Qualcomm trying to ban the sales of Iphones in the US

10 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Bruh they give you solid sounding headphones that cost $30 retail, a $20 wall adapter, a $25 cable, and a $10 headphone adapter. 

If you need a different cable buy it yourself. 

but I have no clue why apple did this, were on mac books they went from TB2 to USB C to TB3 which breaks display compatibility, were even adapters don't help.

and AFAIK they don't supply a cable for the iPhone to plug into a macbook. 

Their I/O has been all over the place the past few years which makes upgrading and past compatibility really bad.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

I'm cheering for a complete overhaul of the patent system...but I don't think I'll ever see that. Sad face. 

On an unrelated note you must be excited for the My Little Pony movie!

I only wrote it to bug the Apple fanboys, it's funny, like a couple got baited [:

And yes I saw the trailers the movie seems extremely promising, I'll totally watch it!

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Holy shit! Tim Cook predicted the future of Apple at this years WWDC.

:P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

It doesn't really matter if the previous attempts didn't penetrate the market to any meaningful amount.

Why? It's not because something wasn't successful that it wasn't invented first, by someone. You can't call something an innovation if you just took someone else's idea and market it better than they did.

29 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Why? It's not because something wasn't successful that it wasn't invented first, by someone. You can't call something an innovation if you just took someone else's idea and market it better than they did.

Innovating is distinctly different from invention. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Innovating is distinctly different from invention. 

In this case not so much because others already marketed it to the same purposes as Apple did 

Just now, laminutederire said:

In this case not so much because others already marketed it to the same purposes as Apple did 

Yet they offered a product with a poor implementation, poor usability, or poor support. Take a fingerprint scanner -- Apple didn't create the fingerprint scanner, but prior to the iPhone 5s fingerprint scanners weren't popular on phones due to poor accuracy, security, and/or support. The same is true with the TouchBar on the recent Macs -- one could argue that the touchbar doesn't add much, but that's another point altogether. There have been similar implementations on other laptops, but they never got anywhere because they worked horribly and/or they were completely unsupported. 

Being able to implement something significantly better than previous attempts is just as important as inventing it in the first place. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

i think that apple cannot be eradicated from the smartphone industry at this time stamp. iphones are everywhere. i do not think qualcomm will win

7 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yet they offered a product with a poor implementation, poor usability, or poor support. Take a fingerprint scanner -- Apple didn't create the fingerprint scanner, but prior to the iPhone 5s fingerprint scanners weren't popular on phones due to poor accuracy, security, and/or support. The same is true with the TouchBar on the recent Macs -- one could argue that the touchbar doesn't add much, but that's another point altogether. There have been similar implementations on other laptops, but they never got anywhere because they worked horribly and/or they were completely unsupported. 

Being able to implement something significantly better than previous attempts is just as important as inventing it in the first place. 

I bought an Archos prior to the iPod touch back in the day,  and it was as usable, with significantly more storage, same battery life but better overall product life. Heck my friend who bought an iPod touch 6 months later had theirs fail like 3 years ago while mine still works perfectly. The implementation was as good or even better than Apple's, it was just under marketed and lacked the apple stamp on it.

The fingerprint scanner is irrelevant since it depends on the people making those sensors. Implementations on android phones from the same time frame than apple's work just as good.

All of that revolves around the fact that your statement is true but it's application to apple is sometimes far fetched and rely more on marketing than  a real technological edge of the scale you suggest.

12 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I mean just look at the conclusion of the great Apple vs. Samsung pissing match of 2012. It was home court advantage for Apple. This time, it won't be home court advantage for any of them since they're both American companies, it will probably be about how much taxes can we get between these two companies. 

more iPhone sales = more taxes from Apple

more taxes from Apple = lawmakers leaning towards Apple

lawmakers leaning towards Apple = Qualcomm's request sent to the shredding machine

Yeah, I don't see Qualcomm's request happening anytime soon. And just think of the backlash if there's no iPhone in stock for both consumers and businesses to buy. 

OP @g12601 you should make a poll about this. Who are LTT members leaning towards? Apple or Qualcomm.

That's not how the court works. They don't decided based on what would be best for the country but rather based on the law. If Apple is actually infringing on Qualcomm patents then they will lose. If Apple isn't then they will win. I don't get why everyone thinks that having more money means you will win. They both have more than enough money to afford really good lawyers so it's going to come down to who actually has the better case.

4 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

were on mac books they went from TB2 to USB C to TB3 which breaks display compatibility, were even adapters don't help.

USB C was on the MacBook because Thunderbolt 3 didn't exist at the time the MacBook came out I think. 

IT doesn't actually matter thought since USB C can still do display out. Nothing "breaks display compatibility" so idk what you are talking about. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

They don't decided based on what would be best for the country but rather based on the law.

Awwww

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

I don't get why everyone thinks that having more money means you will win

Because its true. 

39 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

USB C was on the MacBook because Thunderbolt 3 didn't exist at the time the MacBook came out I think. 

IT doesn't actually matter thought since USB C can still do display out. Nothing "breaks display compatibility" so idk what you are talking about. 

The old TB2 screens do not work with the macbook.

Mac compatible USB c screens do not work on the newer TB3 macs

the new TB3 screens do not work on USB C Macbooks.

21 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

The old TB2 screens do not work with the macbook.

Yeah no sh*t, VGA monitors dont work with HDMI monitors 

Mac compatible USB c screens do not work on the newer TB3 macs

Prove it? What about the review on this that prove your wrong? Stop making up sh*t.

the new TB3 screens do not work on USB C Macbooks.

TB3 conforms to USB C standards. USB C cannot be thunderbolt but Thunderbolt can be USB C. 

Even if qualcomm is right and wins, it won't end with iphone sales being halted - they'll just get a cut of the profits. Apple has gotten out of copyright and patent disputes by burying the other company in money before.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Even if qualcomm is right and wins, it won't end with iphone sales being halted - they'll just get a cut of the profits. Apple has gotten out of copyright and patent disputes by burying the other company in money before.

That's what Qualcomm actually wants -- they wanted a percentage of the sale value of all iPhones that use a Qualcomm chip and Apple refused because paying a percentage on an $650-$1000~ phone to be allowed to use their modem is ridiculous. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

This is an unfair comparison, vga is analog and much older than thunderbolt 2. Also, if there was a "vga 2" I'd expect it to be retrocompatible at least with its own predecessor.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

That's what Qualcomm actually wants -- they wanted a percentage of the sale value of all iPhones that use a Qualcomm chip and Apple refused because paying a percentage on an $650-$1000~ phone to be allowed to use their modem is ridiculous. 

Is it ridiculous though? Apple has pretty high margins, and patents exist for a reason... if everyone could just take patents and use them at their discretion nobody would invest in r&d because they wouldn't want to be the only ones to pay for new tech development and get nothing out of it. Apple themselves are in constant legal battles over copyright/patent/trade secret infringements so this would be at least a little bit hypocritical if qualcomm is right.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

This is an unfair comparison

So is saying Thunderbolt 2 should work with Thunderbolt 3 when the connectors are f*cking different. 

Intel saw a benefit in using a standard connector type, so they did it. People will complain about everything, everything a company does someone will always complain. 

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Prove it? What about the review on this that prove your wrong? Stop making up sh*t.

TB3 conforms to USB C standards. USB C cannot be thunderbolt but Thunderbolt can be USB C. 

1 and that caused some issues.

2 and 3 I remember reading about a few monitors that do not play nice when swapping between. by monitor has TB2 and can not take DP signals though the TB2 port. it is the same kinda of issue but with USB C screens and TB3 screens. 

my point is they didn't make it a smooth transition which made it that some people had brand new expensive monitor that would not work. no need to get all defensive.

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Because its true. 

No it's not. Explain how Nokia won then?

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

So is saying Thunderbolt 2 should work with Thunderbolt 3 when the connectors are f*cking different. 

Intel saw a benefit in using a standard connector type, so they did it. People will complain about everything, everything a company does someone will always complain. 

It's not about the connector's shape, it's about the fact that it can't be passively adapted (at least as far as I know).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 2017-07-07 at 7:12 AM, Princess Cadence said:

I only wrote it to bug the Apple fanboys, it's funny, like a couple got baited [:

And yes I saw the trailers the movie seems extremely promising, I'll totally watch it!

Haha, yeah. I feel sorry for the Apple supporters here, they get bashed around quite a bit. Almost as bad as the Windows Phone guys! ;)

Hahah, I saw it and immediately thought of you. Hopefully it's everything you want it to be!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha, yeah. I feel sorry for the Apple supporters here, they get bashed around quite a bit. Almost as bad as the Windows Phone guys!

I got to own a Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone, it was actually really great, it did everything I cared for in a phone really, I'm not exactly smartphone enthusiast I just have this cheap decent Lenovo now and android is fine too...

But iOS I only consider usable if you jail break, I have an iPod Touch 3rd gen or something I think... after that it is great too I just find Apple fans funny to mess with ^~^

The movie indeed will be great, this season was really great too, hopefully the sales numbers are nice so the ride can keep going hehe few things really cheers me up nowadays.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)