Intel Core i9 Processors Might be Incoming

Why not name it i8 and slap some BMW branding on it too

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

2 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

If i1, then who lost? o.O

;)

Imagine the marketing potential for that to gamers (don't worry about the fact it's not good for them, this is marketing :P)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

So where's that guy who talked about this 1 week ago and none believed it. If this turns out to be true I bet he'll come here with capslock on.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Ever since AMD copied the 3, 5, 7 numbering scheme I thought Intel might respond with something like an i9.

But, I don't think they will just be and ULTRA-EXPENSIVE ULTRA ENTHUSIAST ULTRA CPU!

They will just be the 6 core hyper-threaded cpus priced the same as the current i7s. Or more likely a little more than current i7s.

Intel will most likely just drop the i3 line altogether in order to have bigger numbers than AMD.

i5 quad cores, i7 quad with hyper-threading, and i9 six-core with hyperthreading will be their lineup to compete with the Ryzen lineup.

And then they will still do the stupid i9 E/ET/X enthusiast editions with greater than six cores that will be >$1000.

IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Leadneck said:

Intel will mostly likely just drop the i3 line altogether in order to have bigger numbers than AMD.

proly not. i3 is saving so many gamers if they're on tight budget. Also good for Home and Office use.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

4 minutes ago, kameshss said:

proly not. i3 is saving so many gamers if they're on tight budget. Also good for Home and Office use.

While I agree i3s are useful, I'm just saying I wouldn't put it past Intel to think that having THE MORE BIGGERER NUMBERS than AMD is more useful.

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

Don't forget there still making PENTIUMS now with hyper-threading!!!

great value for the money :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Saw this a couple hours ago pretty sad if true , they cut back on PCIe lanes it's up to 160w and still around $1000 for a 8 core..... the clock speeds looks nice but that's about it

if these are real AMD will crush then with their x399 12 and 16 core chips

Unless someone absolutely needs ten and twelve cores for their work. Who else will pay two thousand plus dollar for a CPU, when an eight cores AMD R7 can be had for less than $400 with decent IPC and clockspeed?

If they're out to smash Ryzen, they probably shouldn't price their CPUs at 2000 fucking dollars. Even the 1800x on launch was only $500.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

Unless someone absolutely needs ten and twelve cores for their work. Who else will pay two thousand plus dollar for a CPU, when an eight cores AMD R7 can be had for less than $400 with decent IPC and clockspeed?

Pff $2000 is nothing skrub. I have 8 Xeons in my PC. I'm gonna buy 10 of these when they come out B| Get on my level peasant

Spoiler

/joke

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

8 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

If they're out to smash Ryzen, they probably shouldn't price their CPUs at 2000 fucking dollars. Even the 1800x on launch was only $500.

Pff $2000 is nothing skrub. I have 8 Xeons in my PC. I'm gonna buy 10 of these when they come out B| Get on my level peasant

Reveal hidden contents

/joke

Yeah, you're right. $2000 a CPU is just a drop in the bucket. When Nvidia launches the next Titan XV, it will be $10,000 a piece. Put four of them in my rig. Yeah, baby......B|

1 minute ago, Deli said:

Yeah, you're right. $2000 a CPU is just a drop in the bucket. When Nvidia launches the next Titan XV, it will be $10,000 a piece. Put four of them in my rig. Yeah, baby......B|

Four? Only four? Still peasant level. I held the Nvidia CEO hostage and demanded he sell me Titan XV early before it's released, and I have 8 in my rig. And they're RGB. Everything I own is RGB.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, N1ghtshade said:

Four? Only four? Still peasant level. I held the Nvidia CEO hostage and demanded he sell me Titan XV early before it's released, and I have 8 in my rig. And they're RGB. Everything I own is RGB.

You rule. :)

8 minutes ago, Deli said:

You rule. :)

Simply doing my job as part of the PCMR B|

Nah, but seriously, Intel has a stick up their ass if they think anyone's gonna pay $2k for a CPU.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Simply doing my job as part of the PCMR B|

you don't know about my PCMR man. I'm running a GT610 with an i3-2100. sick pc.

Just now, kameshss said:

you don't know about my PCMR man. I'm running a GT610 with an i3-2100. sick pc.

My skrub i'm running an i3-2100 and iGPU. 500gb HDD, 4gb RAM, stock heatsink/cooler, and a shitty Optiplex case.

get

on

my

LEVEL

b31c4ced285e73f40c884d009c5a7da6.png

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, N1ghtshade said:

My skrub i'm running an i3-2100 and iGPU. 500gb HDD, 4gb RAM, stock heatsink/cooler, and a shitty Optiplex case.

get

on

my

LEVEL

b31c4ced285e73f40c884d009c5a7da6.png

that's not your primary PC :P

Just now, kameshss said:

that's not your primary PC :P

Yes it is ;) The one I have listed in my signature is a planned build, not one i've already done

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

Yes it is ;) The one I have listed in my signature is a planned build, not one i've already done

Also, my GT610 died yesterday. giving weird artifacts. running on iGPU rn.

Just now, kameshss said:

Also, my GT610 died yesterday. giving weird artifacts. running on iGPU rn.

Peasant please, I've been running iGPU since I got this PC, GPU was DOA.

18342661_10155345145247386_8520394954577699865_n.jpg

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

Peasant please, I've been running iGPU since I got this PC, GPU was DOA.

18342661_10155345145247386_8520394954577699865_n.jpg

welcome to the club. we have same specced PC :D

lets partieeee

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, kameshss said:

welcome to the club. we have same specced PC :D

lets partieeee

giphy.gif

Anyone else wanna join the shitty i3/iGPU club?

Image result for party hard gif

Also @nerdslayer1 take this partying sloth gif as my offering

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540