der8auer RYZEN THREADRIPPER DELIDDING!!

4 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

surprise!!!

Now put it back together :P

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

This is odd, but this is the first AMD Ryzen Threadripper video on my video feed:

Der8auer had done that, and it is broken. And then this is were I have made this as a headline news right now..

UPDATE: It may be an engineering sample.

I edit after I post, so wait until I'm done editing if you're about to reply.

The Angry Computersmasher - were I probably rant about stuff that irks me.

So this confirms TR and eypc is soldered.

I am very surprised by the 4 dies, and why would they keep 2 not used dies on it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Interesting

That looks like an epyc die package though, it has 4 Zeppelin dies.

Now put that under a high powered microscope, and see if there any are hidden messages.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

dat german.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System聽specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe聽+ 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti -聽LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Well, it looks as if AMD is preparing for cpus with up to 32c/64t in that case. With Ryzen they basically have the same configs and are just selecting the best dies for the top tier models and reuse imperfect dies for the smaller models.

Use the quote聽function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

26 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Interesting

That looks like an epyc die package though, it has 4 Zeppelin dies.

Salvaged Epyc dies, that can also clock better than Epyc.

Glad they're well soldered as well. Not long until reviews now.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

30 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

I am very surprised by the 4 dies, and why would they keep 2 not used dies on it.

At a guess, it's because even with their yields they have plenty of completely dead dies and the EPYC IHS is designed to have 4 under it. So they either make fake ones out of plastic and hope that it doesn't deform during use or just toss the dead dies on there. Alternatively it may have something to do with Infinity Fabric routing needing a die there even if the die isn't used. They could have redesigned the IF pattern, but that may have required an entirely new socket rather than a minor revision to EPYC's.

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Reviews would be 10/08 right? Assuming NDA is until launch

Might be then yes. Unless they put reviews out earlier to help with the OEM sales, and pre-orders. Maybe NDA lists at Siggraph for details; and in stores 10th of August.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

3 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

At a guess, it's because even with their yields they have plenty of completely dead dies and the EPYC IHS is designed to have 4 under it. So they either make fake ones out of plastic and hope that it doesn't deform during use or just toss the dead dies on there. Alternatively it may have something to do with Infinity Fabric routing needing a die there even if the die isn't used. They could have redesigned the IF pattern, but that may have required an entirely new socket rather than a minor revision to EPYC's.

ya true.

I always felt AMD could of made a new socket for TR (2000-2700 pins) but due to time and money they didn't which hurts TR on socket size. I also would like to know if a Epyc CPU can fit in a x399 board or is it keyed differently.

1 hour ago, The Benjamins said:

I always felt AMD could of made a new socket for TR (2000-2700 pins) but due to time and money they didn't which hurts TR on socket size. I also would like to know if a Epyc CPU can fit in a x399 board or is it keyed differently.

from what i understand 2 socket epyc solutions cannot be used in single socket systems due to pci-e lanes logistics. so i personally wouldnt expect epyc to work on X399, even single socketed ones, though i may be totally wrong.

Sorry for bad Ingrish

Oho interesting. I mean it was odd to me a bit as far as socket size for X399 yet same like Epyc but half the cores of it. So I expected two Zeppelin dies but that goes back to my odd thing.聽

But cool, solder.聽

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink |聽Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |聽Seasonic Focus GX-850 |聽Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver) |聽Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen)聽| Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Wait, what? Why 4 dies instead of 2?

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

2 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

AMD promised to use only balanced CCX configurations, sometimes you get dead dies, so instead of wasting everything you just disable the other and you then have less package configurations to test

CPU: Intel i7聽5820K @ 4.20 GHz | Motherboard:聽MSI X99S SLI PLUS聽| RAM:聽Corsair聽LPX聽16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz聽| GPU:聽Sapphire聽R9 Fury聽(x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB聽//聽OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB聽| PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent聽|聽Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra聽// 8K聽// 16K

15 minutes ago, Agost said:

Wait, what? Why 4 dies instead of 2?

that was unexpected. I can't figure out why amd did that

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Either AMD went retard on using 4 die (why would you cut your revenue per wafer i half?), or for review purposes they sent out Epyc stuff rebadged as TR.

If they went 4+4+4+4 instead of 8+8+0+0 it's going to be full facepalm. 聽Yes please I'd like to have a 4S quad core system for my desktop.

Workstation:聽 14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB聽@ 5600聽|| Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox:聽9900nonK聽||聽Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W聽shunt聽|| Corsair SF600聽|| CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock聽|| ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W聽|| LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||聽 whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) +聽3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 minute ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Either AMD went retard on using 4 die (why would you cut your revenue per wafer i half?), or for review purposes they sent out Epyc stuff rebadged as TR.

If they went 4+4+4+4 instead of 8+8+0+0 it's going to be full facepalm. 聽Yes please I'd like to have a 4S quad core system for my desktop.

Watch the video. Only two dies are used.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90聽 聽 Score:聽2,503,680,659聽 聽聽Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM:聽32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest:聽EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA聽Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB,聽Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host:聽Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest:聽WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V聽+ 16GB聽Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU:聽EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB聽

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

20 minutes ago, DXMember said:

AMD promised to use only balanced CCX configurations, sometimes you get dead dies, so instead of wasting everything you just disable the other and you then have less package configurations to test

ya I know that but for the fact TR is 4 channel and has 64 PCIe it only uses 4 CCXs MC and PCIe (this one could be shared by 8)

so I figured it was a 2 die config. and he said in the video that 2 of the dies are not working on TR they are dead or off.

31 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

ya I know that but for the fact TR is 4 channel and has 64 PCIe it only uses 4 CCXs MC and PCIe (this one could be shared by 8)

so I figured it was a 2 die config. and he said in the video that 2 of the dies are not working on TR they are dead or off.

hope they are off

looking forward for 20 core 40 thread bios mod

CPU: Intel i7聽5820K @ 4.20 GHz | Motherboard:聽MSI X99S SLI PLUS聽| RAM:聽Corsair聽LPX聽16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz聽| GPU:聽Sapphire聽R9 Fury聽(x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB聽//聽OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB聽| PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent聽|聽Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra聽// 8K聽// 16K

1 hour ago, sazrocks said:

Watch the video. Only two dies are used.

Yes, but WHY?

Why didn't they just put 2?

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam