UPDATE: LAUNCHED OFFICIALLY, REVIEWS ARE OUT. The RX5xx lineup has leaked in its entirety, launching April 18th (Polaris Refresh)

captain cactus
Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Vega should do that in the coming months. The likely reason for the 500 series is that older reviews was making the 400 series look bad compared to the 1060, whereas this will create new hype and new benchmarks around the 500 series (helping in the fight against the 1060).

That does seem like a likely option

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

9 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Review says because its 35w more power consumption to look else where for mitx. We have 700w sfx psus now, i run a 1070 in a ncase m1. The r9 nano consumes 175w of power an is specifically for mitx. 

Unless im crazy 35w of power aint going to noticably raise anyones power bill or be noticably hotter either. 

I run a 9590 + fury x and dont have an issue with the heat. 

I expect more from anandtech. 

As per official reviewer guidelines, power consumption is only a talking point if AMD is worse.  If power consumption is higher for Intel/Nvidia, make sure to emphasize how much better it is than last years Intel/Nvidia model without mentioning AMD at all.  

Also make sure to try and make AMD look like they are losing by using unfair comparisons.  For example, while benchmarking Ryzen CPU's for performance tests use an overclocked i7 pushed to 5.1 GHz to compare performance but in power consumption tests make sure to use a locked i5 or an underclocked processor so Intel appears at the top of the graph.  Fair comparisons, like comparing the power consumption of 6 core AMD CPU's versus 6 core Intel CPU's, are to be avoided at all cost. (Unless we're winning)

Oh and don't get me started on this quote:

"The new RX 500 series cards do look better against NVIDIA’s GeForce cards, but as I’ve previously mentioned in other reviews, in this generation FurMark only seems to be consistent between cards from the same GPU vendor. Cross-vendor comparisons are more accurate under Crysis 3."

Remember kids, the results are only accurate if they fit my preconcieved notions of what they should be!

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

1 hour ago, AceTakerV8 said:

I mean, I have an RX 460, but I do intend on upgrading to Vega when I get a better processor. xD

I'm afraid I am going to have to bill you 0.23724 ¢ for the wear and tear incurred on my mouse wheel and 0.5728 ¢ in labour for all the scrolling you made me do b/c you quoted the entire OP for no reason what-so-ever.

9b6266ce4a9465217515fd0106d7ef6c-1200x90

Limited Edition

@deXxterlab97

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Limited Edition

@deXxterlab97

Image result for rainbow meme

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Image result for rainbow meme

https://chiphell.com/thread-1726226-1-1.html

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Thank you all. I liked to read all these disappointed comments from people waiting for Vega. I know you will be back after Vega launches and you still be as disappointed as now. There is no way anything could live up to this hype. It is going to barely beat 980 and cost just little less. Those how want the best of the best will need to continue being married to nVidia now and forever. Personally I'm looking to replace my almost two year old GTX 960 with a card that does not cost over $300. 

8 minutes ago, Jinchu said:

Those how want the best of the best will need to continue being married to nVidia now and forever. Personally I'm looking to replace my almost two year old GTX 960 with a card that does not cost over $300. 

I want to see what Vega has to offer, specifically small Vega.  But since I currently play at 1080p quite nicely (and mostly limited by my CPU), I'm realistically going to be just getting a nice 1080p ultrawide, or bump up to 1440p, unless Vega makes going 4k a realistic option (both in terms of performance and me being able to afford the more expensive monitor).

Otherwise, a 580 looks pretty appealing, since I can overclock it a bit and either max out 1080p or run nicely at 1440.

Either way, I'm waiting a bit anyways since I've fallen in love with the Inwin 301.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

54 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Limited Edition

@deXxterlab97

Really hate this design. Just reminds me Of an air hocky table with all the holes

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, MoonSpot said:

I'm afraid I am going to have to bill you 0.23724 ¢ for the wear and tear incurred on my mouse wheel and 0.5728 ¢ in labour for all the scrolling you made me do b/c you quoted the entire OP for no reason what-so-ever.

Fixed it for you, does a discount now apply or is it too late since the scrolling has already been done?

42 minutes ago, Jinchu said:

Thank you all. I liked to read all these disappointed comments from people waiting for Vega. I know you will be back after Vega launches and you still be as disappointed as now. There is no way anything could live up to this hype. It is going to barely beat 980 and cost just little less. Those how want the best of the best will need to continue being married to nVidia now and forever. Personally I'm looking to replace my almost two year old GTX 960 with a card that does not cost over $300. 

If we go by that logic AMD Vega would be slower than their current Fury X cards..... Think it's time for you to hand in your AMD hate train ticket for a realism and fact checking ticket.

Will Vega be faster than Titan Xp, probably not but I'd be happy to be wrong.

3 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Limited Edition

@deXxterlab97

I'd really like one of those in the Node202 R7 1700 build I'm not getting.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Fixed it for you, does a discount now apply or is it too late since the scrolling has already been done?

Of course!  Actually a full refund may even be warranted.  AceTakerV8 need only fill out the application and cover the administration fee for the return process and bing, bam, boom. Bobs your uncle.  We here at bureaucraticka Inc are not unreasonable, we live to be served.

Will Vega be faster than Titan Xp, probably not but I'd be happy to be wrong.

To be honest I've my doubts it'll beat the 1080.  Particularly when OC'ing is part of the picture, but we'll see.

If we go by that logic AMD Vega would be slower than their current Fury X cards...

Ok, I may have been too pessimistic about this. I still think many people have way too ambitious expectations about Vega. 

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

Think it's time for you to hand in your AMD hate train ticket for a realism and fact checking ticket.

I do not hate AMD. I am glad that when buying $200-300 cards there is real possibility to choose. If we get lucky, we get something to compete with 1080. Not 1080ti not to mention the Titan. Like you, I would be so happy to be proven wrong. It's just.. I've been disappointed so many times.

7 minutes ago, Jinchu said:

I do not hate AMD. I am glad that when buying $200-300 cards there is real possibility to choose. If we get lucky, we get something to compete with 1080. Not 1080ti not to mention the Titan. Like you, I would be so happy to be proven wrong. It's just.. I've been disappointed so many times.

Also sorry that second part of mine was supposed to be more tongue in cheek than it does reading it again, does sound rather errr... rude.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Also sorry that second part was supposed to be more tongue in cheek than it does reading it again, does sound rather errr... rude.

Tones in written language are hard. Don't worry about it. :)

RX 550 should hit in the next few days, and I'm actually curious about it.  I might have a use for it in a SFF PC I have around, but I'm curious about how the actual specs play out. (Plus the codecs it can process.)  Though that's as a low-profile card, of which there really isn't a lot of options in that market.

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

RX 550 should hit in the next few days, and I'm actually curious about it.  I might have a use for it in a SFF PC I have around, but I'm curious about how the actual specs play out. (Plus the codecs it can process.)  Though that's as a low-profile card, of which there really isn't a lot of options in that market.

from the leaks it seems to use the same hardware acceleration codec as the other 500's (or at least they should do that)

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

33 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

from the leaks it seems to use the same hardware acceleration codec as the other 500's (or at least they should do that)

Well, the official slides point to it, plus it should have the exact same hardware decode/encode engines working.  But, well, I always just like official confirmation, and someone actually putting it in a low-profile card, as well.  It's AMD's low-cost card, and the first official new one in a while from either side, as most have just been rebranded 2-gen back cards.  (See the GT430, 630 and 710; GT 430 is what I was thinking of upgrading.)

AMD seems to be also launching an OEM-only RX540 which uses a Polaris 12 chip - just like RX550.

It has the same 8 CUs and 2/4 GB variants. Its memory bandwidth has been reduced from 112 GB/s to 96 GB/s. However it has higher clock speeds at 1219 vs 1183 MHz (boost clocks).

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/232494/radeon-rx-540-surfaces-on-amds-website

In other news: apparently users have been able to flash an RX580 BIOS onto their RX480 card. This may bypass any power/OC limitations of the RX480. However, you probably won't get the new lower power memory state.

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/232498/rx-480-cards-can-successfully-be-flashed-to-rx-580

Hmm, obligatory 580 Thermi reference incoming...

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

14 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Limited Edition

@deXxterlab97

That looks like a swimming pool showerhead... and people actually like this?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

2 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

That looks like a swimming pool showerhead... and people actually like this?

The stock fans are black, with the limited edition having additional transparent fans, where you can swap them out. The pic shows the swapped out transparent fans. The fans uses contact pads without any wires, but changing them looks to be a pain in the ass, not like XFX version of it.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!