Apple hatred, Why is it, Honestly?

If only these companies would stop suing each other... They could come up with some really cool and actually innovative stuff if they put the tens of millions and millions of dollars somewhere productive.

Yes, instead they hold progress back.

hating the company or it's culture is understandable. This hate has been around since before all the lawsuits and patents, so i doubt that as the reason for all this.

what i dont get is the "anti-fanboy" stuff, hating them or their products because of the fanboys. Also i dont get why a person who buys one of their products is immediately labeled a fanboy, stupid, a sheep or uneducated.

i consider myself educated and i dont see myself as a fanboy (but i do own stock). I love my Macbook and iphone. I also have an ipad that i use sometimes and a PC that is still in progress.

I think people hate their products because it's human nature to take sides, and in order to reaffirm their own position or the belief in the superiority of their own products they need to hate anything else. (it's the same in politics)

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Well, I am not sure I want to go into this.

1. Locked down OS.

2. Hasn't "innovated" since the original iPhone.

3. Steals others ideas, markets as own.

4. Makes the biggest case for cutting down on child labor while still doing it themselves.

5. Overpriced.

6. Underpowered.

7. Proprietary.

8. Other pointless arguments.

I myself am a fan of Apple's computers. That's about it. Android as a mobile OS is far superior in my eyes, though I personally use an iPhone 5 (don't mind it, but it's not my cup of tea and I think I want a Galaxy Note 3) I hackintoshed as well (Welcome to the club :P) and I am loving it. I just need to get the USB Audio Card and I'm good. Also, maybe I can get the hard drive kit for my Mac Mini and it can be used then as an HTPC.

Have you tried using voodoo hda? Search for the installer online.

I think in some cases, and more so a few years ago, they were ridiculously overpriced - the same can be said about the current mac book pro. It's 1000 quid for a mechanical hdd and a 720p glossy screen. The macbook air and retina models are good value in my eyes as they offer more features at better prices.

In terms of mobile devices, they're lovely, but I just took an Ipad air back because it wasn't anywhere near as good as everyone said it was. Compared to my Xperia Z1 (something I'd naturally compare it to) it was slow, and apart from the screen, I didn't notice much of an improvement over the iPad 2 which I used to own. It wasn't worth the 479 that I paid for it any day of the week. It's just too expensive for something that feels outdated already and has a humongous markup. The new Nexus 10 excites me. Many people say they miss the apps - if I'm honest, I could get most of the apps, in fact I can't think of one I couldn't get, on Android that were available on iOS that I would use - and most of the free ones on Android are paid on iOS.

iOS 7, where to start. It's basically a skin over 6 with stupid unneeded transitions that take far too long and slow down the device. It feels old, and not premium like how safari was viewed, it's just plain slow and old. Android is quicker, and you can customise it to exactly how you want it. I didn't realise how good Android was until I started using iOS 7.

Internet and home based 'techies' aka people who basically just follow what others say are the ones who dislike Apple. These are also the people who stress the fact of how PC > Mac.

Apple products are great for what they are. They serve a purpose. They do that purpose well. 99% of these anti-apple people are not in the professional fields, in an area where it's useful or just plain never used the product. Sadly to say, the majority of the LTT forum goers are "uneducated" in the world of tech and don't understand the basic fundamentals of computers. They just follow what Linus or what the other forum people say. It's quite annoying to be honest. The other big point is these are freaking 15 year old kids who can't even afford to purchase the computer, have never used the product and yet still say they hate it. I freaking hate having a personal air plane that flies me wherever I want to go at any time... Oh wait.. I don't freaking have one so I wouldn't know!

I work for one of the largest PC companies in the United States and guess what I'm using right now, A MACBOOK PRO.

Stop being ignorant. Stop being dumb!

I have used a mac before,and i can say that is the most user hostile thing I ever used.

The fact that it's a low end mac and considered a home PC.. You basically just answered it right there. It's a glorified home PC. Nothing more.

1) You're buying it for the form of the pc. It's an all in one. This appeals to people.

2) IT SHOULD NOT EVEN BE IN THE SAME BRACKET AS A CUSTOM BUILT PC. Don't even compare the two. It's foolish.

3) I've got a iMac in my office. i7, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd, gtx 780m and I've played a few games on it that ran perfect with good fps.

4) And for your last one - I pay for these expensive rocks to decorate my yard, and they do nothing but look pretty. This point is moot.

Edit: These things are basically glorified laptops with a big screen and no built in keyboard. You don't go comparing a laptop to a desktop build in terms of gaming. Until they fit a full size video card in an iMac, then we can start talking about the comparisons.

Rebuttal:

It is not as if apple is the only one making AIOs.

This can be compared to a custom built PC definitely.I can build a AIO with a Gigabyte Thin Mini-ITX and an i7 processor for much less.

Of course you can,but what is the point when i can simply build a Bitfenix proidgy hackintosh for much less?if you really have no space at home,your top priority will be to get a bigger house than to get overpriced items to accommodate the smaller house.

You can definitely use a mac to decorate your yard.But for that purpose an Alienware is still better.

If only these companies would stop suing each other... They could come up with some really cool and actually innovative stuff if they put the tens of millions and millions of dollars somewhere productive.

Oh you really think they want to innovate for the consumers?Hell No!All they want is money!

If you say i did not own an apple product,you are wrong.I have an iPad and it sucks.First of all,iOS7.Look like some childish drawing.Not to say the transitions looks weird and of "poor quality".

Secondly,just a short time after the warranty is over,the power button broke.Literally.Snapped into 2 pieces.Need to hot glue the area because if it is disturbed the touchscreen will flex.

The fact that it's a low end mac and considered a home PC.. You basically just answered it right there. It's a glorified home PC. Nothing more.

1) You're buying it for the form of the pc. It's an all in one. This appeals to people.

2) IT SHOULD NOT EVEN BE IN THE SAME BRACKET AS A CUSTOM BUILT PC. Don't even compare the two. It's foolish.

3) I've got a iMac in my office. i7, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd, gtx 780m and I've played a few games on it that ran perfect with good fps.

4) And for your last one - I pay for these expensive rocks to decorate my yard, and they do nothing but look pretty. This point is moot.

Edit: These things are basically glorified laptops with a big screen and no built in keyboard. You don't go comparing a laptop to a desktop build in terms of gaming. Until they fit a full size video card in an iMac, then we can start talking about the comparisons. 

If it is just a glorified laptop, why should I pay so much and not feel ripped off? I'm pointing out where the displeasement comes from

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

I have used a mac before,and i can say that is the most user hostile thing I ever used.

Rebuttal:

It is not as if apple is the only one making AIOs.

This can be compared to a custom built PC definitely.I can build a AIO with a Gigabyte Thin Mini-ITX and an i7 processor for much less.

Of course you can,but what is the point when i can simply build a Bitfenix proidgy hackintosh for much less?if you really have no space at home,your top priority will be to get a bigger house than to get overpriced items to accommodate the smaller house.

You can definitely use a mac to decorate your yard.But for that purpose an Alienware is still better.

Oh you really think they want to innovate for the consumers?Hell No!All they want is money!

If you say i did not own an apple product,you are wrong.I have an iPad and it sucks.First of all,iOS7.Look like some childish drawing.Not to say the transitions looks weird and of "poor quality".

Secondly,just a short time after the warranty is over,the power button broke.Literally.Snapped into 2 pieces.Need to hot glue the area because if it is disturbed the touchscreen will flex.

Sorry but you could not build an all in one that would compare.

I work for a huge pc builder and I just stopped reading after that

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

This is because people generally walk into a store like Best Buy here in the states where majority of apple products are bought.

You are greeted by a non-educated (in tech sense) that just wants to sell you a product in their department so they look good.

They give you the general overview which is basically what's written on the info sheet in front of it.

Hype it up as they are told. Remember, this hype is going to the general population who hardly know how to turn the computer on.

These people know the name, know it's a top product and jump on the chance to own one.

And you know what. For the general user, these low end computers will serve them well.

On the other end. The higher end ones work and do exactly what a PC can do.. For the most part and within limitations.

You also use these higher end macs for the software. Some of this software is amazing for what it does. 

But so would a PC that is half the price or less. I'm again stating why there is hatred towards Apple, because of deceptive targeted sales.

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

Consumer fanboyism, ignorance, superiority complexes, and being insanely overpriced and infinitely less useful than anything from the Microsoft or Linux side of things.

That being said, I have an iPhone and an iPad.

But so would a PC that is half the price or less. I'm again stating why there is hatred towards Apple, because of deceptive targeted sales.

Why would you buy a Corsair 900D case instead of a Antec 900 (way cheaper) but does the same exact thing?

There is your answer.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

Welcome! I think people dislike Apple because you cant play around with settings and is not as open. I have listened to many rants on why apple sucks and at the end of the rants it comes back to that. I like apple stuff still.

That is just bullshit. OS X is much more open than Windows and others ever will be.

You can change (almost) everything within OS X.

They suck balls as a company. Calling things innovation, while they didn't invent anything (except the iPod, perhaps). Then suing everyone and their dog about anything and everything.

That they don't innovate is simply not true. I strongly dislike their (and also other major companies) approach to missuse the broken US patent system.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

That they don't innovate is simply not true

Not in the last decade.

They made a lot of innovations in their early days, but the company turned into a patent troll who patents everything that hasn't been nailed to the floor.

Why would you buy a Corsair 900D case instead of a Antec 900 (way cheaper) but does the same exact thing?

There is your answer.

Firstly, they don't do the same thing, pretty sure the 900D is a lot bigger and will house more hardware for more performance... or at least moar rads. A mac won't do more with the same specs.

But even with two comparable options where one is cheaper, I'd only buy the more expensive one if I physically got more for the money. Paying twice the price for the same hardware, even with what might be considered a nicer body or w/e is a horrible decision IMO.

Honestly?

*They Patent troll

*There OS is basicly Linux and you pay for it and its worse.

*They are overpriced and outdated products on release

*They force you to use iTunes

*The people that use them have a bigger ego than the PC master race.

*The design products with other companies and then sue them for using it as well.

*They are a company that would stab you in the back for profit

I could go on but yes when Steve Jobs died I didn't shed a tear with the world and yes I know I'm a bad person for saying it.

Oh really.

For example this chassis can kick the ass of the best imac out there.You can never slap 4 780Tis,4930K and things like that into the IMac.

Now go read what you claimed you did not read.

So what if you work for a huge pc builder?Other than trying to show off and prove superior than others,i see no other point of that statement.

Oh really.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/10544/chieftec_design_l_type_case_with_lcd_vesa_mount/index.html

For example this chassis can kick the ass of the best imac out there.You can never slap 4 780Tis,4930K and things like that into the IMac.

Now go read what you claimed you did not read.

So what if you work for a huge pc builder?Other than trying to show off and prove superior than others,i see no other point of that statement.

That is not a all in one.

Not in the last decade.

They made a lot of innovations in their early days, but the company turned into a patent troll who patents everything that hasn't been nailed to the floor.

If Apple hasn't innovated in the technology world, who has?

Honestly? *They Patent troll *There OS is basicly Linux and you pay for it and its worse. *They are overpriced and outdated products on release *They force you to use iTunes *The people that use them have a bigger ego than the PC master race. *The design products with other companies and then sue them for using it as well. *They are a company that would stab you in the back for profit I could go on but yes when Steve Jobs died I didn't shed a tear with the world and yes I know I'm a bad person for saying it.

Honestly!

- Using patents, doesnt't make them a patent troll

- LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE between Linux and UNIX, before you post shit

- How are they outdated? Name on new product, that was 'outdated'

- I have both an iPhone and iPad, I only used iTunes once or twice in the last two years to install a Beta version of iOS?!

- The people calling themselves 'PC master race' are pobably the biggest morons around right now.

There is your answer.

Sorry,I do not use a case for my build,so your argument that attempts to be applied to everyone is just downright invalid.

If Apple hasn't innovated in the technology world, who has?

I didn't say they never did. 

I said they didn't in the recent past.

Honestly, give or take a few years for 32bit operating systems to come around, we would be in the same position.

Firstly, they don't do the same thing, pretty sure the 900D is a lot bigger and will house more hardware for more performance... or at least moar rads. A mac won't do more with the same specs.

But even with two comparable options where one is cheaper, I'd only buy the more expensive one if I physically got more for the money. Paying twice the price for the same hardware, even with what might be considered a nicer body or w/e is a horrible decision IMO.

Exactly. It can hold more.

Now look at the damn size of the imac.

Does it look like a full blown desktop to you? No.

It can't hold the hardware.

Sorry,I do not use a case for my build,so your argument that attempts to be applied to everyone is just downright invalid.

And you miss the point so much.

That is not a all in one.

Expected statement when you cannot argue further.

AIO is supposed to save space,and the case i mentioned does exactly that.

This case is of the all-in-one DIY type which allows monitors between 19 and 24" to be mounted to the front of it via a standard VESA mount with height adjustment possible.

Even tweakdown agrees this is an AIO.

I didn't say they never did. 

I said they didn't in the recent past.

Honestly, if Apple didn't exist, tech would pretty much be the same.

I highly doubt that. And I ask you again. If Apple hasn't innovated anything in the technology world RECENTLY, who has?

Exactly. It can hold more.

Now look at the damn size of the imac.

Does it look like a full blown desktop to you? No.

It can't hold the hardware.

And you miss the point so much.

I did not miss the point.I did not buy a case because the case will not improve in performance.

Also it can hold more?As I have said,can you slap a 4960X in there?

Not to say I can pay more to get a eurocom phanter 4.0 laptop which can hold up to a Xeon E7-2890v2 in there.Smaller but kicks the ass out of an iMac.

I highly doubt that. And I ask you again. If Apple hasn't innovated anything in the technology world RECENTLY, who has?

AMD, Nvidia, Samsung, Motorola, and Google.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Apple didn't even invent most of its "innovations." They just refined it.

Expected statement when you cannot argue further.

AIO is supposed to save space,and the case i mentioned does exactly that.

Even tweakdown agrees this is an AIO.

I doesn't  really. It is just a PC case with a vesa mount. Not much space saved.

But anyway, the purpose of AIO is NOT only to save space, but rather also to look nice.

Some people prefer to not live in a shithole, but rather invest some money in some good looking stuff.