First Image of Galaxy S8 [LEAKS]

AG1233
1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

Wish to see it with screen on :P
Ow, and 3.5mm jack too, cool they'll keep it still I guess. Personally, wouldn't mind having Type-C only.

Also it seems they won't be increasing RAM then huh, interesting. Though battery, it will be interesting to see how it hold to compare. Well it's looking to be really great phone so far, specially like the screen-to-body ration they're going for with reduced bezels. 

Galaxy-S8-gold-leak.jpg

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Looks about what I imagined. I hope that the bigger screen model also gets a bump in RAM, but we'll see.

The battery size is a little disappointing, but I kind of get it. They're likely a little nervous about packing a huge pack in there, and the rumored sizing is actually quite compact as well. They had excellent battery life in the Note5 with the same size battery so I don't see it being a huge issue.

I don't think this will satisfy people who have been waiting for the Note. It's not the big screen that we miss. You can get that on any number of excellent devices. It's the pen.

The actual physical size is supposed to be quite small. Would that make any kind of difference?

Except it doesn't look a whole lot like an iPhone, and this is the same design language Samsung has used for the past few years.

To be fair the iPhone 6 Plus is one of the largest phones made that doesn't go into the massive 6.5" territory.

They have horrible use of space on that device.

fify ;)

looks like a iphone

The geek himself.

47 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Galaxy-S8-gold-leak.jpg

Yeah saw that, it's pretty good, though the logo xD

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

7 hours ago, PigWithAMustache said:

I would buy it if it wasnt for the big a$$ screen

7 hours ago, AG1233 said:

Basically this I hope they come out with a variant of like 5.2 or 5 inch of screen.

7 hours ago, PigWithAMustache said:

i totally agree and would totally pounce on the S8 if they had this

You have to consider that theres not really bezels, or at least that's what's been purported. I wish we had a picture with the screen on for reference, but it looks to have an extremely high screen to body ratio so it shouldn't be much bigger than any other currently available flagship.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Well if this is true, if I do decide to upgrade this year, I will more likely be getting the LG G6 from the early info we have now, I kinda hope LG waits until the Snapdragon 830 becomes available since it sounds like Samsung is going to kinda hold that back until they get their phones out.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I would have bought the S8 if I haven't bought the iPhone 7 plus.

DUE TO MANY REQUESTS I HAVE LEFT THIS FORUM FOREVER.

I am so sick and tired of people saying phone X looks like phone Y.

No fucking shit they look the same.

Plain back with a camera at the top.

Bottom has a charging port and speakers.

Top has nothing but a microphone.

The sides has volume and power buttons.

The front is just a screen, bezel and maybe a button.

There, I described 90% of all smartphones released in the last decade. They all look the same if you ignore the differencing things, like how this phone doesn't have any buttons on the front while the iPhone does. Like how this phone has a slightly different shape and completely different material for the back. Like how this phone has the 3.5mm headphone jack.

Yes, if you go "just change X and Y and it looks like phone Z" then you can make any smartphone look like a copy of any other smartphone.

Hell, the iPhone 7 is very similar to the Galaxy S2 if you ignore those kinds of differences.

Wanna know what this phone looks like? It looks like a Galaxy S7 if you make it larger than remove the front button.

The S7 in turn looked like a Galaxy S6.

The Galaxy S6 looked like a Galaxy S5 if you changed the plastic to glass and metal.

The Galaxy S5 looked like a Galaxy S4 if you changed the back from glossy plastic to rubbery plastic.

The Galaxy S4 looked like a Galaxy S3 but slightly less round.

By the way, these are all things I have heard being said. The Galaxy S3 was the only phone I have ever seen which people don't go "it looks like phone X", and that's because everyone agreed the Galaxy S3 looked like ass.

If you can't tell the difference between that massive 6.2" screen with no front button, different ports, different materials and so on, and an iPhone, then you need to get your eyes checked.

It's like saying that Samsung's CEO looks like a copy of Apple's CEO because they both have a nose, two ears, two eyes, a mouth and so on.

13 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

The S8 also comes with a new mode. 

Explosive mode. 

ive heard if you use it that the warrenty is void tho.

This confirms that Apple will make the Iphone 8 like this device aswel. No button and full screen, perhaps even curved. Cant wait.

I prefer Iphone though. Android is just buggy and slow even the S8 coudnt match the older iphones. Its a OS thing.

14 hours ago, DrBell17 said:

Finally, someone on this post who is listening to reason. People seem to forget that by removing the home button and decreasing the bezel size that you can have a smaller over-all device footprint yet larger screen real-estate. :)

Personally I still feel like that might be a bit too big, I think LG might have a better balance with their flagship this year.

It's a 5.7" display but it appears to fit in maybe an average phone with a 5.5" display's foot print.

Idk to me the LG G6 looks more promising but at least they both appear to keep the headphone jack still. Which imo is always a good thing.

11 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

I prefer Iphone though. Android is just buggy and slow even the S8 coudnt match the older iphones. Its a OS thing.

Wtf are talking about Android being buggy?
When did you last use it and on what phone?

Because I've ran Android on 2 different phones for the past 3 years now without issue. (Before that I didn't really have a smartphone, I did have a 3GS for awhile but man is Android so much better).

I tend to run on a cycle of 2 iPhones, 1 android, 2 iPhones, 1 android. Weaseled myself an iPhone 7 Plus this time round, previous being a 6S Plus, so i guess by this time next year it'll be an Android.

The wife's phone contract is due for renewal and she loved her S5 so wondering if its worth holding out until S8 is out. Or look elsewhere.. Something like that new Google handset that's just come out in the UK, or maybe the LG handset @wcreek just mentioned.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Wtf are talking about Android being buggy?
When did you last use it and on what phone?

Because I've ran Android on 2 different phones for the past 3 years now without issue. (Before that I didn't really have a smartphone, I did have a 3GS for awhile but man is Android so much better).

Samsung S4

my GF has a Samsung S6

Samsung(android):

-Slow, even swiping from menu to menu is slower compared to the smooth Iphone.

-Bugs and glitches, yes there are many.

-Cannot install apps or give error code.

-Battery drains faster.

-Gets stuck and need to restart

-Apps dont work like intended

I am saying this as a person who only uses like 10 apps, which are world wide being used. No wierd unkown apps.

with Iphone I never ever had a issue, maybe once or twice a year where I restart the phone and problem is solved.

On the Iphone everything just works as it supose to be.

Yes you can adjust android the way you want....thats my biggest issue with iphone but besides that its just good, it works.

14 hours ago, ATFink said:

Since it's going to be the note 8 it must have an 8 inch screen :P

And of course a bomb inside

3 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

Samsung S4

my GF has a Samsung S6

Samsung(android):

-Battery drains faster.

I am saying this as a person who only uses like 10 apps, which are world wide being used. No wierd unkown apps.

with Iphone I never ever had a issue, maybe once or twice a year where I restart the phone and problem is solved.

On the Iphone everything just works as it supose to be.

Yes you can adjust android the way you want....thats my biggest issue with iphone but besides that its just good, it works.

This is my experience with the S5. It worked great at first, but after 12 months all the ugly issues started appearing. Didn't help that a lot of the built-in Samsung nonsense apps kept conflicting and causing issues.

My guess is that a phone with a PURE Android build on it would fair a lot longer?

4 minutes ago, Akima said:

This is my experience with the S5. It worked great at first, but after 12 months all the ugly issues started appearing. Didn't help that a lot of the built-in Samsung nonsense apps kept conflicting and causing issues.

My guess is that a phone with a PURE Android build on it would fair a lot longer?

I have an S6 and I've for almost 15 months now, it feels just as good in the first few months as it does a little over a year later, I of course tried to get away from Samsung's stuff as much as possible, I mostly use Google's apps and the Google Now Launcher, which honestly the hybrid between Touchwiz and Stock Android that I've kinda made is nice, a little odd but nice. 

Yes, stock/vanilla Android would be the best solution but, still I don't see your problem as I never had it on my Moto G 2014 or my Galaxy S6.

9 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

Samsung S4

my GF has a Samsung S6

Samsung(android):

-Battery drains faster.

I have a Galaxy S6, and again I never had those issues.

Though I will grant there have been a couple times where my S6 drained quickly but that I believe was quick charging from 0% to like 90%, because the following days my SoT went back to normal after not doing quick charge

Never had to restart my S6 for that, and the issues with the apps is it depends on what apps you're using and how good of a job the developer did them. 

10 minutes ago, Akima said:

Or look elsewhere.. Something like that new Google handset that's just come out in the UK, or maybe the LG handset @wcreek just mentioned.

Ah the LG G6? Yeah, I'm considering paying Verizon what left on the contract for my S6 and getting a G6 from LG, or if I can wait until November I can just do that instead but like if I have the money, why not pay off my S6 and buy a G6.

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

The Galaxy S3 was the only phone I have ever seen which people don't go "it looks like phone X", and that's because everyone agreed the Galaxy S3 looked like ass.

I don't remember people saying that original HTC Desire/Sensation/One M7, LG G2 or Galaxy S (ok, I know that was the first one) looked like anything.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I don't remember people saying that original HTC Desire/Sensation/One M7, LG G2 or Galaxy S (ok, I know that was the first one) looked like anything.

That was before this whole "X is copying Apple! No Apple is copying X" nonsense. The phones you listed also had rounded backs, but since phones has gotten thinner those have naturally been phased out (and they were impractical because you could not have your phone on the table while typing).

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I am so sick and tired of people saying phone X looks like phone Y.

No fucking shit they look the same.

Plain back with a camera at the top.

Bottom has a charging port and speakers.

Top has nothing but a microphone.

The sides has volume and power buttons.

The front is just a screen, bezel and maybe a button.

There, I described 90% of all smartphones released in the last decade. They all look the same if you ignore the differencing things, like how this phone doesn't have any buttons on the front while the iPhone does. Like how this phone has a slightly different shape and completely different material for the back. Like how this phone has the 3.5mm headphone jack.

Yes, if you go "just change X and Y and it looks like phone Z" then you can make any smartphone look like a copy of any other smartphone.

Hell, the iPhone 7 is very similar to the Galaxy S2 if you ignore those kinds of differences.

Wanna know what this phone looks like? It looks like a Galaxy S7 if you make it larger than remove the front button.

The S7 in turn looked like a Galaxy S6.

The Galaxy S6 looked like a Galaxy S5 if you changed the plastic to glass and metal.

The Galaxy S5 looked like a Galaxy S4 if you changed the back from glossy plastic to rubbery plastic.

The Galaxy S4 looked like a Galaxy S3 but slightly less round.

By the way, these are all things I have heard being said. The Galaxy S3 was the only phone I have ever seen which people don't go "it looks like phone X", and that's because everyone agreed the Galaxy S3 looked like ass.

If you can't tell the difference between that massive 6.2" screen with no front button, different ports, different materials and so on, and an iPhone, then you need to get your eyes checked.

It's like saying that Samsung's CEO looks like a copy of Apple's CEO because they both have a nose, two ears, two eyes, a mouth and so on.

The people that make these comments are just ansy from waiting for any opportunity to take a slight at the other side. They'll look really foolish once we see the device with the screen on (possibly the one below).

13 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Galaxy-S8-gold-leak.jpg

What's the origin of this photo? I can't trace it besides technobuffalo's article and in TB's article it's just part of a slide show of other prototypes that don't necessarily match Blass's leaked photo because the leaked photo is foggy and you cant discern bezel from screen.

I'm really hoping this isn't the final model, was hoping for thinner chin and forehead.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

I have an S6 and I've for almost 15 months now, it feels just as good in the first few months as it does a little over a year later, I of course tried to get away from Samsung's stuff as much as possible, I mostly use Google's apps and the Google Now Launcher, which honestly the hybrid between Touchwiz and Stock Android that I've kinda made is nice, a little odd but nice. 

Yes, stock/vanilla Android would be the best solution but, still I don't see your problem as I never had it on my Moto G 2014 or my Galaxy S6.

Maybe this is an issue with the older generations? It's been about three years since i was on Android. I had an S5 and my wife had the S4. She's since inherited my S5 after i was given an iPhone at work.

Not sure how handsets are handled in the US, but in the UK the Network generally supplies the device with their own customer Android image.. so along with Samsung's nonsense bloatware, you've also got the cell provider's bloatware too.

1 hour ago, Akima said:

+1

And with Iphone it works smooth even after 2 years.

What do you call a feeling of wanting to believe its sufficiently better than the previous one to be considered as a purchase (not that i am considering aha) but at the same time knowing you dont want it because your past experiences and expectations were drenched with disappointment already? Thats how i am feeling when i heard the term "Samsung Galaxy flagship" right now...

Groomlake Authority

5.8" being the "standard" size is the damn most enraging thing I've seen all week. I've said it before and I'll say it again, fuck this logic that phone makers have and bring standard non-plus phone sizes back down to 5.0-5.2 inches. I don't care if you have to make an "extra extra large" model if you want your 6.2" variant - the 5.1" size of the S6/S7 was perfect for comfortable holding and one-handed use and was one of the things many people liked about it compared to a lot of the competition. Why change that? 

"Rawr XD"