Intel Core i9 Processors Might be Incoming

27 minutes ago, lolfail9002 said:

If you don't want to believe, I can't make you. You can enter "Platinum 8180" into SiSoft and see most of the details. The reason the L3 cache needs to be reduced is because it was already too slow in Haswell-EP, which had only 18 cores. To overcome the L3 bottleneck, the L2 cache was increased to reduce the reliance on a single unified cache. Notice how the sum of L2 and L3 is almost exactly the same as the previous L3. The 5960X and other small cores are not proof of anything, as Intel only designs for the largest die and produces other processors by cutting it.

EDIT: It's even on the first page of results. Here.

You should share this info along with your first post over on OCN.  Those guys appreciate stuff like this!

On 13 mai 2017 at 2:46 AM, yian88 said:

I dont care at all really even if they are real they will be workstation/enthusiast grade CPU's.

As long as i cant buy a 100$ core i5 4 core/8 thread without iGPU or a 200$ i7 6core/12thread no iGPU  both OC unlocked, the CPU market is dead for me.

The glory days are long gone when you could buy an AMD Athlon dual-core or intel core 2 duo for <100$, or 1st gen i5 120$, athlon iix4 phenom x4 for ~100$ those where the glory days, game like crazy afordable for anyone.

Nowdays its just rip off 400$ i7 or 150$ dual core i3, meh, 4 core ryzen 1400 200$+? no ty.

I so agree with this.

I still remember my very first true gaming rig that I bought about 9 or 10 years ago. An entire brand new system with a new monitor and 5.1 speakers was around 1200$.

These days however in order to get a system that would perform like that system did, you need to speed close to 2000$.

Just now, Darth Revan said:

I so agree with this.

I still remember my very first true gaming rig that I bought about 9 or 10 years ago. An entire brand new system with a new monitor and 5.1 speakers was around 1200$.

These days however in order to get a system that would perform like that system did, you need to speed close to 2000$.

It's only going to get worse.  Especially in the HEDT market.  :(

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

You should share this info along with your first post over on OCN.  Those guys appreciate stuff like this!

The OCN folks seem more interested in arguing about whether it will reach 5 GHz, into which I have no insight. I just wanted to clear up the cache speculation/confusion that I have seen in several places now. I have nothing further to say, and this will probably be my last post on this matter.

So seven days a go a new member posted this but the thread got deleted becasue everyone was claiming it was BS and he was making it up.   Why aren't those people here now?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

So seven days a go a new member posted this but the thread got deleted becasue everyone was claiming it was BS and he was making it up.   Why aren't those people here now?

I certainly am, was very sceptical at the time. Although it would be very funny if this happens, that OP would lose out anyway if Intel finds out he leaked it. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

28 lanes on the 8 core is stupid 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

2 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

28 lanes on the 8 core is stupid 

The product stack kind of screams to me, "if you're in this market, you're buying the 10 core! You don't get a choice!". Which also probably means it's going to be $1299 or something.

I wonder if the 7640k & 7740k are going to be testably faster than their counter-parts.

While it is up in the air about whether or not there will be an i9 or it will just be i7 again, I guess the only thing that can be said is that the x299 (if they are still using that moniker) platform is coming soon.  I noticed on the EVGA website they are trying to entice people with percentage off on x99 gear with CLC's to move inventory.  I also saw my local microcenter slashed x99 prices in store.  I suppose we will only have to wait a couple more weeks for computex to find out for sure.  

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

If Core i9 does come out, What will be the difference between i9 and Xeon? If I need anything more powerful than a i7-7700k, should you just by a xeon or Ryzen 7?

3 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

If Core i9 does come out, What will be the difference between i9 and Xeon? If I need anything more powerful than a i7-7700k, should you just by a xeon or Ryzen 7?

You need to watch this

regarding Ryzen 7 or any other Intel CPUs, you should start a topic and get the answer there.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Why is a NON HYPERTHREADED quad core on the enthusiast platform. WTF intel.

By the way if they price these anywhere close to where they have been, none of these will make any sense.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 5/14/2017 at 4:27 AM, Mooshi said:

Now consumers can have a sweet chip that cost 2k that Intel will tell them to not overclock. ?

Intel: "Oh you want to voerclock... you should have said so. that'll be $2800 please" 

10 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Why is a NON HYPERTHREADED quad core on the enthusiast platform. WTF intel.

By the way if they price these anywhere close to where they have been, none of these will make any sense.

yeah i just really can't understand what intel is playing at, right now the market is G4650 for super budget. Ryzen for everything else except fanboys (As in today's market the i5 & i7 is Dead) and than 7700k/ i7-x's for those with baller budgets or need the ePenis enlargement (Bragging rights)  

What intel should do, is drop the i name, launch a new gen thats basically the same chips but in competitive prices. 

The big thing I want to know more about is intel announced years ago they wanted to pull out of the consumer market, killing off intel branded motherboards and saying the same as coming for consumer CPU's but it looks like they really want to make a fight out of this.  

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

How is everyone just ignoring the 8 core drop in cache and PCIe lanes?

and if that 12 core is $2000+ GL vs ryzen 16/12 core another chance for AMD to literally cut Intels prices in half

the i9 name sounds stupid although it could be possible. look at amd releasing the A9.

11 minutes ago, juri-han said:

How is everyone just ignoring the 8 core drop in cache and PCIe lanes?

and if that 12 core is $2000+ GL vs ryzen 16/12 core another chance for AMD to literally cut Intels prices in half

This has already been covered. There's indication that Intel increased L2 cache to 1 MB and decreased L3 cache slightly.  That's a good thing. 

As far as AMD vs Intel, it'll be good to see AMD break into the HEDT segment. I doubt we'll see many Intel high end enthusiasts jumping ship anytime soon though. 

6 hours ago, done12many2 said:

As far as AMD vs Intel, it'll be good to see AMD break into the HEDT segment. I doubt we'll see many Intel high end enthusiasts jumping ship anytime soon though.

i wouldn't be to sure of that, the 8 core r7 is on par with the 6900k, now if you can buy a 16c ryzen vs i9 12c for half the price what would be be point of skylake x....... also x399 has some features the x370 doesn't quad channel ram to name one. also if the 16/12 core OC like the rest of the ryzen series i wouldn't doubt we'll see a stable 3.9-4.1 on all 16 cores at once, since they all seem to OC to pretty much the same speed be it 4 core or 8

think its going to come down to price more then anything HEDT or not, also if vega benchmarks are on par in a ryzen but 20% behind the 1080ti on intel they will play a pole in it

Just now, juri-han said:

i wouldn't be to sure of that, the 8 core r7 is on par with the 6900k, now if you can buy a 16c ryzen vs i9 12c for half the price what would be be point of skylake x....... also x399 has some features the x370 doesn't quad channel ram to name one. also if the 16/12 core OC like the rest of the ryzen series i wouldn't doubt we see a stable 3.9-4.1 on all 16 cores at once, since they all seem to OC to pretty much the same speed be it 4 core or 8

think its going to come down to price more then anything HEDT or not 

A great deal of folks who buy Intel Extreme chips do so based on the fact that they can overclock well.  Once overclocked to max clocks on ambient, Ryzen and Haswell-E/Broadwell-E are no longer comparable.  Not to mention Ryzen's lack of PCIe lanes and so on. 

There's a whole other world out there of folks that do nothing but benchmark HEDT systems with multiple (3 or more) GPUs and current Ryzen offerings do not compete in this area.  Sure this may change with the 16c AMD parts with more PCIe lanes as it will be aimed at HEDT, but I don't expect that the Intel Extreme folks will be jumping ship anytime soon.  Even if it does provide cores and more PCIe lanes, there's still the overclocking issue, which will more than likely be less then that of the current R7.

Let me know how many Ryzen R7 parts you see hanging out in this roster when you say that the R7 is "on par" with Intel HEDT.  This is the type of stuff that Intel Extreme guys want.  R7 is great, but it is what it is.  A great performance value.

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.1

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+ultra+preset/version+1.1

13 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

There's a whole other world out there of folks that do nothing but benchmark

I knew about those guys but never imagined it would be a big enough part of the market that could effect anything 

when I think HEDT I think gamer/programmer or maybe someone with to much money trying to compensate lol

On 2017-5-12 at 8:52 PM, RadiatingLight said:

The i9 name seems absolutely retarded. no way.

other than that, we all knew that X299 and Skylake-X was coming. but they will be way more expensive than Ryzen.

I feel that Intel is just gonna decide to cut into their margins a bit instead of basically committing market suicide by trying to shill off 2000 dollar cpus. 

- snip-

17 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The product stack kind of screams to me, "if you're in this market, you're buying the 10 core! You don't get a choice!". Which also probably means it's going to be $1299 or something.

I wonder if the 7640k & 7740k are going to be testably faster than their counter-parts.

nope, its just a normal kaby lake chip with a larger socket

its like sandy bridge e or ivy bridge e quad cores but without the extra features. Kinda pointless 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

11 hours ago, juri-han said:

I knew about those guys but never imagined it would be a big enough part of the market that could effect anything 

when I think HEDT I think gamer/programmer or maybe someone with to much money trying to compensate lol

I've seen guys with multiple 6950X for only benchmarking.

Only 12 cores, go back to the drawing board intel

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

11 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Only 12 cores, go back to the drawing board intel

AMD got a new CPU to showcase vs in their comparisons 

last year it was 1800x $500 vs 6900k $1100

this year 1998x 16 cores $1100 vs 7920x 12 cores at $2200

GG thx Intel 

i think amd really backed intel into a corner with ryzen. Intel can't just slice the prices in half so these cpus are gonna be pretty expensive.