Lian Li want yr feedback of a new prototype aluminium case - the PC-A51

snowComet

Lian Li introduced a new prototype aluminium case in their blog, the pc-a51, and they want yr feedback of the case.

The pc-a51, a decent from the pc-a05 series cases, has a andoized black and red exterior and interior, and it support front mounted psu, a 240/280mm radiator, and 30mm of space for cable management behind the motherboard tray. Last but not least, it featured a new hdd bay system that support both 3.5" or 2.5" hdd/ssd.

So what did u guys think of this case?

http://www.lian-li.com/lianliblog/prototype-give-us-your-feedback-pc-a51/

update:

Sorry for replying this old topic. Lian Li posted an update of this case a few days ago. They modified the case according to some of the suggestions. They have listed out the changes they have implemented.

1) Adding an all black window version, with the red and black window version being limited edition. (There will also be silver and black non-window versions)

2) A more user friendly and convenient top radiator mount with filter, that also sits flush on the top of the case.

3) Reinforced HDD bays

4) Bottom 120mm and 140mm fan mount for additional cooling options

5) Rear intake and bottom ventational filters added

6) Stealth bay added for the front 5.25″ bay

7) SSD mount behind the motherboard tray

8) Added versatile HDD mounting system

9) Front placed USB and HD audio connections for easy connectivity.

a51-000.jpg

a51-002-1.jpg

a51-052.jpg

a51-0471.jpg

a51-010.jpg

a51-0491.jpg

a51-056.jpg

a51-055.jpg

a51-046.jpg

a51-045.jpg

a51-054.jpg

a51-053.jpg

a51-005.jpg

a51-006.jpg

So what did u guys think of this update?

http://www.lian-li.com/lianliblog/pc-a51-updated/

post-32565-0-53380100-1385702645_thumb.j

post-32565-0-46589300-1385702663_thumb.j

post-32565-0-31597900-1385702679.png

one of there nicer looking cases.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

-10000 points for intel stock cooler and no ram

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

Looks nice but.

Dae stock cooler?!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Let's comment about the cooler when the post is about the case....

But yeh EChondo isn't wrong. Those hard drive cages look they can be individually removed. If they can't be removed at all, wouldn't touch it.

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 

Let's comment about the cooler when the post is about the case....

But yeh EChondo isn't wrong. Those hard drive cages look they can be individually removed. If they can't be removed at all, wouldn't touch it.

from this photo, it seems each drive bay is secured by two thumb screws at the back. So I think the drive bays are removable...

a51-019.jpg

are these going to be as good as the early Lian-Li cases? or more of the same junky stuff they been putting out as of late? 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

from this photo, it seems each drive bay is secured by two thumb screws at the back. So I think the drive bays are removable...

Thanks for the photo. Now if the color wasn't exactly red(or it comes in other colors?) then it could be a great little mATX case. Loving how much space is back there!

Ugh hopeless, typical Lian Li junk.

They finally paint the internals and they paint it with oil paint? That finish is just garish/ thick... But...  I really don't like outside-mounted windows either, and the metal around the 5.25" bay looks sloppily cut. Other than that it's just really boring.

Bonus point for mounting the PSU in the front, brings the score up to -1.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

What ancient GPU is that with a see through shroud?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Looks nice. I wonder how an ROG Hero and a 760 would look in it...

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I love it, the component layout with the PSU at the front and still having 7 expansion slots is exactly what I want, plus space for a 240mm rad   :D

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

is ... is that an ATI 4870 ?

wtf Lian Li .....

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Really like the HDD trays but that window needs to be put on the inside of the case!

Looks cheaply made for a Lian Li..the old Lian Li cube I have in the closet is nicer looking with a more fit finish. Come on, Lian Li. Your current styling was always classy, it's your shitty interior that needed working on. (And I don't even mean silver internals, I mean terrible internal layout that a cheap Cooler Master case does better at)

Ugh hopeless, typical Lian Li junk.

They finally paint the internals and they paint it with oil paint? That finish is just garish/ thick... But...  I really don't like outside-mounted windows either, and the metal around the 5.25" bay looks sloppily cut. Other than that it's just really boring.

If it is the same paint, they used in the ncase M1, then it is really nice.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I would love it if the window didn't look so ghetto and really? Red of all colours? 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

That 3.5 drive cover doesnt look like it fits in the case at all, i also do not like the design with red highlights, what is you are getting a nvidia gpu, it would just be wrong, it removes a part of the market so it would sell as well as it could be selling.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

:/ dont like it... too square :|

Character artist in the Games industry.

I think it looks good but not a fan of the drive bays.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog