Wasnt there just an apology for clickbaiting too hard?

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

thats why not all of his videos are some horrendous experiment, and why he has lost more subscribers than most channels will ever have. a clever buisiness man isnt afraid of running a loss on one side, if it means turning a greater profit on the other side. you arent forced to watch linus, you arent paying to watch his content (and in some sense, floatplane folks arent *really* as per definition either.), quite simply put if you dont like his videos you just stop watching. there's no harsh feelings.

i used to be a regular teksyndicate viewer, but as i felt that the channel (and the forum community, but that's a different matter) was drifting to a direction i didnt like, i just moved on to other things.

yea, but linus always felt like a small man that grew his business, he always assured us he would keep his integrity. thats why i care. you think i go to other channels and post on their forum to ask why they keep doing this, no i just leave em. i genuinly care about ltt and love it. thats why i want to tell em, we dont like this (we as in the ones that clicked dislike) and i want to give feedback. so they know why i clicked dislike.

Just now, WereCat said:

Yes, that lie hurts.

I stood up, did 3 easy steps but my battery life did not increased.

xD they said it DEFINITELY would, they should change it to MAYBE WILL and it would of been fine

4 minutes ago, kalnick said:

I got the sarcasm in the title, but maybe its because I've seen enough LTT videos to recognize that it is sarcasm.

Agreed 100%. It's not click bait.. Its a bloody sense of humor. Linus has always done a good job at keeping humor in his products. Much better than the old school days in front of the projection TV giving power points on hardware for NCIX.

The irony that most people don't get is that you don't need to search the internet to get better battery life. It takes a little bit of education to figure it out. But there are many people who are online right now searching for quick easy applications to do get better battery life by installing some malicious program.. Sounds great. Linus's video definitely does show methods that are guaranteed to work on PCs.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

Agreed 100%. It's not click bait.. Its a bloody sense of humor. Linus has always done a good job at keeping humor in his products. Much better than the old school days in front of the projection TV giving power points on hardware for NCIX.

The irony that most people don't get is that you don't need to search the internet to get better battery life. It takes a little bit of education to figure it out. But there are many people who are online right now searching for quick easy applications to do get better battery life by installing some malicious program.. Sounds great. Linus's video definitely does show methods that are guaranteed to work on PCs.

if he wanted to be funny, then he would make the title: Triple your Battery Life for FREE! THIS METHOD KINDA WORKS :D !

If you know its sarcasm from the get go then how were you lied to in the first place??

Either way there was no lying done. Either you get the "joke" or you don't but no lie was told..

[removed]

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Oh come on it wasn't even clickbait. You're gulible if you thought it was legit.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

3 hours ago, vong said:

Oh come on it wasn't even clickbait. You're gulible if you thought it was legit.

True, but don't you run the risk of losing credibility because you are posting purposely non legitimate videos? It's also kind of a slippery slope for the sake of views. New video idea... double your RAM! Just a download away!

I don't care much about watching some the videos lately, because they are caring more about maximizing their views than actually producing informative/interesting/relevant Tech Tip videos.

3 hours ago, vong said:

True, but don't you run the risk of losing credibility because you are posting purposely non legitimate videos? It's also kind of a slippery slope for the sake of views. New video idea... double your RAM! Just a download away!

I don't care much about watching some the videos lately, because they are caring more about maximizing their views than actually producing informative/interesting/relevant Tech Tip videos.

6 hours ago, suits said:

I mean they tripled their battery life. Why is it click bait?

Because they didn't actually triple anything. They cut the battery life down, and shown that different usage patterns have different effects on battery life. At no point, do they ever give out an actual list of tips that "triple battery life" that can be used across different scenarios, not to mention, they only used one sample.

It'd be like my posting a video on how to triple your gas mileage, with my first tip being "don't tow of haul anything, as we see half the MPG towing at the advertised maximums," whilst I test only on a my 2007 6.7 Turbo Diesel 2500. Sure, it'll work for most Diesel 2500's of the same/similar configuration, but it doesn't mean jack shit for someone rocking a Ford V10 Triton F250, a Dodge V10 Magnum 2500, V8 Dodge Dakota, an iForce V8 Tundra, or a twin turbo V6 F150. Not to mention anyone driving a Honda Civic or a Peterbilt. I also didn't triple my fuel efficiency, I put my truck in a scenario that severely reduces it, that most people won't quite be doing often.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Because they didn't actually triple anything. They cut the battery life down, and shown that different usage patterns have different effects on battery life. At no point, do they ever give out an actual list of tips that "triple battery life" that can be used across different scenarios, not to mention, they only used one sample.

It'd be like my posting a video on how to triple your gas mileage, with my first tip being "don't tow of haul anything, as we see half the MPG towing at the advertised maximums," whilst I test only on a my 2007 6.7 Turbo Diesel 2500. Sure, it'll work for most Diesel 2500's of the same/similar configuration, but it doesn't mean jack shit for someone rocking a Ford V10 Triton F250, a Dodge V10 Magnum 2500, V8 Dodge Dakota, an iForce V8 Tundra, or a twin turbo V6 F150. Not to mention anyone driving a Honda Civic or a Peterbilt. I also didn't triple my fuel efficiency, I put my truck in a scenario that severely reduces it, that most people won't quite be doing often.

I get what you're saying but that's an extremely cynical thing to think. You do you but looking for the dead tree in every forest isn't a great way to live. 

1 minute ago, suits said:

I get what you're saying but that's an extremely cynical thing to think. You do you but looking for the dead tree in every forest isn't a great way to live. 

It's not cynical, it's a realistic analyzation of the load of bullshit that was this video.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 hours ago, pollepel said:

So how did this one slip? whats the reasoning behind doing it again when you just apologized?

I am not the only one who thinks this is kinda weird seeing you knew you would get hate right?

Hmmm because the apology was NOT truthful.

Hmmm because he is making money off it.

7 hours ago, manikyath said:

this.

i'm amazed at how people are so efficient at just jumping to negativity every time linus does *something*...

But this recent title is like one of those godawful "articles‘ you see on shit news sites

9 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

But this recent title is like one of those godawful "articles‘ you see on shit news sites

I have to agree

I stopped watching

7 hours ago, suits said:

I mean they tripled their battery life. Why is it click bait?

The title says "Triple your Battery Life" not "We tripled our battery life", wouldnt be so bad if that was the case (Testing is still very unrealistic though). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

2 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

and surprise surprise there's actually decent information behind it ;)

they use clickbait cuz clickbait works, end of story. it brings in tons of more people and new viewers.

personally, i dont care.

i dont watch the videos based on what the video is going to be about.

i looks at my sub page and go "oh look a new video from linus, lets watch it" i dont care what its about.

if its too cringy ill just close it, like i do with most of channel superfuns crap now.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I see we are having our monthly rant thread about LTT doing something distasteful.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Unfortunately, as tactless as it is, it nets them views. LTT has become a full-time business where money comes first rather than principles. I personally gave up on LTT a long time ago, the only videos that I watch are the techquickies if I don't already know them. I open the WAN shows as well but I just check the topics on the description, I don't bother listening to their opinions in the video.

On 5/25/2017 at 4:12 PM, themctipers said:

image.jpeg.d5dcc68342a20f3f48ec30092fe2329e.jpeg

Is this seriously what everyone is complaining about?

That right there looks like some grade-A satire on the state of clickbait.

I wouldn't believe them to be intentionally dishonest; But I wouldn't put it past them to troll their viewers a little bit for fun.

Y'all need to chill out.

---

Im pretty chillaxed but I hate what L-man is doing!

1 hour ago, PrimeSonic said:

Y'all need to chill out.