How to fund pc build?

Ben_Kyd

You may have a dream PC, but if you have some great components already (i7, 2TB drive, motherboard, 16 GB RAM), why not sell a couple pieces and get the new stuff?

I'm telling you right now, it won't be easy to sell that rig for $1000 (pounds). Mine is slightly worse (basically just an i5 but a better card) and the highest offer I've gotten was about $700 (like 550 pounds).

6 hours ago, wcreek said:

Well age can be pretty prohibitive. I've wanted to build a PC since I was 14, I'm nearly 17 and I just got the first part for my PC build today (ordered it on the 23rd) and it won't be awhile (like 2-3 months) until I can afford more parts.

This is true. That's completely fine if you save for each part and buy when you can , I believe working and earning things yourself is far more rewarding than being handed what you want,  and more appreciative. 

try to find a way to get money and buy parts as you go

15 minutes ago, Viking Kong said:

This is true. That's completely fine if you save for each part and buy when you can , I believe working and earning things yourself is far more rewarding than being handed what you want,  and more appreciative. 

Yeah, I know it makes more sense to buy everything at once. However I feel like it'd be too tempting to buy something else than the PC part(s) so that's why I bought my H440 now rather than waiting until I had the money for the rest of the computer.

I could've used that $117 for food and crap that I don't really need that the money spent on it could be more wisely invested/spent into a PC part. (By food I'm not talking about like groceries, but rather eating out and the likes) a few trips to Chipotle, McDonald's, BK, etc. can quickly reach $120 or really any amount to be frank.

I agree though, I knew back when I played with the idea of building a PC that it was going to be something I was going to have to pay for by myself or mostly by myself.

The H440 I bought was paid for by a mere 16 hours of work at $10/hr from my previous job. (That was nearly nothing from previous pay periods which were 14 days apart, the most I had in one pay period was 41 hours though that was at $9/hr)
Though I make 25 cents less at my new job, at $9.75/hr, the work is better. I went from being a Grill Cook at McDonald's to being a cashier at a grocery store. In the grand scheme of things though, the whole PC will cost me hundreds of hours of time that I could be using do to pretty much anything else but I think it's valuable to have a job while in high school. Considering it'll be only a short while before you're on your own paying for all the bills.

Though I feel like that's besides the point, I understand that troubles OP is facing because I was sort of in that position. Though I guess the difference was I didn't expect my mom to fork out x amount of monies/currency for something I wanted which wasn't related to a need/necessity because I could've stuck with my Xbox 360 and have been just fine because I would be gifted a years' subscription to XBL. I only have a PS4 because there was this thing Best Buy was doing where we got $500 between 2 $250 gift cards for activating two new phones at Best Buy. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization