Apple hatred, Why is it, Honestly?

Oh ok well I am just telling you coming from personal experience :)

Precisely, same with product suitability, it is personal experience and preference. 

I myself have had two ipads crash on me, and I can't handle not have a sd card for expandable storage and usb for connectivity. Doesn't mean anything about the quality of ipads or their usefulness, just that for me they not very suitable.

The OS isn't intuitive to me

Nor me, It was bad enough when I had to upgrade from xp to 7 and I am hoping to get at least 6 years out of 7 before I have to upgrade again, without considering a completely new OS like OSX.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You must not know that open-source does not mean free software. Noob.

EDIT: For example, Redhat Linux is open-source, but requires payment and license. Winamp is proprietary, but requires no payment or license for use.

Learn the fucking difference before calling me a noob. NOOB!

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The reason Apple gets hit by less virus infections is because it is not as profitable for virus/malware coders to create ransomware for Apple based devices as Apple holds a significantly smaller market share vs Windows based devices. It has absolutely nothing to do with the inherent security of the software. This is probably the single biggest fallacy that the Apple community continues to adhere to.

As far as Apple quality is concerned, did you overlook the recent return of up to 8 million iPhones to Foxconn “due to appearance of substandard or dysfunctional problems"? There have been many issues with substandard Foxconn components in recent years. This year was no exception.

It (also) get less virus, because OS X and/or its basis is far superior in access control. In most cases a user would have to actively download and confirm the installation with their password if the software tries to get certain rights and if then the virus/software is far from having something like root/admin rights. This is not a fallacy, but a fact.

Apple products are far from perfect. I had my macs crash on me, I had to bring them to the service provider, etc. That doesn't mean, that they aren't still good products or in someones opinion far superior to others.

It (also) get less virus, because OS X and/or its basis is far superior in access control. In most cases a user would have to actively download and confirm the installation with their password if the software tries to get certain rights and if then the virus/software is far from having something like root/admin rights. This is not a fallacy, but a fact.

Apple products are far from perfect. I had my macs crash on me, I had to bring them to the service provider, etc. That doesn't mean, that they aren't still good products or in someones opinion far superior to others.

Uh, if you aren't running as Admin it's the same scenario for Windows. To install a piece of software it prompts you for admin credentials, you don't have it, it doesn't install. It isn't anywhere near more secure. If it is so much more secure then how come more than 600,000 Macs got owned in less than a few weeks by a simple java virus? Where was the access control then?

There is a misconception that Apple is superior as far as security goes. This mythical status leaves Apple wide open for broadside attacks because the majority of its user base are elitists who don't know the truth. The only reason Apple appears "safer" is because it is less targeted. This is due to the fact that it holds a much smaller market share. Nothing more.

Also I have never once said that Apple are not good products.

Here is a nice article that sums it all up: http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/04/10/macs-safer-than-pcs/

EDIT: Its 12:06 AM I have to be up @ 6:00 AM. Time to go to sleep. If you still don't get it after reading that article then that's fine. I've worked in the industry far too long to keep arguing about something that I know, and any other industry professional knows to be a fact.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Uh, if you aren't running as Admin it's the same scenario for Windows. To install a piece of software it prompts you for admin credentials, you don't have it, it doesn't install. It isn't anywhere near more secure.

not it isn't. the access control in unices with its microkernel is totally different from windows. It doesn't make writing viruses malware impossible, but it is certainly much more difficult to write malware for OS X. Windows UAC on the other hand is far from being safe, and that has been proven.

Here is a nice article that sums it all up: http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/04/10/macs-safer-than-pcs/

yeah, nice marketing speech you found there quoting anti virus producers, who maid the sale of their lifetime during flashback times. flashback a malware only nesting in a user account and basically doing nothing their.

At the end of the day, I would rather implement smart browsing habits and an unobtrusive AV program than spend more money and buy a Mac that makes me relearn an operating system that I have had quite frankly a terrible experience with compared to Windows. I have crashed more Mac's than Windows pc's. 3 in one day at microcenter. It's funny and sad that I see people that complain that their 300 dollar Toshiba is a piece of shit, I hear them bitch that they'll never buy a Windows computer again because they have had too many hardware and software problems with Windows. It's a 300 dollar computer... don't expect great build quality! Most people buying a computer at that price are the ones with can't use any sort of computer properly do everything is messed up by the time they bring it in to get fixed. But eventually they'll buy am Apple, and then still have no clue how to use it. And then when the hard drive goes they complain louder because 'Mac's don't break or get viruses'. It's all in how you use the computer. Mac's aren't idiot proof nor are they generally that user friendly in my experience.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

not it isn't. the access control in unices with its microkernel is totally different from windows. It doesn't make writing viruses malware impossible, but it is certainly much more difficult to write malware for OS X. Windows UAC on the other hand is far from being safe, and that has been proven.

WOW, the way you talk up apple computers they should be able to solve world hunger, ended the middle east conflict and give us all clean renewable electricity...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This thread is out of controll. Just fanboys claiming fanboys of being fanboys while the fanboys fanboy the fanboys.

WOW, the way you talk up apple computers they should be able to solve world hunger, ended the middle east conflict and give us all clean renewable electricity...

oh but the Unibody! And the AirPort! And the Aloooooooooominum! And the Retina! And the Hipster! Apple=Jesus

Apple 4 Lyfe

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Look I just everyone the answer!!!!

It Just Works. Bitch.

ummmmm Engrish prease

Hail Sithis!

oh but the Unibody! And the AirPort! And the Aloooooooooominum! And the Retina! And the Hipster! Apple=Jesus

Apple 4 Lyfe

Its Al-u-min-i-um

Not Al-u-mi-num.

Its Al-u-min-i-um

Not Al-oo-mi-num.

I know.... I was being silly. Aluuuuuuuuuuuminum looks weird to type so I opted to use O instead of U

Hail Sithis!

I edited it.

yay :)

Hail Sithis!

I know.... I was being silly. Aluuuuuuuuuuuminum looks weird to type so I opted to use O instead of U

No you don't seem to understand!

Americans pronounce it aluminum. English people pronounce it the correct way, which is aluminium.

No you don't seem to understand.

Americans pronounce it aluminum. English people pronounce it the correct way, which is aluminium.

oh this argument....Well my answer to that is 'Merica.

Hail Sithis!

No you don't seem to understand!

oh this argument....Well my answer to that is 'Merica.

Well, I'd rather have this discussion than the other one. 

First question in this video:

GO F*CK YOURSELF ;)

Well, I'd rather have this discussion than the other one.

First question in this video:

I love periodicvideos!

Hail Sithis!

here is a list of reason why i dislike Apple:

1. The Desktop OS is Bulky, Clumsy and illogical for smart users.
  2. The Mobile OS was OK and is now terrible, they seam to be Devolving the experience.
  3. Their Hardware is overpriced for no reason other than profit.
  4. They have a 1200% Mark up on all of the Hardware costs.
  5. The general user is unbearable to be near due to Cockiness for spending too much on a low end system.
  6. Minimal hardware support for Custom builders.
  7. Much like COD they re-release the same crap annually and claim it to be something new.
  8. The hardware they release is ugly and poorly designed.
  9. They crash if you don't have a well vented room.
  10. Their software makes you Download things you don't want and say no too. (Downloading iTunes will also download shitware from online and is near impossible to Unistall, You can say no to the DL and it will DL anyway)
  11. it has this Elitest air to it and its sickening to be near, Much like PC to Console but worse.
  12. Siri is Scum and annoying.

Thats all i can think of for now... there is so much more reason i hate Apple but i cant be bothered to type that much atm :|

Character artist in the Games industry.

Locked.