Wasnt there just an apology for clickbaiting too hard?

2 minutes ago, --Shaw Computing-- said:

You can see already the video has 1,000+ dislikes compared to only just more than 2k likes.... They are only shooting themselves in the foot.

or this:

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

no.

this is a clever buisinessman testing the waters to see where his buisiness can venture to grow.

result of the water testing: it is toxic.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

no.

this is a clever buisinessman testing the waters to see where his buisiness can venture to grow.

but what if he goes too deep? i mean what if people that like buzzfeed sub to the channel, what integrity will remain of what once was an awesome channel with great content

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i didnt really count, but i'm sure between their best case scenario test, and their "RGB peripherals baseline" there's about a 3x.

tbh they used a laptop you would see used in schools, would you rlly use a full rgb keyboard with that. i mean why stick to one laptop and why not use multiple. these tests are in no way a generic test, you cant conclude anything out of this.

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

linus iirc is still the chief of production, in other words nothing makes it to the vareous platforms without his blessing.

In the past on the WAN show though, Linus and Luke are often talking about videos which either of them did not see (I at least remember Luke saying that, not sure if Linus does too).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I hate to say it, but the majority of people who are desperately trying to fix their battery life are likely clicking on bait anyways. Want to save battery power? Run antivirus program and remove all that malware...

But the HP Spectre has really good battery life. They would have done better to get some generic POS laptop and tested this...

3 minutes ago, pollepel said:

does anyone else think he has too cause adcrisis and he has so many employees?

I'll give Linus and his emplyees credit. I've seen channels where litterally every single video has a clickbait title and thumbnail but at least LTT is being mild about it. If different kinds of advertising fell into different categories then having a few videos that are clickbaitiy isn't an issue for me but when a channel spams every video title and thumbnail with click baity material it's just annoying.

A few clickbait-like videos on a channel filled with non-clickbait like videos doesn't bother me much, like LTT.

1 minute ago, pollepel said:

the title is a lie though, if you do all the reasonable stuff they tell you, then maybe you can at max double the time you can use it.

after wathing the video i think that the title is just a little bit exadurated. just closeing the backgroud stuff doubbled battery life and then it adds on from there

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Windows7ge said:

I'll give Linus and his emplyees credit. I've seen channels where litterally every single video has a clickbait title and thumbnail but at least LTT is being mild about it. If different kinds of advertising fell into different categories then having a few videos that are clickbaitiy isn't an issue for me but when a channel spams every video title and thumbnail with click baity material it's just annoying.

A few clickbait-like videos on a channel filled with non-clickbait like videos doesn't bother me much, like LTT.

but if we arent vocal about it, what stops em from not going full clickbait? i mean if it works why not use it all the time?

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

after wathing the video i think that the title is just a little bit exadurated. just closeing the backgroud stuff doubbled battery life and then it adds on from there

Atleast this "click bait" doesn't require you to download "trusted" applications.

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if you have a 2nd gen quadcore i7 in your laptop forcing it to 800Mhz does really good as well :D

:/ my laptop was a shitty atom laptop

but yesterday I upgraded to a first gen pentium, soon it'll be an i5 640m. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

but does it though? they said they closed as much as they felt comfotable with. so what did they close, what was each programs impact (eg chrome or steam)

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

Atleast this "click bait" doesn't require you to download "trusted" applications.

but linus is a ´trusted´application :P

Just now, pollepel said:

but if we arent vocal about it, what stops em from not going full clickbait? i mean if it works why not use it all the time?

Then would it not be more effective to tell the people clickbaiting every video they upload to stop? Word spreads fast over the internet. You have to stop it at the source and LTT isn't the source.

Just now, pollepel said:

but does it though? they said they closed as much as they felt comfotable with. so what did they close, what was each programs impact (eg chrome or steam)

they had Slack, Spotify, Skype and a 5 browser tabs open from what i could see. haveing all those open cut the battery life in half.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I got the sarcasm in the title, but maybe its because I've seen enough LTT videos to recognize that it is sarcasm.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

Then would it not be more effective to tell the people clickbaiting every video they upload to stop? Word spreads fast over the internet. You have to stop it at the source and LTT isn't the source.

ltt is boss on their channel, but it depends on the viewers. now i could care less about clickbait fidget spinner yters, since their channels went to the pooper already. but ltt has a chance, a chance to resurrect and become great again.

2 minutes ago, pollepel said:

but linus is a ´trusted´application :P

You can always trust Linus's tips. Tip 1... Pull out...??

Just now, kalnick said:

I got the sarcasm in the title, but maybe its because I've seen enough LTT videos to recognize that it is sarcasm.

i already knew too, ive been subbed for a while now. but thats why it hurts even more. knowing you are lied to when reading the title

4 minutes ago, pollepel said:

but what if he goes too deep? i mean what if people that like buzzfeed sub to the channel, what integrity will remain of what once was an awesome channel with great content

thats why not all of his videos are some horrendous experiment, and why he has lost more subscribers than most channels will ever have. a clever buisiness man isnt afraid of running a loss on one side, if it means turning a greater profit on the other side. you arent forced to watch linus, you arent paying to watch his content (and in some sense, floatplane folks arent *really* as per definition either.), quite simply put if you dont like his videos you just stop watching. there's no harsh feelings.

i used to be a regular teksyndicate viewer, but as i felt that the channel (and the forum community, but that's a different matter) was drifting to a direction i didnt like, i just moved on to other things.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

You can always trust Linus's tips. Tip 1... Pull out...??

xD ikr he must af had good experience with that, seeing as he tied a knot into it so he didnt have to pull out anymore.

Just now, suits said:

I mean they tripled their battery life. Why is it click bait?

they didnt though xD

1 minute ago, suits said:

I mean they tripled their battery life. Why is it click bait?

because people on the internet get really upset really fast.

a bit of a harsh way to put it, but it is what it is.

13 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

He didnt really apologize.. He really just said this is what we have to do for new viewers. Never said he was gonna stop. Plus theres nothing really wrong with it. They are a big company with a 200 thousand dollar camera lol. 

I got warned about it here and I used a word that actually did describe what I was doing it's no big deal but unfortunately youtube is forcing folks to do this in order to stay relevant many of my subscribed channels are doing it just got used to it I guess.

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

4 minutes ago, pollepel said:

i already knew too, ive been subbed for a while now. but thats why it hurts even more. knowing you are lied to when reading the title

Yes, that lie hurts.

I stood up, did 3 easy steps but my battery life have not increased.