New Star Wars RPG in development

Humbug
2 hours ago, Humbug said:

The new game will take place in the new cannon universe (post Disney take over)

The fact Kyle Katarn has been retconned kills me inside.

Did Kyle appear in Rogue One? Didn't see it, but i know he was retconned.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

29 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Well actually a lot of jedi knight gameplay mechanics could possibly make it in.

But the jedi knight story and timeline itself cannot be incorporated into the new canon.

Just now, Memories4K said:

The fact Kyle Katarn has been retconned kills me inside.

Did Kyle appear in Rogue One? Didn't see it, but i know he was retconned.

^

"If you ain't first, you're last"

My body is ready (it has been for years) o.O

The only annoying thing I can see leading up to this are the internet trolls making mass effect andromeda jokes/comparisons (not surprised one of the first replies to this post is one). People don't know - or care - that Bioware has multiple offices and Austin is the one who did Kotor originally. So this isn't like ME where Edmonton handed off a treasured property to their new studio so they can work on other things.

Let me repeat...my body is ready.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I would love, a ME- Andromeda, or Witcher, or Dragon age type of star wars RPG

And a first person camera :OOOOOOO

Or ya know, skyrim''s mechanics and gameplay but with starwars :P 

This is really, really exciting... as long as Bioware doesn't mess it up.

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

If it's a new one and it's anything like MEA, then pass.

3 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Wasn't it developped by EA?

Developed by Bioware, published by EA.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Hopefully they don't screw up characters like what happened to Quinlan Vos when he was recanonized.

Also I think setting the story during the Mandalorian Wars would be the best time period for the most creative freedom without having to massively rewrite things.

21 hours ago, Sauron said:

They'll need to remember how to make a proper first person shooter before they attempt it

I think you mean FPL (First Person Lightsaber). :D

*EDIT: Before anyone else tries to correct me, I know KotOR 1 & 2 were third person, it was just a joke that I couldn't pass up*

4 hours ago, Jito463 said:

the original KOTOR game as well as Jedi knight had you start out with blasters and basic melee weapons and you had to progress a bit to earn your light saber. Made it feel special...

In KOTOR and bioware tradition they should stick to 3rd person IMO but need a good melee combat system for light saber battles.

11 hours ago, Sauron said:

I just hope EA doesn't ruin it battlefront style

Hey, it's EA what do you expect?

Hmmmmm yes please, I need it. All over my body, right now!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

10 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Well, lightsaber combat was in third person in the newer ones (which was a good choice imo). Either way the series always had quite a bit of fps in it, only jk3 started you off with a lightsaber.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 hours ago, Muchochostatia said:

Hey, it's EA what do you expect?

Not much, but they have released some good stuff in the past - even with greedy dlc the core game could still be good if the studio has the time to work on it

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

18 hours ago, gamerking said:

as long as sony SOE doesn't buy it out the game after launch it will last and be good . and yes i know sony doesn't own SOE anymore , its a joke

Yes but Sony Interactive Entertainment, SIE, is a thing xD.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

A lot of hype but we literally know NOTHING!

What we do know is:

• It will not be in the existing KOTOR realm as that isn't canon, unless BioWare and (*vomits in his mouth) EA can convince Disney otherwise.
  • BioWare's storytelling has deminished a lot in recent years. Yes Mass Effect Andromeda was done by BioWare Montreal but Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect 3 don't have a tremendous story. Most characters of Dragon Age: Inquisition were forgettable (except Iron Bull of course) and don't get me started on the Mass Effect 3 ending.
  • Probably BioWare will attempt to create a large world that will contain a lot of "Filler" quests. Standard cookie cutter "run and fetch" quests that will get boring with repetition. Both DA:I and ME:A have this problem. You can't make a witcher game like CD Project Red can BioWare!

What I hope is that EA won't push the development of this game and that instead of focussing on some kind of new combat system or whatever, they absolutely make sure that the story is amazing this time.

Well if it isn't bloated with micro transactions and the usual EA bs I might actually pick it up, otherwise will continue to never buy an EA game (insert salty ramblings about hating EA).

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

3 hours ago, HarmFull said:

A lot of hype but we literally know NOTHING!

What we do know is:

• It will not be in the existing KOTOR realm as that isn't canon, unless BioWare and (*vomits in his mouth) EA can convince Disney otherwise.
  • BioWare's storytelling has deminished a lot in recent years. Yes Mass Effect Andromeda was done by BioWare Montreal but Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect 3 don't have a tremendous story. Most characters of Dragon Age: Inquisition were forgettable (except Iron Bull of course) and don't get me started on the Mass Effect 3 ending.
  • Probably BioWare will attempt to create a large world that will contain a lot of "Filler" quests. Standard cookie cutter "run and fetch" quests that will get boring with repetition. Both DA:I and ME:A have this problem. You can't make a witcher game like CD Project Red can BioWare!

What I hope is that EA won't push the development of this game and that instead of focussing on some kind of new combat system or whatever, they absolutely make sure that the story is amazing this time.

While mass effect andromeda did have a few fetch quests, there were far more elaborate and entertaining quests than those. And some of the fetch quests I honestly liked as they made me feel like I was making the outpost or whatever they are and planets more habitable and establishing the Milky Way species in the helius cluster more. The only fetch quests I remember just being an absolute grind was finding remnant tech for the museum, plants for hydroponics, plants for brewing, and ship wreckage from the turian ark.