Worse Noctua fan quality after moving production to China

Ventus

The only reason people put up with the ugly as all hell colour scheme, and over the top pricing, is due to quality. If that is no more, why would anyone buy noctua? I don't think they understand how much they are harming their brand right now. Noctua is bought by the nerds who are all in on quality and performance. If that is questioned now, they will go elsewhere.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Nice find .  Wonder if the company will address the issue or just wave it off as nothing.

Details separate people.

23 minutes ago, Notional said:

The only reason people put up with the ugly as all hell colour scheme, and over the top pricing, is due to quality. If that is no more, why would anyone buy noctua? I don't think they understand how much they are harming their brand right now. Noctua is bought by the nerds who are all in on quality and performance. If that is questioned now, they will go elsewhere.

Exactly, i usually recommend noctua to basically everyone that needs a really good fan because i'm sure they will get the best of the best.

But now, i'm not so sure anymore... Maybe it's time to do a high-end fan comparison and see if there are maybe some good alternatives out there...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Except 96% of all manufacturing is done in China. The stigma Oh it's made in China is sorta gone considering everything is made their. Doesn't mean it's garbage BUT I will agree China is full of knock offs and cheap parts

China makes a lot of things, but not quite as much as you think.

Main issue is that Chinese manufacturing is monstrously subsidized by the Government. A huge chunk of it is actually been done at a loss. Which is what causes the big problem.

Am I the only one who finds the color scheme awesome?

Seriously in a Black case with black components a Founders Edition GTX card and Noctua fans look damn awesome.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Nice find .  Wonder if the company will address the issue or just wave it off as nothing.

Right now we don't even know if it is an issue.  The video is a sample size of one and you can find those variances even in identical fans made at the same location.  

Am I saying there is NOT a problem?  No not at all.  I am just saying we don't know enough yet.  I want to see some some real testing with a good control group.  Showing performance both inside and outside of cases, and possibly some testing on the plastic to see if it is indeed cheaper of just looks a bit different.  Hopufuly someone like GN will get too it soon.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

26 minutes ago, Notional said:

I am considering going to BeQuite now for next build instead of Noctua.. and they are black.

3 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Except 96% of all manufacturing is done in China. The stigma Oh it's made in China is sorta gone considering everything is made their. Doesn't mean it's garbage BUT I will agree China is full of knock offs and cheap parts

There is an international study on manufacturing but I cant remember who publishes it and I cant seem to find it right now. It grades countries by quality, cost, and ease of doing business. China is an inversion of europe and the anglosohere, low quality, low price, low skilled workforce. China's dominance in manufacturing has only really been in the last decade. China only entered the WTO in '03, thanks to Bill Clinton who campaigned in the 90s that he would not do trade deals with countries that undercut on safety and workers rights.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Mold looks soft compared to the taiwanese version 

Rip noctua hail be quiet

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

what it looks like is the chinese factory is using old worn out injection moulds, but this is going to seriously affect noctua's brand, and could be a sign of their downfall.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Noctua already charges a premium for their fans. Do they really need to manufacture their products in China in order to squeeze a few more cents of profit out of them?

I doubt I'll buy again nor recommend any Noctua fans to any body I know.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

That sucks.

Now I need to check my nine 3000rpm Noctua fans (the black ones) for "Made in China".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I like the Noctua colors. There, I said it. I don't get why every damn fan has to be black or red or has to have LEDs. I like my fans being brown and beige, they make me feel like a grown up.

3 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

it is a sad day for people planning a poo brown themed build

might be because its half midnight and i havent had a good nights sleep in ages but that made me laugh so hard i cried

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I will do a build that colour matches Noctua fans.

Wrong thread, sorry.

Sponsor me and I'll do it!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

China Noctua knockoffs, that actually meet Nocuta's specs, but under a different name at 1/10 the price, in 5...4...3...2...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, Tiz said:

I like the Noctua colors. There, I said it. I don't get why every damn fan has to be black or red or has to have LEDs. I like my fans being brown and beige, they make me feel like a grown up.

The black ones have a nice industrial look

Spoiler

sGeuXgA.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

I will do a build that colour matches Noctua fans.

I think wood would work very well. Has to be nice wood like a antique table build.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

I think wood would work very well. Has to be nice wood like a antique table build.

spray paint, nicky v, and some screaming with dennis.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.