Considering RAM Upgrade from Kingston FURY Beast to Corsair Vengeance RGB: Is the Performance Boost (if any) worth the price?

Hello LTT Community,

I'm considering an upgrade in my memory configuration and could use some advice. Currently, I'm running Kingston FURY Beast 16GB (4x8GB) 5200MT/s DDR5 CL36 RGB, and I'm thinking about switching to Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 4x16GB 6000MHz. My primary goal is to enhance the performance of my system, particularly for gaming and productivity tasks.

Current Setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D 4.4 GHz 12-Core Processor
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB 32 GB (8x4) DDR5-5200
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVME SSD
GPU: NVIDIA 900-1G611-2500-000 Titan X (Pascal) 12 GB Video Card (x2)
Case: Antec C3 ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Monitors: HP E23 G4 23.0" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz Monitor (x6)

Workloads:

Primary: Gaming (GTA V, Spore Galactic Adventures, Rocket League, Elite: Dangerous, Fortnite, Portal 2, Light Bears)
Secondary: Frequent use of AutoCAD, FL Studio for music production, and general productivity tasks including web browsing and video streaming.

Considerations:

The potential upgrade to Corsair Vengeance RGB, which offers a higher frequency at 6000MHz, intrigues me due to its potential to improve system responsiveness and multitasking capabilities. Aesthetics also play a role, as the Corsair's RGB implementation would fit nicely with my current setup's theme and is compatible with MSI Mystic Sync.

Questions:

1) Will I see any noticeable performance difference in web browsing, gaming, and productivity tasks with the upgrade from 5200MT/s to 6000MHz RAM?
2) Considering the specifications of my current setup, is this upgrade cost-effective in terms of performance gains? 
3) Are there other memory kits I should consider that might provide a better balance between performance, aesthetics, and cost?

Your insights and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I aim to make the most informed decision possible. Thanks in advance for your help!

7 minutes ago, Sjokk said:

Hello LTT Community,

I'm considering an upgrade in my memory configuration and could use some advice. Currently, I'm running Kingston FURY Beast 16GB (4x8GB) 5200MT/s DDR5 CL36 RGB, and I'm thinking about switching to Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 4x16GB 6000MHz. My primary goal is to enhance the performance of my system, particularly for gaming and productivity tasks.

Current Setup:

Workloads:

Primary: Gaming (GTA V, Spore Galactic Adventures, Rocket League, Elite: Dangerous, Fortnite, Portal 2, Light Bears)
Secondary: Frequent use of AutoCAD, FL Studio for music production, and general productivity tasks including web browsing and video streaming.

Considerations:

The potential upgrade to Corsair Vengeance RGB, which offers a higher frequency at 6000MHz, intrigues me due to its potential to improve system responsiveness and multitasking capabilities. Aesthetics also play a role, as the Corsair's RGB implementation would fit nicely with my current setup's theme and is compatible with MSI Mystic Sync.

Questions:

1) Will I see any noticeable performance difference in web browsing, gaming, and productivity tasks with the upgrade from 5200MT/s to 6000MHz RAM?
2) Considering the specifications of my current setup, is this upgrade cost-effective in terms of performance gains? 
3) Are there other memory kits I should consider that might provide a better balance between performance, aesthetics, and cost?

Your insights and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I aim to make the most informed decision possible. Thanks in advance for your help!

Have a look through this video and see if upgrading from 5200mhz to 6000mhz is a jump you are willing to take 🙂

8 minutes ago, Sjokk said:

Hello LTT Community,

Current Setup:

Workloads:

Considerations:

Questions:

Nah, waste of money imo, 3D chips aren't much memory clock sensitive, you'll get sometimes maybe +5% perf max, some other 0

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

6 minutes ago, Sjokk said:

My primary goal is to enhance the performance of my system, particularly for gaming and productivity tasks.

if the performance increase were perfectly linear (which it isn't) then you would have only changed the speed of the ram by 13%.

and that would be just the speed at which the ram itself loaded the data , the machine wouldn't actually process any of the data faster nor would the ram actually be expected to run at 6000mhz as thats an oc speed

3 hours ago, Sjokk said:

Questions:

Web browsing: no, not unless you're multitasking to a degree that is munching all your RAM. E.g. loads of tabs and multitasking between gaming and productivity.

Gaming: no, though if you're playing those esports games at very low settings you may see some small improvements in overall FPS.

Productivity: not likely, as said above the X3Ds are not as sensitive to memory speed and I doubt you're being bottlenecked by your RAM.

3 hours ago, Sjokk said:

No. Not unless you have monitored your usage and found that your productivity stuff regularly nears/tries to exceed 32GB