[G2A Response UPDATE] Gearbox Delivers an Ultimatum to G2A for Continued Partnership

TimeOmnivore

After a experience my cousin had,I would never use G2A or would recommended anyone to use G2A ever again.

Basically he was trying to use G2A to buy a gift card and the total price was 50$ but when he was redirected to Verified by Visa page to to pay the total amount the total amount came to be around 2500 HKD to usd which translates to 320$.

43 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

After a experience my cousin had,I would never use G2A or would recommended anyone to use G2A ever again.

Basically he was trying to use G2A to buy a gift card and the total price was 50$ but when he was redirected to Verified by Visa page to to pay the total amount the total amount came to be around 2500 HKD to usd which translates to 320$.

That sounds like a simple glitch to me. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

14 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

That sounds like a simple glitch to me. 

TBH that's what I think happened as well but after all the shady things that has been surrounding G2A that one incident be it a glitch or not was enough to push me away not to even consider G2A even if it literally gives me stuff at 99% off.

15 minutes ago, zMeul said:

1. Why does Jim always look like a dictator from an orwellian nightmare?
  2. Why is Farage on the vid?
  3. Why is there a fly?
  4. Why is Jim so fracking unbearable to listen to.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

On 4/7/2017 at 11:36 PM, Grinners said:

You seem to be suggesting that because Ebay doesn't itemise the cost of protection/fraud that it doesn't exist. You are still paying for this when you make a purchase.

The only difference is that G2A shows the cost that they place on their protection and allows customers to forego this cost if they don't determine it worthwhile.

Without getting into the other areas of G2A, this concept is pretty simple. If you want the protection, pay for it. If you don't, don't pay for it. I like that the decision is left to the consumer.

At the risk of allowing you an easy straw-man with which to respond; I, for one, choose to buy car insurance. I don't need a car salesman bumping the purchase price of my car up 5% for their compulsory car insurance.

Again - I am being very specific here about this concept alone. I am not referring to other potentially 'shady' practices by G2A. Maybe this isn't the right spot to discuss it, as it is really an economic/consumer choice argument. People seem very emotionally invested in the G2A situation, and probably won't see my post for what it is.

You seem to be misinterpreting my statement. Or you don't understand it perhaps?

Of course you are paying for fraud protection with eBay even though it's not itemized. You know what else you're paying for? Their electricity bills. Their employee salaries. Their server costs, etc. Fraud protection is a cost of business and any legitimate business will roll that protection into their margins. Will that make fees and therefore costs slightly higher? Maybe. But it's the moral thing to do regardless.

As per your Insurance argument - I would agree, yes, it's an easy straw-man argument. Furthermore, Car Insurance is MANDATORY in Ontario - and for good reason! I realize it's not mandatory in all regions, but for me, as a driver on the road, I for one am glad that I can reasonably guarantee that every other driver is insured.

In cases where companies are offering "insurance" or guarantees of some kind, at an added cost, those are generally for extended protection length, or to cover things not normally seen as mandatory coverage (eg: accidentally dropping your laptop and breaking it). They do NOT charge extra for fraud protection.

To use your car analogy, it would be like the car dealer charging you 5% extra to guarantee that the car wasn't stolen.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

33 minutes ago, Notional said:
  3. Why is there a fly?

I ask these questions every time I see him. I appreciate what he does, and his "niche", but I find him incredibly annoying to listen to or watch. It's like, cringe level 100. I guess cringe is a niche in and of itself, so there's that. At least TB (when he's not going full-on crusader on someone) is easy to listen to. He has a good "radio voice" and is articulate enough without sounding like a moron. Whether you love or hate TB, he's got a decent amount of skill for being a "personality".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

G2A not responding. Why would anyone be surprised. 

Its the same with Norton Antivirus, some got it at a much lower price, that was meant for other countries. Then Norton region locked it. Don't know how, probably through IP address or something. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I ask these questions every time I see him. I appreciate what he does, and his "niche", but I find him incredibly annoying to listen to or watch. It's like, cringe level 100. I guess cringe is a niche in and of itself, so there's that. At least TB (when he's not going full-on crusader on someone) is easy to listen to. He has a good "radio voice" and is articulate enough without sounding like a moron. Whether you love or hate TB, he's got a decent amount of skill for being a "personality".

To be frank, his patrons and subscribers probably like it and he sounds significantly better than ranty tech channels imho (looking at you Review Tech USA).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

28 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

To be frank, his patrons and subscribers probably like it and he sounds significantly better than ranty tech channels imho (looking at you Review Tech USA).

Used to watch that guy a lot. Then his videos stopped being around tech and a lot more.. Less rational? Hard to put into words. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

I'm not sure if this has already been posted here

G2A accuses Gearbox of 'defamatory statements' and says it won't change its business: http://www.pcgamer.com/g2a-accuses-gearbox-of-defamatory-statements-and-says-it-wont-change-its-business/

G2A.COM & Gearbox Cooperation – Official Statement: https://news.g2a.com/news/g2a-com-gearbox-cooperation-official-statement/

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

And here is a massive case of see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

They will continue to do nothing as long as the money keeps rolling in and they keep all the big wigs and big name youtubers like techsource in their back pockets.

I would even doubt that a boycott of their site and sponsors would get them to see actual sense.

On 2017-4-11 at 10:32 AM, ObscureMammal said:

G2A accuses Gearbox of 'defamatory statements'...

Huehuehue. Maybe G2A should sue them for defamation then. Except they won't. Because they're full of it.

hai

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 7:19 AM, Derangel said:

Wrong. It IS our place to care because supporting G2A means supporting a bunch of shitbags that have DIRECTELY harmed smaller companies and caused more than one to close up shop due to the cost of fighting stolen keys. This isn't a case of getting games cheaper, if you want that just wait for a damn sale or shop around there are far better grey market sites out there that aren't designed around allowing a marketplace for stolen keys. It is also your problem because G2A is running a protection racket that YOU are actively engaging in. You are directly contributing to people that are a real danger to indie developers, studios that are the life blood of the industry these days.

Not my problem. Sucks for them but that's how the business world works, adapt or die.

On 4/10/2017 at 7:32 PM, ObscureMammal said:

I'm not sure if this has already been posted here

G2A accuses Gearbox of 'defamatory statements' and says it won't change its business: http://www.pcgamer.com/g2a-accuses-gearbox-of-defamatory-statements-and-says-it-wont-change-its-business/

G2A.COM & Gearbox Cooperation – Official Statement: https://news.g2a.com/news/g2a-com-gearbox-cooperation-official-statement/

Of course G2A wasn't going to change their ways. But at least now we can point to a case where they passively admit to being shady as fuck.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

46 minutes ago, SeriousDad69 said:

Not my problem. Sucks for them but that's how the business world works, adapt or die.

Is there a reason you felt so compelled to reply to a comment from 15 days ago xD

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Is there a reason you felt so compelled to reply to a comment from 15 days ago xD

shhhh it didn't give an old thread warning, it's fine :P 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

shhhh it didn't give an old thread warning, it's fine :P 

How old does a thread have to be to get that flag anyway?

Just now, imreloadin said:

How old does a thread have to be to get that flag anyway?

idk maybe a month or more

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

21 hours ago, Energycore said:

Of course G2A wasn't going to change their ways. But at least now we can point to a case where they passively admit to being shady as fuck.

I just find it humorous that they chose the words "unwittingly" when claiming their users are not charged extra fees, but they have their "G2A Shield" checkbox checked by default. I also recall it being required in order to receive support on a fraudulent key, but it seems they may have recently amended that to avoid some public shame. Either way, this company is extremely shady, and should be avoided at all costs.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I love this quote from their press statement

The main purpose and function of G2A Shield is to provide buyers with immense convenience and comfort

but then they say

It is of the utmost importance to us that only legally acquired keys appear on G2A.COM. Our marketplace only loses due to fraud, as G2A.COM refunds buyer’s out of our own pocket for keys that stop working, even though we have no legal obligation to do so.

It's incredibly disingenuous to claim that you are replacing keys "out of your own pocket" when you pocket money from people in the first place to cover said costs. Of course you have a legal obligation to do so, the consumer F***ING PAID FOR IT.

38 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I just find it humorous that they chose the words "unwittingly" when claiming their users are not charged extra fees, but they have their "G2A Shield" checkbox checked by default. I also recall it being required in order to receive support on a fraudulent key, but it seems they may have recently amended that to avoid some public shame. Either way, this company is extremely shady, and should be avoided at all costs.

And Kinguin as well I say, even though they haven't publicly been like this. It's safe to assume they do the same. Thankfully I see less and less people recommending Windows 10 out of a shady site. Honestly I think you'd do less damage pirating Windows (you can run 10 deactivated anyway) than buying an ill-gotten key.

I wonder if /r/microsoftsoftwareswap also has these issues.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

And Kinguin as well I say, even though they haven't publicly been like this. It's safe to assume they do the same. Thankfully I see less and less people recommending Windows 10 out of a shady site. Honestly I think you'd do less damage pirating Windows (you can run 10 deactivated anyway) than buying an ill-gotten key.

I wonder if /r/microsoftsoftwareswap also has these issues.

Yes, they do. The issue has exploded so pretty much anyone that sells on G2A is labeled a criminal with fraudulent keys and that includes those of us who have obtained the keys legally like myself. It's sad that people can throw everyone into the same pot.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

On 4/10/2017 at 10:53 AM, Notional said:
  3. Why is there a fly?

he wants to be really edgy, he is one of those people who wants to be different for the sake of being different. the only video i saw was of him bashing zelda breath of the wild, I personally don't agree with most of his views or like his demeanor.