UPDATED AGAIN: New Ryzen prices and clock speeds rumoured: lowest-end 8c/16t for $322, lowest-end 6c/12t for $223

50 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Source in Spanish: https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2017/02/precio-amd-ryzen-r7-1800x-r7-1700x-r7-1700/

Reddit thread: 

That's pretty competitive actually. Also says something about the lower-end 6c and 4c CPUs and their pricing.

I'm exited. Intel's gonna have a rough time at these prices.

Lol.  Intel has huge margins on their x99 and even desktop i7s. This will not be a problem for intel. 

So what do you guys think the cheapest Ryzen will cost?

4 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

a83a89ef70564d2e6f9653e3ee2ab536bf2f2efa

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

19 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

i mean hope so too but since my "8-Core" 8120 gets pretty much embarrased by every newer intel quad im really sceptical until actual benchmarks and review tell me differently

Are you really complaining about the performance of a 5 year old processor compared to a modern one? 

Thats very silly

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Why is everyone saying these prices are competitive? We have absolutely no idea how well Ryzen performs.

These prices might be competitive, they might be absolutely crushing everything Intel has to offer at those prices or they might be overpriced as hell.

11 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Are you really complaining about the performance of a 5 year old processor compared to a modern one? 

Thats very silly

the point going over your head.jpg

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

this is really bugging me just like with bulldozer everybody seems to get hyped over the core count yet im not entirely convinced the single core will be equivalent to a intel core. bulldozer traumatized uder here thinks its gonna repeat itself

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

22 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Thats very silly

all im saying is that we dont know yet how well those cores will perform individually so theres no point in hyping the amount of cores youll get for your bucks.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

6 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

all im saying is that we dont know yet how well those cores will perform individually so theres no point in hyping the amount of cores youll get for your bucks.

You'd think that with all the 8 core phones, and the really low performance consoles all being 8 cores, people would have learned that cores are a terrible indicator of performance. Hell, even when all cores can be utilized they still might just flat out suck (see phones vs desktops).

Correct me if I am wrong but don't nearly all computer parts not convert from Euro-Dollar at the normal conversion rate?

That seems reasonable - IF they also sell 6 core variants.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, DnFx91 said:

holy crap i can have 16 threads for like £450 ? Fuck yeah RYZEN

Im starting to think that RYZEN+VEGA is gonna be an intel killer. Pretty sure it's the route i'm gonna take. Been sitting on this i7 4790s and R9 390 for too long

I agree. Im on Fx-8350 and a r9 290. Im dying to upgrade without draining the wallet and giving up on team RED!

Full hype, Full fanboy, Full whatever.... Im getting RYZEN+VEGA!!!! lol

1 hour ago, cluelessgenius said:

i mean hope so too but since my "8-Core" 8120 gets pretty much embarrased by every newer intel quad im really sceptical until actual benchmarks and review tell me differently

yea, I am waiting for trustworthy bench marks, e.g. ones from linus before I decide whether or not they are any good but it does sound like they are

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

48 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

people would have learned

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL   @LAwLz, you are really living up to your name.  People learn, lol.  From past experiences?  lol   Just absolutely hilarious. 

May I point you to "insert any preorder here".  Maybe you would like some "insert article about graphene or newest battery tech".  The people have no memory or ability to extrapolate based on prior experience.  Good one LAwLz,

It seems too good to be true, but I really, really hope not. I'd love to see Intel actually have to try these days.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

2 hours ago, Ashaira said:

title says one thing article another. so which of you is lying?

Yup, misread a bit there. Fixed now, thanks.

Ye ole' train

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

You'd think that with all the 8 core phones, and the really low performance consoles all being 8 cores, people would have learned that cores are a terrible indicator of performance. Hell, even when all cores can be utilized they still might just flat out suck (see phones vs desktops).

yeah but there are already benchmarks done by amd showing that the 8 core at 3.4ghz is competitive with the 6900k. there could be some cherry picking going on for that test but it should give a ballpark idea of the kind of performance they will have. 

I started panicking when I read the title as "lowest end, 8C/16T, for $389."

Commas can change everything.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

6 hours ago, TOMPPIX said:

1700: 8/16 @ 3.7Ghz (65W) or is that not how it works?

Intel lists the same figures. That's the max TDP of the chip at default clocks. 

Already knew this from the previously leaked Hyderabad shipping manifests (which obviously people would disbelieve, but those haven't been wrong before)

This should also mean that the 6 core is $250-$300

Keep calm and laugh at people who thought it'd be priced like Intel's Extreme editions.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

6 hours ago, leadeater said:

Yea it would be a bit of a dick move, unlock everything but turn around and do something effectively equivalent to non X SKUs. Can't think of any other explanation for 30W TDP difference for only 100Mhz decrease.

Look at what they did with the FX 8370e. Its probably the same thing all over again.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

OH COME ON OP ITS NOT 389 USD it's 415. 389 euro. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Pricing is cool and all but I'm a lot more excited to see that they do in fact have low TDP chips.

Now there's a much higher chance of an AMD build coming. Though, they also need solid mITX motherboards.

And preferably a SFF Vega card. If only the Nano didn't get so destroyed by the 1070.

6 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

TDP =/= power consumption

Not directly, but they are related.

6 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

god that would be so shit. That's AMD pissing away any edge right there. 

Not really, for small form factor builds it's pretty useful, especially if it comes in at a lower price.

6 hours ago, leadeater said:

Yea it would be a bit of a dick move, unlock everything but turn around and do something effectively equivalent to non X SKUs. Can't think of any other explanation for 30W TDP difference for only 100Mhz decrease.

I'm all for it if it means cheaper chips for SFF builds :P

6 hours ago, alamox said:

if these prices are true then it's very good for 8/16, just need performance to follow...come on AMD no screwups plz

As long as people aren't expecting them to completely destroy Intel performance numbers, then it should be fine.

5 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Makes me wonder how an 8/16 @ 3.8ghz with 95w tdp is equal to a 6850k, but a 8/16 @ 4ghz with 95w tdp is equal to a 6900k, hmm.

Yeah the whole comparison charts that are out are pretty stupid.

5 hours ago, DnFx91 said:

Im starting to think that RYZEN+VEGA is gonna be an intel killer. Pretty sure it's the route i'm gonna take. Been sitting on this i7 4790s and R9 390 for too long

What has Vega got to do with it? :P

Don't get too disappointed when they don't quite match up to the Intel offerings.

What made you go with an S chip?

5 hours ago, Darth Revan said:

I'd say $180. Right around the price of a higher level i3.

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Kind of a poor comparison to make, no?

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

yeah but there are already benchmarks done by amd showing that the 8 core at 3.4ghz is competitive with the 6900k. there could be some cherry picking going on for that test but it should give a ballpark idea of the kind of performance they will have. 

I've learned never to trust AMD benchmarks :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Pricing is cool and all but I'm a lot more excited to see that they do in fact have low TDP chips.

Now there's a much higher chance of an AMD build coming. Though, they also need solid mITX motherboards.

And preferably a SFF Vega card. If only the Nano didn't get so destroyed by the 1070.

Not directly, but they are related.

Not really, for small form factor builds it's pretty useful, especially if it comes in at a lower price.

I'm all for it if it means cheaper chips for SFF builds :P

As long as people aren't expecting them to completely destroy Intel performance numbers, then it should be fine.

Yeah the whole comparison charts that are out are pretty stupid.

What has Vega got to do with it? :P

Don't get too disappointed when they don't quite match up to the Intel offerings.

What made you go with an S chip?

I'd say $180. Right around the price of a higher level i3.

Kind of a poor comparison to make, no?

I've learned never to trust AMD benchmarks :P

it would be shit because one of the AMD advantages is not having arbitrary soft walls to overclocking. In the past, you need to OC the  hell out of an  AMD chip to make it competitive. I imagine it's a lot better now, but it would be shitty to make their budget end not competitive just because they felt like limiting it. It doesn't make it any cheaper, in fact if they don't do this, the more expensive chips will be binned better and will still get better results. 

I mean shit ryzen is about to release and intel makes its first overclockable i3. That's no coincidence. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

8 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

it would be shit because one of the AMD advantages is not having arbitrary soft walls to overclocking. In the past, you need to OC the  hell out of an  AMD chip to make it competitive. I imagine it's a lot better now, but it would be shitty to make their budget end not competitive just because they felt like limiting it. It doesn't make it any cheaper, in fact if they don't do this, the more expensive chips will be binned better and will still get better results. 

I mean shit ryzen is about to release and intel makes its first overclockable i3. That's no coincidence. 

yea, Intel has seen that zen is going to be overclockable even down at the low ends, so knows that they will be up against a tough comptetor, cause you can overclock a AMD CPU to be better than some of intels CPUs already (just) so this lot of CPUs which have hyper threading and are all overclockable and are (according to AMD) already similar in performance to intels line up and this could hit intel hard, that being said, I am still expecting them to fuck up, cause they have a track record of that, unfortunately.

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more