How to fund pc build?

Ben_Kyd

Hey,

I have had this idea of a dream PC of mine for ages now.

This is it: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pMWzkT

I am less than 16 years old and live in England, Kent.

I do have a pc (look at the signature or my profile) it is an all in one pc, so might get about £1000 for it.

But.... The build is more than that.

My parents have already made it clear that they will not fund the build at all.

SO..

How do i get the money, without (preferably) having to compromise on the aesthetics/power of the build i want to make

Thanks,

Ben

Edit: i cannot spell or even english

Main rig: Intel Core i7 7700k GeForce GTX 1880 |

Spoiler

hey, that's pretty good

Sell some stuff? Maybe go to flea markets or thrift shops, buy stuff (like games) for cheap and sell them for a profit? Otherwise, you can try to do little jobs or whatever. Help family members or friends of family with PC problems for like 5 pounds per half hour or whatever (if you have enough knowledge to pull it off)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

14 hours ago, Ben_Kyd said:

-snip-

paper round

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

14 hours ago, Minibois said:

Sell some stuff? Maybe go to flea markets or thrift shops, buy stuff (like games) for cheap and sell them for a profit? Otherwise, you can try to do little jobs or whatever. Help family members or friends of family with PC problems for like 5 pounds per half hour or whatever (if you have enough knowledge to pull it off)

Thanks,

I don't really have anything to sell.

I don't have any friends - the ones i have are super teckie.

I could help m parents around and stuff though.

14 hours ago, Matt_98 said:

paper round

I live in the middle of nowhere. and i don't really think that's a thing anymore. 

Spoiler

hey, that's pretty good

Just now, Ben_Kyd said:

I live in the middle of nowhere. and i don't really think that's a thing anymore. 

i know a freind who does avon but that might not work in a rural area

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

14 hours ago, Ben_Kyd said:

-snip-

Well Jokinglyy I'd sat become a drug currier but seriously, funding a PC needs either a steady stream of income (job) or saving up pocket money and Christmas and birthday monies, so have fun with that. 

Yours faithfully

save birthday money and christmas money, every time your parents offer you something extra (an icecream, something from the shops etc) say "no thank you but i would like the money you where going to spend on it". you would be amazed at how quickly that all can add up. but some parents are not going to like that strategy :P

9 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Well Jokinglyy I'd sat become a drug currier but seriously, funding a PC needs either a steady stream of income (job) or saving up pocket money and Christmas and birthday monies, so have fun with that. 

I know,every thread i start with that link someone says that. the reasons:

a) it looks good

b) i'm going to get a 6600k or 6700k when i can afford it

Spoiler

hey, that's pretty good

Get a much cheaper motherboard, you cant oc that 6500 so you don't need a z170 motherboard, get rid of the ssd.  Get a single 8gb stick of ram and then get a second stick later. Also get a cheaper case

2 minutes ago, tlink said:

save birthday money and christmas money, every time your parents offer you something extra (an icecream, something from the shops etc) say "no thank you but i would like the money you where going to spend on it". you would be amazed at how quickly that all can add up. but some parents are not going to like that strategy :P

ok, i'll try, not sure they will like it though - worth a shot

Spoiler

hey, that's pretty good

1 minute ago, Ben_Kyd said:

I know,every thread i start with that link someone says that. the reasons:

a) it looks good

b) i'm going to get a 6600k or 6700k when i can afford it

Just get the Pentium G4400 and then buy the i5 when you saved up enough, 

Yours faithfully

3 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Get a much cheaper motherboard, you cant oc that 6500 so you don't need a z170 motherboard, get rid of the ssd.  Get a single 8gb stick of ram and then get a second stick later. Also get a cheaper case

as i said, compromising the looks/power of the build is last resort - i have a compromised version for £900 ready if it comes to to.

Spoiler

hey, that's pretty good

I highly doubt you will be able to get a grand for that PC. The solution really is getting a job, asking for money for your birthday etc. There are very few "shortcuts" to money.

2 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Just get the Pentium G4400 and then buy the i5 when you saved up enough, 

LGA1151? and specs, how dose it compare and what is it's gaming performance, but as i said compromising looks/power of the build is last resort

Spoiler

hey, that's pretty good

plan to buy parts cheap ebay etc. also when gauging a new build I always spec my build on last years mobo  chipset reading all reviews concerning mobo . its useful in the sense that you can find the good from the bad. while on gfx side I go for the latest best. this is where the money goes mainly.

rig wise

mobo + cpu +OS ssd + storage HDD last year cheaper

gfx new exspensive

ps young and healthy kidneys fetch a good price on the blackmarket . tell your parents you are considering this and they mite change there minds

22 minutes ago, Ben_Kyd said:

LGA1151? and specs, how dose it compare and what is it's gaming performance, but as i said compromising looks/power of the build is last resort

Well it's the dual core basic skylake Pentium processor, it isn't bad in games, but the i5 6600k isn't too expensive so it only should take a few months to save up for it. It doesn't make much sense to buy a non K i5 then move to a K i5, maybe go with the i5 then move to a K i7, otherwise it's kinda a waste of money. 

Yours faithfully

Well tough luck chap.

I would really like a fancy sports car as well - but I'm lacking about 100k of annual income for that. I think you are relatively speaking in the same position.

You simply cannot afford a computer like that with the income you have. Work, work and work some more until you have the money for the toys you want.

Or be creative -> try to find the best deals for used parts and maybe you can get what you want for the 1k that you might have.

i've been working on farms and stuff since i was 12, so even if you live in rural areas, you can absolutely get a job. even when you're 14.

just go to farms, ask them if you can help out in the weekends and after school, and boom! money in the bank.

the problem isn't getting work these days. the problem is that people no longer want to work.

1000 pounds is a bit ridiculous if you dont have a steady stream of income. Start with a cheaper build and move it up. Like mine, I compromised and spent like $900 I think but Im upgrading my motherboard and CPU in a year ish and getting 16GB of RAM as Im going to put the mobo and CPU in my brothers PC

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

If you have the money before black friday, then look out for deals on different sites. The big Newegg deals start the 21st, I believe

1 minute ago, Eclipse_ said:

If you have the money before black friday, then look out for deals on different sites. The big Newegg deals start the 21st, I believe

By time imports are included those black friday deals become more expensive, amazon uk would probably be a better bet

Yours faithfully

1) an i5-6500 comes with its own cooler, you don't have to buy the Hyper 212 EVO at the moment.

2) an SSD is nice to have, but not necessary. Just save up and buy it when you can.

3) get an h110 motherboard for now, as they are very cheap, or a cheap b150. When upgrading to a 6600k/6700k sell it and the CPU, and buy a z170 motherboard. 

Now you have a computer roughly at 1k, sometimes high 900s.

18 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

By time imports are included those black friday deals become more expensive, amazon uk would probably be a better bet

Yea I was just using an example. I live in the US, so I don't know all the extra expenses and stuff for UK shipping.

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

i've been working on farms and stuff since i was 12, so even if you live in rural areas, you can absolutely get a job. even when you're 14.

just go to farms, ask them if you can help out in the weekends and after school, and boom! money in the bank.

the problem isn't getting work these days. the problem is that people no longer want to work.

I tried that for my local farms, apparently i cannot legally work for them until i'm 16

Spoiler

hey, that's pretty good