Apple hatred, Why is it, Honestly?

I think it's funny, someone asks that fateful question: why do people hate apple? And then when people answer and explain why they do, all the apple fan boys come out telling them why they're wrong and insinuate you are stupid if you have an negative opinion about said product. so far the insults have come mainly from the apple defenders.

Compared to the intel vs amd vs nvidia its been fairly pleasant.

I think it's funny, someone asks that fateful question: why do people hate apple?  And then when people answer and explain why they do, all the apple fan boys come out telling them why they're wrong and insinuate you are stupid if you have an negative opinion about said product.   so far the insults have come mainly from the apple defenders. 

So if people tell and show (self proclaimed) apple 'haters', that their arguments are wrong, they are automatically fanboys :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

@MrSuperb

2)No they don‘t

3)that is because somebody made it into a standard and not a feature.

4)there is

5)contact charging is also wireless

@rentaspoon

it is not eco friendly,nothing about costs

seems @ttam admited defeat...

Defeat? Nope. I went and crawled into bed with my girlfriend and let her defeat me.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Defeat? Nope. I went and crawled into bed with my girlfriend and let her defeat me.

Your defeat by your girlfriend is still a defeat,except this time i think i should heil your girlfriend for her heroic act that saved the earth from mass AIO destruction.

Wait what company are you in?Also you design cases?with your girlfriend?

Without the arguments i suddenly became very interested.

Heres my Poll from a few month back, second category answers your question.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

So if people tell and show (self proclaimed) apple 'haters', that their arguments are wrong, they are automatically fanboys :D

I really think that only a small portion of the discussion is either right or wrong, for the most part it is just personal opinion,  especially the debates about innovation.  So if someone try's to convince another person that their opinion/experience is wrong then yes. 

I am guilty of this too, we all are, that's what makes us human.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i dont like apple for the same reasons that i dont like Microsoft

but that has more with NSA and other Anti trust things

also their patent trolling annoy's the crap out off me

Patriot act aint helping either

i dont really care about the rest

MAC is expensive i wouldn't stop any one buying it but i wouldn't suggest it either.

Resource Hacker.

How about gorilla glass?Also most of your list are not innovations.

CUDA>openCL

Retina is just higher PPI,no big deal.

Magsafe is still worse than wireless.

Well yeah, higher PPI is great. My 13" MBP has a better screen than every other screen I look at. Also, Magsafe is great actually. Not sure why you would be against it.

After reading all of your replies in this thread, I officially love you. I am thankful for someone knowing what they are talking about.

My compooter: http://imgur.com/a/mDFsx?

Apple has seen great products. The iPod classic is still to me the best MP3 player on the market. The macbook air rivals other ultraportables on the market and surpasses most. The full sized ipad is still to be the best full sized tablet for content consumption. Apple creates great products that are expensive but are so because of the build quality.

what i dislike about apple products really is the closed os and how locked down it is, it just isn't nearly as flexible as other solutions, and this is a general theme with apple not just their computers, be it tablets iphones ipods whatever ...

i honestly strongly dislike apple products for the product itself, sure they are well done but that doesn't mean i like them, they might be the solution for some people, the people who simply want everything to just work out of the box so that they don't have to spend time on it or learn how it works, they are fine with settling for using it exactly the way apple says is the best as long as they don't have to fiddle with it.

if you buy an apple product you are buying yourself into the apple eco system and you're not getting away from it, apple's way of doing this isn't the solution for me but i still see why they are the solution for certain people.

NOW! for gods sake haven't we had enough of these threads already? theres already a bunch of them, and before you post it it should be pretty obvious that this is a redundant topic, oh why all the hate on x company, they only serve the purpose of creating flame wars.

POS Foxconn motherboards, no desktop parts = bad pricing (laptop parts for everything that isn't Mac Pro), purposely gimping things with proprietary firmware such as hard drives which otherwise would be standard equipment. They freaking glue wires together in the MBP and took steps backwards by soldering memory to the board..Apple is simply anti-consumer with a fancy shell.

That mumbo jumbo when Apple opens a new store...

The sheeple that line up during the night to be first...

That cult about Steve Jobs...

It's ridiculous.

Their philosophy, I don't want.

Well, I am not sure I want to go into this.

1. Locked down OS.

2. Hasn't "innovated" since the original iPhone.

3. Steals others ideas, markets as own.

4. Makes the biggest case for cutting down on child labor while still doing it themselves.

5. Overpriced.

6. Underpowered.

7. Proprietary.

8. Other pointless arguments.

I myself am a fan of Apple's computers. That's about it. Android as a mobile OS is far superior in my eyes, though I personally use an iPhone 5 (don't mind it, but it's not my cup of tea and I think I want a Galaxy Note 3) I hackintoshed as well (Welcome to the club :P) and I am loving it. I just need to get the USB Audio Card and I'm good. Also, maybe I can get the hard drive kit for my Mac Mini and it can be used then as an HTPC.

all of these and itunes.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

POS Foxconn motherboards, no desktop parts = bad pricing (laptop parts for everything that isn't Mac Pro), purposely gimping things with proprietary firmware such as hard drives which otherwise would be standard equipment. They freaking glue wires together in the MBP and took steps backwards by soldering memory to the board..Apple is simply anti-consumer with a fancy shell.

Foxconn is primarily a contract manufacturer. The motherboards are designed by Apple.

The iMac has mainly desktop parts (except the gpu in most recent years).

Notebooks (what a surprise) use notebook-parts.

I never encountered any special firmware on any apple hard drive I changed. (and it was at least 10)

That the memory is soldered to the motherboard is mainly due to size restrictions.

Wires glued together? why would you want to change wires in a notebook anyway?

what i dislike about apple products really is the closed os and how locked down it is, it just isn't nearly as flexible as other solutions, and this is a general theme with apple not just their computers, be it tablets iphones ipods whatever ...

...  they don't have to spend time on it or learn how it works, they are fine with settling for using it exactly the way apple says is the best as long as they don't have to fiddle with it.

Why do people still think that OS X is a OS for babies and stupid people? Why would you think, that OS X is closed? I'd say it is much more open than windows.

That mumbo jumbo when Apple opens a new store...

The sheeple that line up during the night to be first...

That cult about Steve Jobs...

It's ridiculous.

Their philosophy, I don't want.

You know, you can avoid all this quite easly

i would say that there products are more looks then performance.

I don't get it. They use pretty much the same components (CPU / GPU) as others.

pure price / performance-wise there are certainly better alternatives.

Why do people still think that OS X is a OS for babies and stupid people? Why would you think, that OS X is closed? I'd say it is much more open than windows.

no just no

OSX is closed down OS

i cant upgrade anything in the system unless Apple approved it unlike windows

your stuck with their proprietary software and hardware

Hackintoshes don't count as building your own computer I don't care what anybody says. You are still limited in what hardware you can buy, and any time Apple wanted they could release an update to make it not function.

Sup, Hackintoshing is becoming a lot more universal in terms of the hardware now, not AMD but in terms of Intel most motherboards work, and the only thing holding back motherboard choice is the onboard audio.

But personally I built my PC using the Z77X-UD5H because at the beginning of Z77 it was the highest end GIGABYTE board and then I found out afterwards it was easily hackintosh-able. 

It's barely a hackintosh anymore, Its more my gaming PC now + I use my Macbook Pro as a laptop, like you said because I can't build my own laptop. But Apple has shown some 'chilled out' attitude to piracy and hackintoshing, enabling a wider use of chipsets and giving pirated copies of the iWork suite a free upgrade to the retail copy.

Foxconn is primarily a contract manufacturer. The motherboards are designed by Apple.

The iMac has mainly desktop parts (except the gpu in most recent years).

Notebooks (what a surprise) use notebook-parts.

I never encountered any special firmware on any apple hard drive I changed. (and it was at least 10)

That the memory is soldered to the motherboard is mainly due to size restrictions.

Wires glued together? why would you want to change wires in a notebook anyway?

You know, you can avoid all this quite easly

So what if apple designs it?Foxconn is not gonna give better quality just because if that.

After reading all of your replies in this thread, I officially love you. I am thankful for someone knowing what they are talking about.

I like his logic but not his attitude.

I'm 17. I have an iMac at home. I've used it a lot. Never found it that enjoyable to use, or worth the price it was bought for. Spent less on building a much better PC, and am much more satisfied. The Apple Mac works, but what should it be used for with a sandy i3 and HD 6670 graphics?

Who is it targeted at? Uneducated buyers. It isn't powerful enough to do well in the tasks Macs are supposedly so good at, and cannot run all the programs that a normal family might want it to. An uneducated buyer, thinks it must be a great powerful computer with its sleek design and high price tag, when really, it isn't.

That to me, is Apple specifically targeting these people who are uneducated on tech specs and is a blatant money steal.

Im sorry but 'A Normal Family' can easily, EASILY run everything they will ever need to on a Sandy i3, and a HD 6670. 

The iMac is the Number 1 rated AIO in the US and is a brilliant machine, of course the 2010 model isn't going to scream performance, but a family who wants a clean setup will buy an iMac, be able to use iPhoto, iMovie, Safari without any cable setup and any troubleshooting.

And I don't know if you've been to the product store on the Apple website but the tech spec argument is near-invalid now, they update their machines yearly with the latest chipsets, and the cheapest iMac now comes with a Quad Core i5 at baseline which is more than powerful enough for any family, and if you need to do more on your system you're going to have to pay more.

Im sorry but 'A Normal Family' can easily, EASILY run everything they will ever need to on a Sandy i3, and a HD 6670. 

The iMac is the Number 1 rated AIO in the US and is a brilliant machine, of course the 2010 model isn't going to scream performance, but a family who wants a clean setup will buy an iMac, be able to use iPhoto, iMovie, Safari without any cable setup and any troubleshooting.

And I don't know if you've been to the product store on the Apple website but the tech spec argument is near-invalid now, they update their machines yearly with the latest chipsets, and the cheapest iMac now comes with a Quad Core i5 at baseline which is more than powerful enough for any family, and if you need to do more on your system you're going to have to pay more.

No, I don't need to pay more, because I can just buy a PC with a lot better performance....

But what I'm saying, is not that it is an incapable machine in it's own right, but that for what you are paying, you would expect a lot more. The cheapest model was a stretch for us, but we were advised it would be a great computer for everything at home, but it just isn't. I wish I'd had the knowledge to build a computer back then with the same cash.

Also, not sure what you mean by clean setup, but our old PC running XP was a lot easier to use. I do understand that OSX does take time to get used to when you don't grow up using it initially, I just have never found it intuitive.

I wasn't planning to post here anymore but oh well. In terms of the supposed perks of iPhoto, iMovie and Safari - iPhoto is useless and slow, iMovie doesn't matter to me (or my family), and Safari is bogged down and slow. All of this is just a matter of opinion, I'm just making the point here that it doesn't feel worth the money, and I'm saying this from my little bit of experience.

Saying that the specs are good enough, I know, for a home PC they are just fine, but you can get the same specs for half the price - but the home PC average buyer won't know this when the salesperson just wants to make a sale...

Anyway, aside from that, I still find the lack of games a huge downside for choosing an Apple computer. The simple fact is, many people play PC games, and when they buy an expensive Apple computer, I'm sure they feel it's deeply unsatisfying not being able to. This again, is just from the point of view of the non tech literate person.

The fact is, you are paying a huge premium for an Apple device, whatever it is, and for most people, it is mostly unjustified - because the problem is that even if the device isn't aimed at them, they won't know until they've wasted their money... Apple makes you think you want an Apple device, where in most cases, something else could suit you very well. Sure everyone does this, but Apple feel the most deceptive about it - but obviously it is successful.

I hate a lot of what Apple do, which has already been covered extensively, but their products are all fine at what they do.

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

This is typical of the users in this forum. Some are 16 and hate all corporations or, you are 40 and act like the former. Anyone who can build a company to the size of Apple would be proud as hell. All the darn users who hate Apple, stop living in your mom's basement and share some insightful feedback.

So what if apple designs it?Foxconn is not gonna give better quality just because if that.

Of course they do !? They don't decide which components to use, or how tu use them. They are a  contract manufacturer. If they don't manufacturer within the demanded requirements they simply don't get paid.

The fact is, you are paying a huge premium for an Apple device, whatever it is, and for most people, it is mostly unjustified - because the problem is that even if the device isn't aimed at them, they won't know until they've wasted their money... Apple makes you think you want an Apple device, where in most cases, something else could suit you very well. Sure everyone does this, but Apple feel the most deceptive about it - but obviously it is successful.

Is there really that much marketing and commercials for Apple products in the US?

You aren't really paying any premium if your comparisons aren't apples to oranges (e.g. an iMac vs. a self built desktop).

You might argue, that there is no 'real' desktop Mac from Apple available, which is absolutely true. And if you really only after high performance per price, and don't care about the OS or the built quality, and don't care about the time you need to select components and build your system (which definitely can be enjoyable to some people), then you probably better of by not buying any Mac.

iPhoto is useless and slow, iMovie doesn't matter to me (or my family), and Safari is bogged down and slow. 

Your opinion. I used iPhoto on a 2006 Macbook with a core duo with several thousands of photos, and it definitely wasn't slow, nor useless. And what is bogged down with Safari? (I don't like, I use Firefox and/or Chrome)