the driving condition is.  The same 4-5 people shit on MS every chance they get, the same 4-5 people shit on google/apple every chance they get, so on and so forth.  it's not going to change.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

After reading all of the additional facts that have come out. I'm happy that almost all of the big tech companies are doing something to help. Let's be clear...they DON'T HAVE TO. But they have.

The main people who are supposed to provide assistance and clean up in events like Harvey are the government. Charities and companies donating money, time and in this case technology to assist are just helpful add-ons.

For those who think that because Apple is a multi billion dollar company that they should pony up billions are in the world of make believe. Harvey is estimated to cost $20b to put right? Apple make $40b a year...so they can pay right? Well what happens when another hurricane hits in 3 months? Is it up to Apple again? Are companies now going to fund all disaster relief?

In my humble opinion, we should quietly acknowledge these companies philanthropic efforts. No parades and ass kissing, just a "huh...that's good of them" and go on with your day. But in the same vein, no hate towards them for "they should be doing more!!!". If the people in Houston want to throw them a party in a month and celebrate "Insert tech company name here, Day" then that's up to them.

Being annoyed that a company provides an easy access point for you to give to charity and them matching donations whilst providing the additional support that they can because of their own expertise...is just plain childish. Unfortunately, I suspect the people hurt by this are not the same people who have had their houses destroyed, but instead sit in the relative comfort of their home in a non-hurricane affected area bitching about "ThEY nEEd To dO MorE!!!".

/End Two Cents.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

5 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

That's great. Just what I asked of them. But let's put those 2 million into context:

Revenue: 215.6 billion USD (2016)

Net income: 45.69 billion USD (2016)

2 million dollars is like couch pennies. Or more specific 0.00438% of their net income for last year. Try and see how much that is of your annual net income (after taxes). A couple of dollars you say? How generous.

This is just blatant marketing, nothing else.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

6 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

So... why don't you post your own news article or kindly ask for an update instead of flaming us for information we did not have at the time? I have to say, it seems to me the only crusader around here is you, flipping out and spouting insults whenever anyone is critical of apple in any way. Even if they're wrong, there are more respectful ways of letting then know.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

For those who think that because Apple is a multi billion dollar company that they should pony up billions are in the world of make believe. Harvey is estimated to cost $20b to put right? Apple make $40b a year...so they can pay right? Well what happens when another hurricane hits in 3 months? Is it up to Apple again? Are companies now going to fund all disaster relief?

As @Bouzoo has pointed out, the estimates have been raised to $100-$190 billion. The $20 billion estimate came from the 2-3 days ago. 

1 hour ago, Notional said:

Of course it's marketing. For-profit companies aren't charities. There will always be natural disasters and man-made catastrophes that come in with massive amounts in damages that for-profit companies shouldn't be expected to be pay for. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Sauron said:

So... why don't you post your own news article or kindly ask for an update instead of flaming us for information we did not have at the time? I have to say, it seems to me the only crusader around here is you, flipping out and spouting insults whenever anyone is critical of apple in any way. Even if they're wrong, there are more respectful ways of letting then know.

Really? Last time I did that the posts got merged. I know there isn't any point as moderators always turn a blind eye to I HATE APPLE train posts.

Yeah, it's my nature to correct people, especially the ones spreading misinformation. I didn't insult anyone personally rather just called out on their ill-thoughtout posts which to anyone and everyone looks like a pure fanboy statements

Since I tagged alot of people, I got a lot of responses acknowledging the fact that Apple did contribute alot. Yet here you are changing the topic of discussion and talking about me. 

I like Apple for the things they have done, for how they have multiple times propelled the industry forward, etc but the blind hate towards Apple is something I just don't understand. I would have been called a MS lover or android lover or samsung lover if they were the ones getting blind hatred. But no, it's always Apple even if they do something objectively good

1 hour ago, Notional said:

That's great. Just what I asked of them. But let's put those 2 million into context:

Revenue: 215.6 billion USD (2016)

Net income: 45.69 billion USD (2016)

2 million dollars is like couch pennies. Or more specific 0.00438% of their net income for last year. Try and see how much that is of your annual net income (after taxes). A couple of dollars you say? How generous.

Here's a great response to your question. And also do you think Apple is the nly company that should donate a 100 million or a billion dollars. What about google, microsoft, facebook, and all other huge tech companies. Heck even US should have been able to foot of the entire damage if you take straight out of their. Also, how much have you donated? I really doubt you did and even if you did it wouldn't be even 10% of your total income

After reading all of the additional facts that have come out. I'm happy that almost all of the big tech companies are doing something to help. Let's be clear...they DON'T HAVE TO. But they have.

The main people who are supposed to provide assistance and clean up in events like Harvey are the government. Charities and companies donating money, time and in this case technology to assist are just helpful add-ons.

In my humble opinion, we should quietly acknowledge these companies philanthropic efforts. No parades and ass kissing, just a "huh...that's good of them" and go on with your day. But in the same vein, no hate towards them for "they should be doing more!!!". If the people in Houston want to throw them a party in a month and celebrate "Insert tech company name here, Day" then that's up to them.

Being annoyed that a company provides an easy access point for you to give to charity and them matching donations whilst providing the additional support that they can because of their own expertise...is just plain childish. Unfortunately, I suspect the people hurt by this are not the same people who have had their houses destroyed, but instead sit in the relative comfort of their home in a non-hurricane affected area bitching about "ThEY nEEd To dO MorE!!!".

/End Two Cents.

1 minute ago, RedRound2 said:

Here's a great response to your question. And also do you think Apple is the nly company that should donate a 100 million or a billion dollars. What about google, microsoft, facebook, and all other huge tech companies. Heck even US should have been able to foot of the entire damage if you take straight out of their. Also, how much have you donated? I really doubt you did and even if you did it wouldn't be even 10% of your total income

1. No, all huge companies should donate to get that state back on their feet.
  2. You are saying the US doesn't help? I don't think so, but of course, there should be catastrophe funds within the US. I do believe they have such a thing.
  3. I'm not American. Why would I donate to that? If I had to donate to every disaster around the world, I would have no money left for myself.
  4. Where did the 10% of income come from? Apple is donating 0.00438 of their income. It's 4/1000 of 1 percent ffs.

But you're missing the point completely. Apple is just using this as a marketing scheme to give itself consumer goodwill. It's costing them next to nothing. Like I said, couch pennies.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Really? Last time I did that the posts got merged. I know there isn't any point as moderators always turn a blind eye to I HATE APPLE train posts.

Yeah, it's my nature to correct people, especially the ones spreading misinformation. I didn't insult anyone personally rather just called out on their ill-thoughtout posts which to anyone and everyone looks like a pure fanboy statements

your words:

this is a stupid fanboy shit article 

the cancerous fanboy driven original post

the useless moderators

all the haters

It's disgusting

Maybe your standards of what qualifies as an insult are different from mine, but I think we can all agree this wasn't necessary and is deliberately provocatory.

12 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Since I tagged alot of people, I got a lot of responses acknowledging the fact that Apple did contribute alot. Yet here you are changing the topic of discussion and talking about me. 

You're the one who went and quoted me specifically to taunt me on how I left out some information I couldn't have at the time. I would also argue that, given all the "hater" related quotes from you, you're the one who started talking about people rather than the news piece. Or is that only valid when you do it to others?

21 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

I like Apple for the things they have done, for how they have multiple times propelled the industry forward, etc but the blind hate towards Apple is something I just don't understand. I would have been called a MS lover or android lover or samsung lover if they were the ones getting blind hatred. But no, it's always Apple even if they do something objectively good

I haven't seen you be this adamant on the many threads where MS or Google have been hammered by negativity. Or is the "hate" towards them always deserved while Apple can do no wrong? Not that any of this matters in the current context - calling out people the way you've been doing is just rude regardless of the topic at hand.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Notional said:
  1. No, all huge companies should donate to get that state back on their feet.

Ok, so who is donating more than Apple here. I know Alphabet, facebook and microsoft are quite rich too

1. You are saying the US doesn't help? I don't think so, but of course, there should be catastrophe funds within the US. I do believe they have such a thing.

I said they have enough funds in total to foot off the cost. So does Apple, so does most major companies. But those extra costs aren't meant for natural disasters that happens everywhere around the world and Apple is not a non-profit company

1. I'm not American. Why would I donate to that? If I had to donate to every disaster around the world, I would have no money left for myself.
  2. Where did the 10% of income come from? Apple is donating 0.00438 of their income. It's 4/1000 of 1 percent ffs.

Just because you are not american doesn't mean you shouldn't donate. That's frankly a quite absurd logic. I'm not saying you should donate your entire wealth but as you said you could donate 0.00438% of your income

1. But you're missing the point completely. Apple is just using this as a marketing scheme to give itself consumer goodwill. It's costing them next to nothing. Like I said, couch pennies.

Everyone is donating, so I don't think Apple has any goodwill advantage over the others. Also I couldn't give two shits if the phone I was going to buy is from a company that donated for a natural disaster a few years ago, nor does 99% of the people