Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

Andreas Lilja
Just now, Sauron said:

The problem is that if you have a 4k monitor stuff will be too small at native :P

then you should have put that 4k monitor closer to your face :D

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

then you should have put that 4k monitor closer to your face :D

but then you only see half of the stuff on screen :( full nightmare mode

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

but then you only see half of the stuff on screen :( full nightmare mode

a while back i dropped my glasses, it's amazing how useful a 24 inch 4k monitor is if your view stops after 10cm xD

The resolution thing has been brought up many times on the Steam forums.

I don't remember the specifics, but the way that Hidden Path (of CS:GO fame, they ported AoE 2 HD) coded the whole thing means that the code would need to be rewritten from scratch and Skybox (who maintain the game) said they don't have the manpower to do it. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

i wish they bring this back or made a sequel our of itmy all time favourite age of empires, and the only reason why Age 2 and 3 have more game hours is because this got shut down and they to had fill the void left by this great loss. And im not salty at all for buying all civs and see them disappear nito thin air 

glad this peace of shit called age of empires online did shutdown. Now they hopefully focus on real games.

Just now, Teddy07 said:

glad this peace of shit called age of empires online did shutdown. Now they hopefully focus on real games.

^ the majority of AoE fanbase.

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

^ the majority of AoE fanbase.

AoEO was amazing! What is wrong with you people

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

AoEO was amazing! What is wrong with you people

that along with any reincarnation of an old popular game turned f2p that it was microtransactioned to hell, infested with idiots, cartoonish, and untrue to the genre?

Just now, manikyath said:

that along with any reincarnation of an old popular game turned f2p that it was microtransactioned to hell, infested with idiots, cartoonish, and untrue to the genre?

the art style was unique and a fresh coat of paint after Age 3, the f2p model was decent since once you bought your Civ you pretty much had everything unlocked with and you could buy them also with the in game currency that you could farm. And the only place where it truly was a MT hell was at vanity island, which as the name says, it's only  vanity i.e.: skins that bear no function or utility to the game other than look good/cool

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

art style was unique

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

untrue to the genre

38 minutes ago, manikyath said:

from the series that based the entire campaign of it's last opus plus an expansion on the fountain of youth

I've received a survey for the Beta this morning. If you signed up when this thread was created, you may have received the e-mail by now. The survey takes about eight minutes to complete and, before anyone throttles me, that's pretty short for a Beta survey. 

You'll be asked to provide a dxdiag.txt file. Nothing personally identifiable can be found within the file unless you count being one of a hundred-thousand users with X GPU and CPU as being personally identifiable. Paranoia jokes aside, I'm hoping that this Beta turns out to be a grand re-entrance for the future of the franchise. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

10 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I've received a survey for the Beta this morning. If you signed up when this thread was created, you may have received the e-mail by now. The survey takes about eight minutes to complete and, before anyone throttles me, that's pretty short for a Beta survey. 

You'll be asked to provide a dxdiag.txt file. Nothing personally identifiable can be found within the file unless you count being one of a hundred-thousand users with X GPU and CPU as being personally identifiable. Paranoia jokes aside, I'm hoping that this Beta turns out to be a grand re-entrance for the future of the franchise. 

*queue Barnacules rant about stealing your data*

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

On 6/13/2017 at 1:36 AM, SansVarnic said:

Do the same to C&C.

Updated Generals & ZH please!

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

"Xbox Live multiplayer"

wait, what? xD how are you going to play this on an Xbox? xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

"Xbox Live multiplayer"

There have always been rumors of Xbox supporting KB/M fully. Maybe we're getting real close and the success of this one title is the tipping point?

QUICKLY! Get an XBOX!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

Just now, ARikozuM said:

There have always been rumors of Xbox supporting KB/M fully. Maybe we're getting real close and the success of this one title is the tipping point?

QUICKLY! Get an XBOX!

lol maybe.  I just can't see it though, the number of xbox users who would get a mouse and keyboard is surely < 1%

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

lol maybe.  I just can't see it though, the number of xbox users who would get a mouse and keyboard is surely < 1%

Are you counting the PC/UWP users? KB can be used for internet surfing on Xbox. If Microsoft is truly going to push for their cross-compatibility, making the Xbox as close to the PC experience becomes a necessity for some games.

Just look at how many peripherals can be used between Xbox and PC. Steering wheels, basic HOTAS (is it hoe-tass or hot-ass?), as well as KB's. We're likely months away from seeing it come true, but for those power users simply having the option to switch would be great.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

Are you counting the PC/UWP users? KB can be used for internet surfing on Xbox. If Microsoft is truly going to push for their cross-compatibility, making the Xbox as close to the PC experience becomes a necessity for some games.

Just look at how many peripherals can be used between Xbox and PC. Steering wheels, basic HOTAS (is it hoe-tass or hot-ass?), as well as KB's. We're likely months away from seeing it come true, but for those power users simply having the option to switch would be great.

imo it's not a question of it they could, or even honestly if they will, it's a question of how many xbox gamers will actually take to it.  They've had what they have for so long and when you also factor in the PCMR/console war, they've gotten to the point where they genuinely think their solution is better no matter what and that won't change easily.

18 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

"Xbox Live multiplayer"

Xbox players can't, of course, play Age of Empires. It simply means that you need an Xbox live account which you can create for free from a PC. This means no steam support and also Windows 10 is needed.

Just now, Teddy07 said:

Xbox players can't, of course, play Age of Empires. It simply means that you need an Xbox live account which you can create for free from a PC. This means no steam support and also Windows 10 is needed.

ಠ_ಠ

rip :( 

1 hour ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Updated Generals & ZH please!

Honest, both Generals and Generals Zero Hour are still very playable.  I've been making my way through the campaign again recently, and it works perfectly fine on my Windows 10 system.  Unless you mean the MP, which I never played.

Before / after art.

We tried our best to stick to the original core gameplay of the 1997 release, but introduced a few features that are now considered standard in RTS games. Things like attack move, gather points and intelligent villagers will all come to the game.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti