First Image of Galaxy S8 [LEAKS]

AG1233
8 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

5.8" being the "standard" size is the damn most enraging thing I've seen all week. I've said it before and I'll say it again, fuck this logic that phone makers have and bring standard non-plus phone sizes back down to 5.0-5.2 inches. I don't care if you have to make an "extra extra large" model if you want your 6.2" variant - the 5.1" size of the S6/S7 was perfect for comfortable holding and one-handed use and was one of the things many people liked about it compared to a lot of the competition. Why change that? 

I agree with the size.. My Iphone 6s has a screen size of 4.7 inches, and it feels comfortable for me to hold in one of my hands. I don't think I'd ever buy a 6.2 inch, doubt I would feel comfortable using it without two hands. 

How big of thumbs do Samsung engineers have? 

I can barely reach corner to corner on my S6 without re-positioning the phone. I would much rather see this have a ~5" screen, and shrink the overall size of the phone. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

16 hours ago, atrash said:

That's a plausible use case scenario must be very rare

Exercise wrist bands were a huge deal the last few years and I think it's a thing a large amount of customers would use. It's a decent "innovation" that can cut down on the stuff people carry around daily imo. Besides, if you care about how ugly a tiny sensor on a phone is, I think you should just stick to the iphone.

2 hours ago, Akima said:

Maybe this is an issue with the older generations? It's been about three years since i was on Android. I had an S5 and my wife had the S4. She's since inherited my S5 after i was given an iPhone at work.

Maybe idk

2 hours ago, Akima said:

Not sure how handsets are handled in the US, but in the UK the Network generally supplies the device with their own customer Android image.. so along with Samsung's nonsense bloatware, you've also got the cell provider's bloatware too.

Well it depends on your carrier, some are easier to bring an unlocked device to while others are a bit harder or can not take unlocked devices often by the function of their network. My carrier, Verizon doesn't really allow unlocked devices as Verizon uses CDMA and LTE runs on different bands and frequencies than carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile.

The locked devices are often branded to the carrier and often have carrier installed bloat. My S6 from Verizon has the Verizon 4G LTE logo replace the Samsung logo that would be on the back of the S6. If there was Verizon branding on my G6, I wouldn't mind.

So anyways, yes the OS is packaged by the carrier here too, and the carrier does often put in stuff along with Samsung's stuff but the non-useful stuff can often be disabled without issue.

Samsung's bloat has also gotten better.

Also for reference this is the logo that Verizon has replace the Samsung logo under the camera.

Spoiler

verizon-logo-4g-lte.jpg

They've updated their logo, I think I kinda like the old one, but this one on the bottom replaces the Samsung logo on the back of the S7 (The logo under the camera) I believe most of their phones do with the iPhone being an exception.

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2015-09-02_at_2.20.55_pm.0.0

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

17 hours ago, Daring said:

I know someone with heart issues who uses the sensor to keep his heart in check. I think athletes also use it, to keep their heart rate in check and make sure they're not over-exerting themselves.

Sorry no. There is no way in HELL any athlete will use a phone based, finger based heart rate sensor. Absolutely no way. This coming from a collegiate runner. 

Those sensors aren't accurate enough, require that you actually have the phone on you (no athlete I know exercises with their phone, it's a great way to break it.) and they require you to sit still, placing your finger perfectly over this tiny sensor. And the people that DO use their phone during exercise (typical people who run and listen to music) have the phone in a case, which would cover the sensor anyway... You mean to tell me that someone is going to run or lift weights with their phone NOT in a case? Yeah, no. 

Yeah, no way in hell. Maybe the typical person at the gym may use it once or twice, but anyone who really wants to know their heart rate during exercise buys a heart rate monitor or puts their fingers on their freaking wrist. 

6 hours ago, wcreek said:

Wtf are talking about Android being buggy?
When did you last use it and on what phone?

Because I've ran Android on 2 different phones for the past 3 years now without issue. (Before that I didn't really have a smartphone, I did have a 3GS for awhile but man is Android so much better).

i had the g3 and the exoeria and both were meh android isnt as polished as ios

4 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

The people that make these comments are just ansy from waiting for any opportunity to take a slight at the other side. They'll look really foolish once we see the device with the screen on (possibly the one below).

What's the origin of this photo? I can't trace it besides technobuffalo's article and in TB's article it's just part of a slide show of other prototypes that don't necessarily match Blass's leaked photo because the leaked photo is foggy and you cant discern bezel from screen.

I'm really hoping this isn't the final model, was hoping for thinner chin and forehead.

sorry but most phones look the same and its bullshit the pixel and the iphone side by side could be twins......change it up innovate FFS.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

1 minute ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Again, I think Android is fine.

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

Again, I think Android is fine.

have you ever had ios?

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

1 minute ago, jaggysnake57 said:

have you ever had ios?

more extensively iOS 4 to 6 on an iPod Touch 4g and occasional use from iOS 7 to 9 on an iPhone 4s. (my mom and I switched carriers and we both got Galaxy S6's in November of 2015)

iOS is alright in terms of function and smoothness but Android feels just as good, if not better.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

more extensively iOS 4 to 6 on an iPod Touch 4g and occasional use from iOS 7 to 9 on an iPhone 4s. (my mom and I switched carriers and we both got Galaxy S6's in November of 2015)

iOS is alright in terms of function and smoothness but Android feels just as good, if not better.

better,  no but TBF thats my opinion..... it had improved alot the last time i used android but i prefer ios

22 hours ago, AG1233 said:

Some new leaks for Galaxy S8 have surfaced along with probably the first look at the device itself these are the reportedly leaked specs for the device.

I am curious to see how Samsung handles the dock thing.The one thing thats really disappointing if its true is the battery size if it is true considering my s7 edge being 5.5 inches has 3500mah inches of battery life.

The price is also on a little bit more than I was expecting,but the device looks good by the leaks so far.

Whats your thoughts on these leaks?

Sources-

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/1/26/14401246/samsung-galaxy-s-8-phone-photo-rumor-leak

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-6-2-model-745483/

http://venturebeat.com/2017/01/26/this-is-the-samsung-galaxy-s8-launching-march-29/

samsung-galaxy-s8-leak.jpg

that doesn't even resemble a hand grenade, it must be fake... Jokes aside I love the polished look, but it'd need to be nickel or other metal plated as aluminium is terrible at staying shiny when you hold it a lot. 

Yours faithfully

2 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

better,  no but TBF thats my opinion..... it had improved alot the last time i used android but i prefer ios

My one concession is that it would appear the lock screen on iOS comes up more quickly but after that it seems about the same and in my opinion better than iOS. Older versions of Android and especially on crappier hardware isn't fun.

Like a Huawei Ascend 2 which ran Gingerbread, my first Android device that was mine was my Nexus 7 (2012), I don't remember if I used the Huawei extensively. But I do remember that I got a Moto G (2014) for Christmas of that year, 2014. and had it for almost a year. Until I broke it, repaired it but the part I got was kinda bad quality and I accidentally rekt the repair so I got the S6 I have now in November of 2015, and it's served me well since

I had a 3GS on AT&T for a couple months in like 2011 or 2012 but AT&T was too expensive for us.

4 hours ago, Soonercoop21 said:

Exercise wrist bands were a huge deal the last few years and I think it's a thing a large amount of customers would use. It's a decent "innovation" that can cut down on the stuff people carry around daily imo. Besides, if you care about how ugly a tiny sensor on a phone is, I think you should just stick to the iphone.

Or I could continue commenting on how ugly that sensor is and use whatever phone I want to,not just iPhones.. Try and cut down a bit on that salt.

7 minutes ago, atrash said:

Or I could continue commenting on how ugly that sensor is and use whatever phone I want to,not just iPhones.. Try and cut down a bit on that salt.

I was not trying to criticize you by listing the iphone, I was just citing a phone maker that values aesthetics over functionality. When I said 'you' I was implying any average person who cares about how a sensor next to the huge camera bump on their phone looks. I just mean to say I think Samsung cares a bit more about functionality vs aesthetics than Apple. I just personally think that on such a small scale, I would value that functionality over how less "sleek" one tiny sensor might make it.

2 minutes ago, Soonercoop21 said:

I was not trying to criticize you by listing the iphone, I was just citing a phone maker that values aesthtics over functionality. When I said 'you' I was implying any average person who cares about how a sensor next to the huge camera bump on their phone looks. I just mean to say I think Samsung cares a bit more about functionality vs aesthetics than apple.

See, I think it's more or less the same between Samsung and Apple when it comes to aesthetics really. I mean, look at how many colours are available for the Galaxy series phone. And the glass backing too. Some things Apple might do it first before Samsung, or vice versa (iphone 8 might have a glass back I heard)

5 minutes ago, atrash said:

See, I think it's more or less the same between Samsung and Apple when it comes to aesthetics really. I mean, look at how many colours are available for the Galaxy series phone. And the glass backing too. Some things Apple might do it first before Samsung, or vice versa (iphone 8 might have a glass back I heard)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Samsung is the Apple of android phones, so they are about as close as you can get to Apple in that regard. That said, the s8 still has a headphone jack. It probably just has more to do with both of their target audiences being the average user, many of whom would praise this addition just because they like to act like they actually exercise.

4 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

sorry but most phones look the same and its bullshit the pixel and the iphone side by side could be twins......change it up innovate FFS.

You're right about the pixel and iPhone but that was easily done on purpose by google to try and sway iPhone users.

Most phones look alike in the way that they share the same form factor, which they pretty much have to in order to be convenient to the human hand. My original comment was about people blasting the S8 picture for looking too much like an iPhone and in the picture it does because the screen is off, but when the screen is on or you can see the bezel the actual design is about as different as you can get while keeping an acceptable form factor. My comment was also in defense of the phone with what will be the most aesthetically innovative design on the market, so when your saying "innovate FFS" that goes 10 fold for all the rest of the companies, especially apple.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

12 hours ago, wcreek said:

My one concession is that it would appear the lock screen on iOS comes up more quickly but after that it seems about the same and in my opinion better than iOS. Older versions of Android and especially on crappier hardware isn't fun.

Like a Huawei Ascend 2 which ran Gingerbread, my first Android device that was mine was my Nexus 7 (2012), I don't remember if I used the Huawei extensively. But I do remember that I got a Moto G (2014) for Christmas of that year, 2014. and had it for almost a year. Until I broke it, repaired it but the part I got was kinda bad quality and I accidentally rekt the repair so I got the S6 I have now in November of 2015, and it's served me well since

I had a 3GS on AT&T for a couple months in like 2011 or 2012 but AT&T was too expensive for us.

i have had the iphone 4,5 and 6 plus.  i had the g3 and experia z4 i think. normally i upgrade every 2 years and that puts me on the newest iteration of the iphone instead of the s variations but, and this leads into...........

10 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

You're right about the pixel and iPhone but that was easily done on purpose by google to try and sway iPhone users.

Most phones look alike in the way that they share the same form factor, which they pretty much have to in order to be convenient to the human hand. My original comment was about people blasting the S8 picture for looking too much like an iPhone and in the picture it does because the screen is off, but when the screen is on or you can see the bezel the actual design is about as different as you can get while keeping an acceptable form factor. My comment was also in defense of the phone with what will be the most aesthetically innovative design on the market, so when your saying "innovate FFS" that goes 10 fold for all the rest of the companies, especially apple.

apple do innovate, alot uptil the 7. that phone was such a disappointment. my and my other half have iphones and we upgrade together (just the way our contracts ran) but this time round neither of us bothered to upgrade. if the rumors are true then the 8 may change things up a little but we shall see.

as far as phones all looking the same, sony manages to look different, the older htc phones did the g3 was a change too but recently it seams like every one is just copying apple/samsung and they dont seam to be moving forward much

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

i have had the iphone 4,5 and 6 plus.  i had the g3 and experia z4 i think. normally i upgrade every 2 years and that puts me on the newest iteration of the iphone instead of the s variations but, and this leads into...........

apple do innovate, alot uptil the 7. that phone was such a disappointment. my and my other half have iphones and we upgrade together (just the way our contracts ran) but this time round neither of us bothered to upgrade. if the rumors are true then the 8 may change things up a little but we shall see.

as far as phones all looking the same, sony manages to look different, the older htc phones did the g3 was a change too but recently it seams like every one is just copying apple/samsung and they dont seam to be moving forward much

Sony goes closer to a square but manages to look very good and I'd like for sony to dip in to American service providers but as far as I know(not much anymore) the biggies don't offer the good sony phones. Still credit where credit is due, the curved edge screen has got to be the biggest aesthetic innovation that's popped up in a while. I'm still extremely critical of the S8 not knowing how big the bezels will actually be. If the asian marked picture with the screen on is in fact the final build then I won't be pleased at all. The bezel should be extremely small if they've ditched the physical button.

Apple has great overall innovation but as far as aesthetics of the actual phone go, the models don't deviate much, they make subtle differences which are very attractive and pleasing while staying true to the classic design.

As far as companies being more innovative I can't blame them for following trends. I too would like to see bold, risky attempts at innovation, but if it were my company on the line I wouldn't make such a risk without an overwhelming amount of research/critical analysis under my belt.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Why there is no 5.1-5.2" model. 5.8 and 6.2 are too big. Also prices are too damn high. F... you shamesung, Nokia is back!!!

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

3 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

Why there is no 5.1-5.2" model. 5.8 and 6.2 are too big. Also prices are too damn high. F... you shamesung, Nokia is back!!!

It depends on whether or not the phone is genuinely larger.  In theory, Samsung is just expanding amount of space the screen takes up, not the overall size of the phone itself.  That still has issues (what if you have to reach for something near the top of the screen?), but it doesn't mean that the Galaxy S line is suddenly starting at Galaxy Note dimensions.

GS7 master race checking in. This phone is perfect, never upgrading from it.

If they drop touchwiz, then I could see myself buying this, but it is a bit too big at 5.8" and 6.2", I like to keep it between 5" and 5.5". BUT DAMN THEY ARE EXPENSIVE

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

If they drop touchwiz, then I could see myself buying this, but it is a bit too big at 5.8" and 6.2", I like to keep it between 5" and 5.5". BUT DAMN THEY ARE EXPENSIVE

no, it's just you that are cheap