Wasnt there just an apology for clickbaiting too hard?

20 hours ago, PrimeSonic said:

Is this seriously what everyone is complaining about?

That right there looks like some grade-A satire on the state of clickbait.

I wouldn't believe them to be intentionally dishonest; But I wouldn't put it past them to troll their viewers a little bit for fun.

Y'all need to chill out.

The best part is that compared to what's a normal use case for me (screen brightness at max, bunch of stuff open in the background, listening to music, hooked up to mouse/keyboard/external monitor) they actually did triple their battery life by turning the brightness down, using headphones, unpligging peripherals and closing background stuff.

And I get about those same results on my own older laptop so... >.>

Until laptops start rocking AMOLED panels and we all adopt low power peripheral busses like UniPro M-Phy, it's pretty realistic to see their steps triple your battery life compared to defaults.

On 2017-5-26 at 6:06 AM, manikyath said:

i'm amazed at how people are so efficient at just jumping to negativity every time linus does *something*...

For me personally i see the serious/professional tone under which the channel built its foundation (and this community) and wonder why he cant just continue with the same standards and continue to grow, does he really need click bait/lots of bright colours and pulling stupid faces in every thumbnail to perhaps grow a little faster than what he would have if he stuck to the original method? 

In the past i watched (and looked forward to i might add) every single video Linus made but now i probably watch half or even less :( 

genuine clickbait is indistinguishable from a parody of clickbait

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

For awhile there I thought Linus was going to be dressing up more like that Back to the Future skit he did.

I was scared, really really scared.

9 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

why he cant just continue with the same standards and continue to grow

because continuing as you do, and growing your buisiness, are two VERY different things.

my boss would LOVE going back to the day where his buisiness ran with only him, his friend, and his sister doing accounting, unfortunately that would mean they cant grow, so they had to change to a more "corporate" approach that unfortunately just has some downsides (staff ranks, less flexibility towards clients, etc.)

On 5/26/2017 at 2:15 AM, Mirdon said:

Unfortunately, as tactless as it is, it nets them views. LTT has become a full-time business where money comes first rather than principles. I personally gave up on LTT a long time ago, the only videos that I watch are the techquickies if I don't already know them. I open the WAN shows as well but I just check the topics on the description, I don't bother listening to their opinions in the video.

A business without principles is doomed to fail.

Didn't watch the video. The title turned me away.

If LTT want's to go this way (or has to, to survive or just to prosper) I will unsubscribe.

Don't get me wrong: that is not meant as a thread or anything like that. It's just like it is. I enjoy LTT videos, but there are enough alternative tech channels without this kind of "marketing".

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

A business without principles is doomed to fail.

Spoiler

1.png.9ee49c5e7954d8ee1eeb26b5344e4972.png

Yeah that title was just a bit too over the top for me, kinda did veer on those weird articles you find on random websites that you look at and they make the product sound like the holy grail

but hey i guess it gets a lot of the casual viewers pulled in, a bit dirty but if it works i guess.

i AM A TASTY NUUUUUB!!!!! 

Any tactic designed to attract brain dead is offensive to intellectuals, and I assume tech enthusiasts are magnitudes smarter than normies that's why it's unsettling to see this happen on LTT, they are catering to dumber audience.

Hey, at least he hasn't figured out how to crop in those little red arrows pointing to everything nonsensically, or created some 5 minute flashy dubstep intro.

As long as the thumbnail is clickbait and the content is quality, then I'm happy.

If it goes the other way then, notsomuch...

----------------------------
        Weem

4 hours ago, Mirdon said:

Seems like a few users in this thread have a hard time understanding that concept.

I don't care about thumbnails as long as the content is good. If both are bad them i'm a little upset.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Seems like a few users in this thread have a hard time understanding that concept.

I know right.