Amazon Prime Air Finally Takes Off!

amazon-prime-air-drones-video-psfk.jpg

The Prime Air delivery took place in Cambridge, England where a limited service test is being run. Apparently only two customers are taking part in the trial right now due to the fact that they live close to Amazon’s fulfilment centre. The trial will eventually be expanded to include more people but testing will be quite limited for a while.

Amazon has released a promotional video showing the first Prime Air customer delivery from start to finish. As shown by the video, an order is placed, then a human Amazon worker will pack up the item. The box is placed on a conveyor belt and picked up by a drone, which then waits until it is outside to take off and fly to the customer’s location using GPS.

Source: http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/amazons-first-prime-air-drone-delivery-has-taken-place/

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Did they have to name a drone strike? Like, for real, Amazon. Why

Wrong picture. Sorry! I had something else on the clipboard ;)

aeNQMwb_700b.jpg

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

1 minute ago, PiGHamM3R said:

Wrong picture. Sorry! I had something else on the clipboard ;)

aeNQMwb_700b.jpg

No package was killed during the delivery

Neat.

【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU | 1070 FE 8GB  // Audio FiiO E10k / AT M50X //

\\ Monitor | LG 29UM69G-B \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

7 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Hopefully it don't cost any more for delivery by drone.

This going for Amazon only because they wana cut on labor costs.

I'm not paying more to have my delivery fucked by bad weather.

If they made this free for Prime and Prime Now users, I'd never have to go the shops ever again.

Ugh. Just more jobs that are in danger.

PC:  Ryzen 5 1600 Gigabyte Gaming AB350 Gaming 3 | 16gb DDR4 2666MHz | Sapphire 5700xt 8gb | 2x Crucial 1TB SSD | EVGA 650w Fully Modular PSU | NZXT H440

33 minutes ago, Garett1 said:

Ugh. Just more jobs that are in danger.

Better raise the minimum wage so companies have even more incentive to automate.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Better raise the minimum wage so companies have even more incentive to automate.

Cant stop automation either way...

3 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Cant stop automation either way...

No, but forcing McDonald's to pay $15/hour isn't going to slow down that process.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

43 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Correction, better enact guaranteed minimum incomes, as there will not be enough work for the number of people in the Country. And since they will have no money, they will not be able to afford what businesses are selling, thus create a cycle of job losses, debt, and a destroyed economy.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

11 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

Correction, better enact guaranteed minimum incomes, as there will not be enough work for the number of people in the Country.

That´s why i am scared of the future of my Country (Germany) right now. We took in 2015 over 1 million refugees and recent numbers show that ~80% will only be able to do unskilled labour if at all, which is a huge problem considering the decreasing number of this jobs.

They have changed their drone design again it seems. I thought they were going to use a drone that could benifit from fixed wing efficiency and vertical take-off and landing ability of a quadcopter to get the best of both worlds. Or is this drone for shorter trips and the combo one for longer trips when they start testing that.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

Posts like this make me cringe.

10 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

Posts like this make me cringe.

Why's that?    Just curious no judgment or anything.  

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Why's that?    Just curious no judgment or anything.  

The idea that people should work slave wages and not even be able to afford to live because of various stupid reasons.

4 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

The idea that people should work slave wages and not even be able to afford to live because of various stupid reasons.

Ah.  Yeah I 100% agree with you on that.  Minimum wage was always intended from the start to be a livable wage.  It hasn't lived up to that in a very long time.  

39 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

I'm sorry, but McDonald's isn't a profession. And even if you want to pretend that it is, a ridiculously high minimum wage will just lead to companies like McDonald's pushing for automation and firing employees. You want a $15 minimum wage? Fine, then half the employees will get fired so the other half can live better. I don't see how thats better at the end of the day.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

22 hours ago, PiGHamM3R said:
Amazon Prime Air Finally Takes Off!

Image result for i see what you did there meme

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

I'm sorry, but McDonald's isn't a profession. And even if you want to pretend that it is, a ridiculously high minimum wage will just lead to companies like McDonald's pushing for automation and firing employees. 

You should really do your research on this stuff before talking about it but no that's not how it works. Higher minimum wage means more people are buying more goods which means higher demand and higher profits. Companies don't really lose money and mass layoffs aren't going to happen from a minimum wage increase.

Also I don't care if you fucking think it's a profession or not, people have to live. It might be easy to hold your position where you stand now but not everyone is as fortunate as you.

10 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

You should really do your research on this stuff before talking about it but no that's not how it works. Higher minimum wage means more people are buying more goods which means higher demand and higher profits. Companies don't really lose money and mass layoffs aren't going to happen from a minimum wage increase.

Also I don't care if you fucking think it's a profession or not, people have to live. It might be easy to hold your position where you stand now but not everyone is as fortunate as you.

McDonald's sales aren't going to double if minimum wage doubles. Quit dreaming.

And you can LIVE off of a McDonald's job. You just won't live a life of luxury, but you can LIVE in an apartment in the suburbs and you can afford to eat. You shouldn't expect more from a job like a McDonald's cashier.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

Bit off topic.

Increasing the minimum wage could just lead to increasing the prices of products. Then less people would want to buy it because of the increased price. Then companies would have to look for ways to save money (reducing number of employees).

Spotify costs less than buying the actual albums/songs because it gives less money per person to the artist.

I think Uber does a similar scenario compared to Taxis, which is why Uber is cheaper, but pays its employees less (not sure about this though)

19 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I'm sorry, but McDonald's isn't a profession. And even if you want to pretend that it is, a ridiculously high minimum wage will just lead to companies like McDonald's pushing for automation and firing employees. You want a $15 minimum wage? Fine, then half the employees will get fired so the other half can live better. I don't see how thats better at the end of the day.

It doesn't have to be for people to deserve a livable wage.  Many people cannot afford college or other training or various circumstances force them to rely on jobs like this to get by whether long term or not.  

Looking just at McDonalds they could afford to pay their workers $15 per hour or even higher and still have insanely high profits.  I know I'd read somewhere that the ceo or someone around that high in McDonalds had once said they couldn't pay their employees more but then we find out that the company bought more thsn corporate jet and I think other bs junk they don't need.  So no they wouldn't have to fire anyone or automate things they could pay that $15 and then some right now.   They COULD pay a livable wage they just CHOOSE not to.  

Other companies are greedy bastards too.  Walmart for example could also pay livable decent wages to employees and give them other reasonable things like health and other benefits and still make enough profits to buy and sell small countries.  Again, like McDonalds they CHOOSE not to.  

Don't mistake corporate greed and inaccurate assumptions for facts.  

Edit: you can look this up but I at least in Wisconsin (I would assume other states too) each Walmart store in operation COSTS the state MILLIONS of dollars every year in secondary costs due to Walmart employees often being on various forms of government assistance.  Walmart even goes to far as to push employees to get on these assistance programs.  Why?  Because they want to be greedy and instead of any dent in their massive profits they want to pass the burden onto taxpayers.  

Edited by Bleedingyamato

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

And you can LIVE off of a McDonald's job. You just won't live a life of luxury, but you can LIVE in an apartment in the suburbs and you can afford to eat. You shouldn't expect more from a job like a McDonald's cashier.

Working a normal 40 hour week no you cannot live off a minimum wage job.

In any part of the United States a minimum wage job leaves a person (even ones working more than 40 hours) well below the officially recognized poverty line.  

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It doesn't have to be for people to deserve a livable wage.  Many people cannot afford college or other training or various circumstances force them to rely on jobs like this to get by whether long term or not.  

Looking just at McDonalds they could afford to pay their workers $15 per hour or even higher and still have insanely high profits.  I know I'd read somewhere that the ceo or someone around that high in McDonalds had once said they couldn't pay their employees more but then we find out that the company bought more thsn corporate jet and I think other bs junk they don't need.  So no they wouldn't have to fire anyone or automate things they could pay that $15 and then some right now.   They COULD pay a livable wage they just CHOOSE not to.  

Other companies are greedy bastards too.  Walmart for example could also pay livable decent wages to employees and give them other reasonable things like health and other benefits and still make enough profits to buy and sell small countries.  Again, like McDonalds they CHOOSE not to.  

Don't mistake corporate greed and inaccurate assumptions for facts.  

And what do you think is a more likely outcome, that CEOs will give up their bonuses or that they'll just make sure elsewhere? 

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Working a normal 40 hour week no you cannot live off a minimum wage job.

In any part of the United States a minimum wage job leaves a person (even ones working more than 40 hours) well below the officially recognized poverty line.  

But you can. You can't raise a family off a single minimum wage job, and you can't live in a big city nor can you afford a giant house, but you can live in a small apartment in the suburbs, you just won't have much in the way of savings or superfluous expenditures. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

That´s why i am scared of the future of my Country (Germany) right now. We took in 2015 over 1 million refugees and recent numbers show that ~80% will only be able to do unskilled labour if at all, which is a huge problem considering the decreasing number of this jobs.

kind of same thing in america we have a job problem and the mexicans arent helping anything