Wasnt there just an apology for clickbaiting too hard?

So how did this one slip? whats the reasoning behind doing it again when you just apologized?

I am not the only one who thinks this is kinda weird seeing you knew you would get hate right?

Just now, alenova said:

I have to admit, the clickbait is bad. But people are really jumping on the "OMG CLICKBAIT LETS BURN THEM ALL TO DEATH" quick.

i mean i would let it slip if it werent that they just apologised for doing it earlier. i mean they state you can triple battery life. thats what those apps state they can do.

It works in tricking the idiots like me to click on it

so I've recently started to watch LTT again ..

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, WereCat said:

FFS it is obviously sarcasm

sarcasm xD in a title to a video with no intonation? :P

i dont care about it much, what i DO care about is when they title the video something it really is not. as long as the titiles are not some compleate lie im good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, alenova said:

I have to admit, the clickbait is bad. But people are really jumping on the "OMG CLICKBAIT LETS BURN THEM ALL TO DEATH" quick.

this.

i'm amazed at how people are so efficient at just jumping to negativity every time linus does *something*...

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

It works in tricking the idiots like me to click on it

so I've recently started to watch LTT again ..

im an idiot too, but not an idiot that likes being lied too :P

Just now, manikyath said:

this.

i'm amazed at how people are so efficient at just jumping to negativity every time linus does *something*...

linus didnt do this, an employee did :)

Just now, pollepel said:

this carrot is a vegetable.

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

i dont care about it much, what i DO care about is when they title the video something it really is not. as long as the titiles are not some compleate lie im good

the title is a lie though, if you do all the reasonable stuff they tell you, then maybe you can at max double the time you can use it.

Just now, manikyath said:

this carrot is a vegetable.

all carrots are vegetables, no need to get racist :P

YouTube is currently plagued by a click bait epidemic. Who knows if it'll ever get better but it just kind of makes me sad seeing good channels resorting to this for views or add revenue.

He didnt really apologize.. He really just said this is what we have to do for new viewers. Never said he was gonna stop. Plus theres nothing really wrong with it. They are a big company with a 200 thousand dollar camera lol. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Just now, pollepel said:

the title is a lie though, if you do all the reasonable stuff they tell you, then maybe you can at max double the time you can use it.

i didnt really count, but i'm sure between their best case scenario test, and their "RGB peripherals baseline" there's about a 3x.

They have apologized in the past, saying how they hate the clickbait, followed by the reason they still do it and will continue to do it: it makes more money.

7 minutes ago, pollepel said:

Linus as the boss of LMG will be the figure we point the hate towards though, because that's what a boss (or in bigger companies the PR/community manager) does.

Plus, I am pretty sure Linus has said in the past all videos have to go past him before being put on YouTube (not sure if that is still the case now).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Mohenjo said:

He didnt really apologize.. He really just said this is what we have to do for new viewers. Never said he was gonna stop. Plus theres nothing really wrong with it. They are a big company with a 200 thousand dollar camera lol. 

and he explained his methods, and why he believes they are acceptable for a large profile channel.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

YouTube is currently plagued by a click bait epidemic. Who knows if it'll ever get better but it just kind of makes me sad seeing good channels resorting to this for views or add revenue.

does anyone else think he has too cause adcrisis and he has so many employees?

You can see already the video has 1,000+ dislikes compared to only just more than 2k likes.... They are only shooting themselves in the foot.

Just now, Minibois said:

Plus, I am pretty sure Linus has said in the past all videos have to go past him before being put on YouTube (not sure if that is still the case now).

linus iirc is still the chief of production, in other words nothing makes it to the vareous platforms without his blessing.

14 minutes ago, pollepel said:

So how did this one slip? whats the reasoning behind doing it again when you just apologized?

I am not the only one who thinks this is kinda weird seeing you knew you would get hate right?

Holy shitimage.jpeg.d5dcc68342a20f3f48ec30092fe2329e.jpeg

gg

what I do: lowest brightness then forget about everything and type at 100WPM

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, pollepel said:

does anyone else think he has too cause adcrisis and he has so many employees?

no.

this is a clever buisinessman testing the waters to see where his buisiness can venture to grow.

Just now, themctipers said:

Holy shit

gg

what I do: lowest brightness then forget about everything and type at 100WPM

if you have a 2nd gen quadcore i7 in your laptop forcing it to 800Mhz does really good as well :D

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

They did make the point that everyone does it, and all the peeps on Youtube are looking for videos with thumbnails like this. It's good for attracting new viewers, but it mixes up the ones who have been watching them before the clickbait syndrome hit. I started watching them just before it happened, and the thumbnail was usually a nice picture of something that actually happens in the video. Though the well done thumbnails do make me LOL. :D

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch