Apple hatred, Why is it, Honestly?

Oh how do you pressing the power button without touching it?

Wait a minute,i know why.You cannot touch anything.VSauce answered this.

Wipe it away?Why have the hassle when the Prodigy does not need to be wiped every time?

Oh really you think my classmates are poor fellas.Half of them have Macbooks and iMacs.Most have iPhones.Everyone have an iPad.

Oh you never mention about the cable...so you admit it does get dirty and ugly.Good to know that,honest friend.

The power button is on the back. And no you really don't need it, because OS X is far superior in terms of sleeping modes.

I almost never turned my iMac ofm but rather only put it to sleep.

If you have to wipe your iMac, you probably also have to wipe your monitor (AND your prodigy)

I now have had Macbooks for 7 years, none of those cables looked dirty after years, and if they were I could just wipe the dirt of.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Windows is indeed much more moddable than OS X.

In what way is it more moddable? Because there are more custom installers to fuck around with windows?

O.K:

AC and 5Ghz wifi, 5g, motion sensing,  3d printing and 3d tv

just off the top of my head.

How is any of this an innovation?

How about the use of resistive touchscreesn in mobile devices, Magsafe, OpenCL, webkit, use of high resolutions (aka 'retina') screens in mobile devices.

The power button is on the back. And no you really don't need it, because OS X is far superior in terms of sleeping modes.

I almost never turned my iMac ofm but rather only put it to sleep.

If you have to wipe your iMac, you probably also have to wipe your monitor (AND your prodigy)

I now have had Macbooks for 7 years, none of those cables looked dirty after years, and if they were I could just wipe the dirt of.

Put it to sleep.That is not good for the environment.

I never wiped my anti glare screen before.Prodigy,of course there is a need to wipe it,but far less frequent than an iMac.

Can you explain why my iPad USB cable is grey,my classmates' power cords are grey(they are girls and they take TLC of their stuff.)They look like worn out erasers.What magic potion did you use,i am pretty sure everyone in my class will want that.

In what way is it more moddable? Because there are more custom installers to fuck around with windows?

How about the use of resistive touchscreesn in mobile devices, Magsafe, OpenCL, webkit, use of high resolutions (aka 'retina') screens in mobile devices.

Resource Hacker.

How about gorilla glass?Also most of your list are not innovations.

CUDA>openCL

Retina is just higher PPI,no big deal.

Magsafe is still worse than wireless.

michael-jackson-popcorn-o.gif

On topic: Personally, i hate Apple[Nothing to hide] and it's for two clear distinct reasons.

1) They act like they innovated the god of all things in the modern world, and are leaders in supreme quality and performance..... and they're not

2) Patent trolling - understandable patent infringements are completely fine with me, but when you're suing every house in the block for making phone with RECTANGULAR ROUNDED CORNERS, no, just get the fuck out of here Apple.

Nonetheless, you have to hand it to the Apple management for being incredibly smart individuals, they have a knack for taking past innovations and refining them well(They did not innovate anything, but we can't deny that Apple does a good job at copy/paste/edit/upgrade) and market it in such a way that convinces several million not-so-bright people into paying large premiums for virtually similar products in a different shell and that is one feat we can't ignore, nor reproduce.

Resource Hacker.

How about gorilla glass?Also most of your list are not innovations.

CUDA>openCL

Retina is just higher PPI,no big deal.

Magsafe is still worse than wireless.

1) again, why would you think that most of this isn't possible within OS X?

2) 'refined' glass!?

3) OH REALLY!? Have you followed the GPU section of this forum at all? Most people will tell you to get an AMD card, because OpenCL (an the perforamnce on AMD cards) is simply better

4) Well not entirely true. But anyway, who was using it in the mass market before Apple introduced propducts with high res screens and who did it afterwards?

5) You simply have no clue about physics I guess ;)

*But trying to patent the way you swipe your phone and patenting ideas? Yes they are patent trolls.

*I wasn't talking about the code.

*The original 2g phone when 3g was already out.

*My old iPod for one but there are some songs I want to buy and have to use iTunes

*Still the Mac master race is worse.

You need to chill mate no need for swearing, I've been using Macs since they came out (through school and work) I think I'm entitled to my opinion.

1) No, they aren't. Here a definition for you:

A patent troll, also called a patent assertion entity (PAE), is a person or company who enforces patent rights against accused infringers in an attempt to collect licensing fees, but does not manufacture products or supply services based upon the patents in question, thus engaging in economic rent-seeking.

2) There is no 'Mac master race'

Mate, If you can't see how AC wifi or 1Gb mobile data is innovative then we have nothing more to discuss,   the retina is refined (as the definition goes) rather than innovative, because it is not new just better.

Resistive touch screens were used in palm and HP ipaq's long before apple.

Really you are arguing a dead argument, the fact of the matter is apple has gone cold on innovation, with many people even arguing they never did (I personally wouldn't go that far) but certainly recently they have. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Sooooo many Apple hating idiots in this thread, it's amusing to read. None of you know a single thing to do with what you're talking about. Stay ignorant, stay foolish.

stay 12 years old

Not sure if you're serious or not.

Mate, If you can't see how AC wifi or 1Gb mobile data is innovative then we have nothing more to discuss,   the retina is refined (as the definition goes) rather than innovative, because it is not new just better.

Resistive touch screens were used in palm and HP ipaq's long before apple.

omfg ... of course I meant capacitive touchscreens ... I know that Palm and HP used resistive touchscreens, as I had a Palm Vx, an HPCompaq iPaq, an Palm Tungsten C and others

How is AC an innovation and not just a refined version of the IEEE820.11 standard

omfg ... of course I meant capacitive touchscreens ... I know that Palm and HP used resistive touchscreens, as I had a Palm Vx, an HPCompaq iPaq, an Palm Tungsten C and others

How is AC an innovation and not just a refined version of the IEEE820.11 standard

Different implementation, ac is not compatible with n or g, sharing a standard does not mean it is soley refined.   LG introduced the first capacitive touch screen mobile, not apple.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If the only thing a post does is insult a predefined group of people, then it is clearly a troll post.

If the only thing a post does is insult a predefined group of people, then it is clearly a troll post.

My troll detector is malfunctioning.

My troll detector is malfunctioning.

In threads like these it can get hard to tell who is being a troll and who honestly believes what they are saying.

So much petty hatred in this thread.

iMac CANNOT be compared to anything using an ITX case. iMacs have a screen built in and look, in my opinion, simply stunning. They're the B&O of computers. Look amazing, but do not perform the best. At the end of the day, it's what the use wants out of their computer. If you want something that takes up less space, complete warranty (whole machine) and just works out of the box (in general, I'm not talking about the few that dont) then you're going to want an iMac. If you want better value for money, more options on what to have, more performance and want upgradeability without replacement, then a custom built computer will suit you better, especially as it's now really simple and easy to get Mac onto a custom built computer, as long as you're using compatible parts. Apples and oranges people, you can't compare two different things in the same way.

1.2 Watts

1) again, why would you think that most of this isn't possible within OS X?

2) 'refined' glass!?

3) OH REALLY!? Have you followed the GPU section of this forum at all? Most people will tell you to get an AMD card, because OpenCL (an the perforamnce on AMD cards) is simply better

4) Well not entirely true. But anyway, who was using it in the mass market before Apple introduced propducts with high res screens and who did it afterwards?

5) You simply have no clue about physics I guess ;)

1.2Watts for a long time is a lot.If everyone is following you tons of megawatts are wasted.

1)Possible,but difficult and not as straightforward.

2)Apple is not using it.Therefore so much of their products have cracked screens.This is innovative because it reduces wastage and damage.

3)CUDA is more versatile,it does not matter if performance is better.AMD is simply using OpenCL to make a good graphics card for it.

4)well apple just name it retina and it becomes partiall revolutionary,that is just nonsense.

5)Magnet connector is not considered as advanced as Wifi.There are also products that charge by contact,which means no wires involved.

Different implementation, ac is not compatible with n or g, sharing a standard does not mean it is soley refined.   LG introduced the first capacitive touch screen mobile, not apple.

802.11 IS ABSOLUTELY backwards compatible, even more, than any of the previous 820.11 standards was.

It is built up on developments from former standards. It is refined.

1.2Watts for a long time is a lot.If everyone is following you tons of megawatts are wasted.

1)Possible,but difficult and not as straightforward.

2)Apple is not using it.Therefore so much of their products have cracked screens.This is innovative because it reduces wastage and damage.

3)CUDA is more versatile,it does not matter if performance is better.AMD is simply using OpenCL to make a good graphics card for it.

4)well apple just name it retina and it becomes partiall revolutionary,that is just nonsense.

5)Magnet connector is not considered as advanced as Wifi.There are also products that charge by contact,which means no wires involved.

1) I bet your TV is in standby mode and probably draws more power than this. Heck, even your PC when shut down draws more power than this.

2) Of course Apple is using it. Apple is probably even the major driver behind Corning/Gorilla glass!

3) Go learn what OpenCL is and who backs it now ;)

4) It isn't about the marketing term, but rather about the use of high re displays.

5) Waht does Magsafe have to do with WiFi?

I'm 100% serious. Some of the comments are just blatantly false.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

5) Waht does Magsafe have to do with WiFi?

I think he just misread your last post as the two were close together.

Even so the magnetic connector was not apples innovation, the Japanese have been using it on kettles and deep fryers since 2000.

802.11 IS ABSOLUTELY backwards compatible, even more, than any of the previous 820.11 standards was.

It is built up on developments from former standards. It is refined.

I'm not talking about the standard, I am talking about the implementation, but seeing as we will just end up splitting hairs I will concede it.

I think he just misread your last post as the two were close together.

Even so the magnetic connector was not apples innovation, the Japanese have been using it on kettles and deep fryers since 2000.

but noone used them in laptops.

innovation doesn't simply mean, that something hasn't been done before.

Innovation =/= Invention

but noone used them on laptops.

innovation doesn't simply mean, that something hasn't been done before.

Innovation =/= Invention

I never said it = invention, that was someone else, But I would hardly call using an existing type of connector an Innovation, It's not a new solution to a problem, they have just taken someone else solution and used it.