whats the hardest thing a teenager coud explain to someone that doesnt know what it means?

liquidmagma

This is very subjective since different teenagers will have different levels of knowledge on different subjects. 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

the concept of pants and underwear to aliens

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

bras actually make sense once you see them in action, especially during physical activity.  I like boobs as much as the next straight guy and|or lesbian, but I could definitely see how they could get in the way.

magnets.

Or maybe the laws of thermodynamics...mainly because entropy is a rather abstract concept.

Or perhaps you could go for color confinement...that stuff is just plain weird...

How they know what's best and are so smrt and mature for their age, because everyone says so.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This thread makes me hate teenagers even more...

I honestly don't understand the point of this thread. The question doesn't make sense.

"What's the hardest thing a teenager could explain to someone that doesn't know what it means"?

That makes zero sense. There's also no correct answer, if I understand the question correctly. In one corner, Mr. Average Joe 17 year old might be able to explain the basic concept of Linear Algebra to someone who never took math. In the other corner, Genius 13 year old boy might be able to explain nuclear physics to his great-grandmother.

There is no one answer, which is why it's kind of a stupid question.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I guess there's two non important factors in the question.

whats the hardest thing a teenager coud explain to someone that doesnt know what it means?

Teenager doesn't matter - since the hardest subject for everyone in the world, would also be the hardest for teenager.

The same goes with whether they know what it means or not - if it's still hard even though they know what it's means, then it will be harder if they don't.

So a simplified question:

What is the hardest thing to explain?

My answer:

What makes us conscious?

11 minutes ago, PirateFish said:

So a simplified question:

What is the hardest thing to explain?

The point of this thread

Go outside mate

When I was in high school I worked at a local hardware store. One day a ~50YO woman came in and needed help with some plumbing project, I don't remember what she was doing exactly but it required a handful of fittings. I got her all fixed up and explained how everything needed to be fitted together in order to accomplish whatever task it was she wanted. When I was in the middle of explaining, she asked me why they call some fittings "Male" and other fittings "Female" and how to tell them apart.

I was ~16 at the time, I probably stared at her in silence for a good ten seconds trying to decide if she was just trolling me. When I convinced myself that she was serious, I picked up a male and female fitting and screwed them together, and said, "The male fitting fits into the female fitting..."

That was the most embarrassed 50 year old woman I have ever seen. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Millennials born in the mid 90's on up trying to explain politics lmao

• 2 weeks later...

Quantum Mechanics. A branch of physics dedicated to proving that there is no correct answer. :P

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

On 2016-11-29 at 7:48 PM, Real_PhillBert said:

I was ~16 at the time, I probably stared at her in silence for a good ten seconds trying to decide if she was just trolling me. When I convinced myself that she was serious, I picked up a male and female fitting and screwed them together, and said, "The male fitting fits into the female fitting..."

Well there you have the perfect example of someone who isn't in the field. But that's also dumb of you to think that everyone should know this. For example how can you expect someone that has been a Chef to suddenly be an expert in a plumbing project? You can't.

Anyway like most people have said, this thread doesn't make much sense to be honest, and I think that most teenagers are stuck in a labyrinth at that time of their life.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

OP I'm confused on the question man, but if I understand it right, explaining color/sight to a color blind/blind person or sound to a deaf person would be pretty difficult.

On 11/29/2016 at 6:41 AM, Yamoto42 said:

bras actually make sense once you see them in action, especially during physical activity.  I like boobs as much as the next straight guy and|or lesbian, but I could definitely see how they could get in the way.

lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

18 hours ago, RGProductions said:

Does telling Parents that you can't pause an online game count?

Then logout i know thaat raid seems super important but its a game, there will probably be other instances

If its an fps. Oh well get with your freinds another time 

God i have changed in ten years.. Oh well 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

On 11/29/2016 at 10:21 AM, dalekphalm said:

I honestly don't understand the point of this thread. The question doesn't make sense.

"What's the hardest thing a teenager could explain to someone that doesn't know what it means"?

That makes zero sense. There's also no correct answer, if I understand the question correctly. In one corner, Mr. Average Joe 17 year old might be able to explain the basic concept of Linear Algebra to someone who never took math. In the other corner, Genius 13 year old boy might be able to explain nuclear physics to his great-grandmother.

There is no one answer, which is why it's kind of a stupid question.

+1 to this.

Every subject will be difficult to explain if the audience has little to no knowledge of it or anything related to it.

When i have someone who straight up doesn't understand something, lets say computers for instance, i try to put it in terms and relate it to a subject they are likely to be familiar with.  Cars is a common one, and plumbing usually works for explaining internet bandwidth.

So if the teenager is ignorant themselves in those other subjects that will only serve as a hindrance when trying to get their point understood. 

On 12/14/2016 at 3:35 AM, DaBeggad said:

Colors... you cant explain colors to somebody who doesnt know what it is like a colorblind person

I second colors.

You can't explain colors to a blind person without relating them to emotion. 

Most colorblind people still see colors, they just see less of them, like dogs.

Since the title specifically mentions teenagers, I'll go with "dabbing". I'm not that old - 24 to be precise, which means I do qualify as part of Generation Y rather than a Millennial - and I have no clue what it's about / means / whatever. I tried to read something about it on google and gave up. It's just one of the things Millennials / teens do, that I simply do not understand :D

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302