Nintendo Switch may sell at $245 US based on Toys"R"Us leak

GoodBytes
1 hour ago, apm said:

wasnt every nintendo console worse power-wise than the competition?

they always did their own thing and somehow succeeded..

Not really, it has only been that way for the wiis and actually, when the wii U launched it was the most powerful console available for a brief time).

Before that they were fairly competitive performance wise, at times being on top of the food chain as well.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

$329 CAD is not bad at all. Just might have to pick one of these up. :) Will wait for some solid reviews first though.

And lol@ the people trolling the customer reviews. xD

" Fantastic console, overall must buy for any sony xbox fan "

" It has some fabulous features but overall it has rat hair. "

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

8 hours ago, Jeremy806 said:

If the switch sold at this price point, the entire world would spaz for it. I definitely would, this seems innovative AND NOT TOO EXPENSIVE?!?!?!!? gettin it fast.

my problem with this is they cant sell this That low without loosing money which i believe that said thats not the plan & if it really is this price its probably Shit Specs all around and wont get 3rd party support  id rather this be 350-399 and be kickass something worth getting then just 250 and it only plays mario 

I mean, thats most likely just a place holder so I'll hold onto by horses for now.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Not really, it has only been that way for the wiis and actually, when the wii U launched it was the most powerful console available for a brief time).

Before that they were fairly competitive performance wise, at times being on top of the food chain as well.

The SNES was a monster compared to everything else.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

8 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

i highly doubt Nintendo will start selling a console at a loss. They usually like to make money on them, but it looks like now they'll sale it at cost (at least for the first year, then hardware will drop in price, as usual, and gain profit, similarly to the WiiU). Nvidia must be selling their chip for little. The company seems to be desperate to get their Tergra chip in consumer hands, and expand beyond graphics card. I mean we see this already with Tegra chip models being focused for cars, and Nvidia pretty much going "See See Seee! This interface is nice, fast , responsive, and smooth... you too can have this instead of the choppy, slow, non-responsive mess that consumers use everyday". But aside from the partnered car manufactures (mostly Audi), so far, I haven't see other car manufacture join in.

Personally, I hope it includes Nvidia strength in proving engineers at big AAA companies working there optimizing their shaders to get the best performance out of the Nintendo Shield, resulting in a console that will feel like it has greater performance than what it actually has. But of course, we don't know. If Nintendo is able to get Skyrim HD remake on it, and have it release with the console or shortly after, it will be a system seller title for the console, especially for that price. Skyrim is such a popular game, that people would buy it again, no problem, to have a portable version. It would also be THE title that shows gamers that this console is a serious console, and can run AAA games. The boost in sales in that demographic, would definitely bring third party support, and actually be serious about it, and not do quick ports.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II ring a bell?

I hope Nintendo pulls a home run with the Switch, honestly.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

9 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

The SNES was a monster compared to everything else.

The SNES had good hardware, but it had a fucking amazing sound chip which output sound at 32000Hz, and could pull off a ton of unique ass effects. Back in 1990, that was fucking amazing, and most soundtracks hold up amazingly well today.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Obviously they succeeded, the Vita's library was awful. Sony really disappointed us.

They drop the ball for the western audience. But oh boy, for a JRPG handheld? It's way better than 3ds. And it's region free.

6 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Heard the 3DS is getting a big price drop on Black Friday.

$100 for the 3ds

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

$100 for the 3ds

Makes me cry for buying it in august.

10 minutes ago, raphidy said:

They drop the ball for the western audience. But oh boy, for a JRPG handheld? It's way better than 3ds. And it's region free.

Power and screen wise it's awesome, but if you don't play JRPGs and you are expecting a library similar to the PSP with games like Dexter and Syphon Filter (as underrated as it is) you will be disappoint.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

6 minutes ago, raphidy said:

way better than the 3ds? hardly imo, all atlus and nipon icchi stuff are on the 3ds, also: dragon quest.

Only good jrpg on the Vita so far are PSOne games, currently replaying Suikoden, FF Origins and Chrono Trigger, all great games but new stuff that is Vita exclusive, meh at best

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, apm said:

wasnt every nintendo console worse power-wise than the competition?

they always did their own thing and somehow succeeded..

Power doesn't really matter as much as how that power is used by developers. The Wii and Wii U are relatively weak consoles compared to their competition, but they never had any problems running first-party Nintendo games at the framerates and resolutions expected at the time. Most of Nintendo's own Wii U games are 60 FPS at native 1080p, and I think most Wii games were 60 FPS at 720p.

For what it's worth, not every Nintendo console has been underpowered compared to the competition. The Gamecube, for one, is usually considered more powerful than the PS2.

7 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

-snip-

I pre-ordered Pokémon Moon and im still using my old 3DS XL for the Pokémon X i currently have. I suppose that for Pokémon players mostly, theres no reason to upgrade until the next generation of 3DS sucessor actually kicks in, since the Switch isnt supposed to be that console anyways, they said.

Groomlake Authority

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

I pre-ordered Pokémon Moon and im still using my old 3DS XL for the Pokémon X i currently have. I suppose that for Pokémon players mostly, theres no reason to upgrade until the next generation of 3DS sucessor actually kicks in, since the Switch isnt supposed to be that console anyways, they said.

i too play pokemon, still wanted the new one for Xenoblade and the better performance you get when playing Hyrule warriors

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Battery might be crap but I'll just get a 10 bucks 10,000 mAh battery pack.

I am wait more impatient to hear about its features as a tablet: get me Chrome and Android apps in there and this will become my main tablet.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 hours ago, Sauron said:

I hope it's true, it would make sense since this is looking more and more like a 3ds replacement than anything else. I think it's a smart move, nintendo realized that competing in power with pcs is a losing battle and doesn't fit their business model.

I hope not, this doesn't look like a slip in your pocket device. Admittedly the 3DS XL requires big pockets, but the clamshell protects the screens and it's modest specs give pretty good battery life. Unless after a year or two they make a compact Switch to replace the 3DS?

1 minute ago, Monkey Dust said:

I hope not, this doesn't look like a slip in your pocket device. Admittedly the 3DS XL requires big pockets, but the clamshell protects the screens and it's modest specs give pretty good battery life. Unless after a year or two they make a compact Switch to replace the 3DS?

To be honest I have never actually carried my old ds lite in my pocket. I always had some sort of bag or backpack I could carry it in. If you're traveling by car (which is where you're most likely to actually use a handheld console) you can just leave it there.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

11 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Xenoblade can wait

*Pikachu you mean? :D 

Camera nipples...hue hue hue 

That price would put me in a tough spot, Vega or switch...ermmmmm...damn, do I support my favourite console manufacturer or my '"preferred" PC hardware manufacturer? Yes, I'm a Nintendo fanboy and is biased towards AMD...don't judge...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

@GoodBytes

UK price leaked: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/systems/the_nintendo_switch_will_reportedly_cost_199_and_249/1

Might want to update post for that as well.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I wouldn't really hold my breath until Nintendo formally announces everything.

Also Nintendo has only been the most powerful console in a generation once: the Nintendo 64 was the most powerful console during the 5th generation. The NES was beat by the Master System. The SNES was beaten by the Neo Geo (it technically counts). And the Xbox beat the GameCube.

Well, we could say two generations, but the GameBoy advance was really the only handheld during that time.

sure $250 is pretty low BUT IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN GET IN USE PC PARTS, ITS LIKE A 970 AND AN I5 2500K, WITH A DECENT BOARD AND COOLER :P i will not join the console pessants probably seeing as games are expensive AF usiually, that was the case with my Wii U and thats the reason it is and has been in the closent for 90% of the time i have owned it lol everything was like $60 +

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sure $250 is pretty low BUT IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN GET IN USE PC PARTS, ITS LIKE A 970 AND AN I5 2500K, WITH A DECENT BOARD AND COOLER :P i will not join the console pessants probably seeing as games are expensive AF usiually, that was the case with my Wii U and thats the reason it is and has been in the closent for 90% of the time i have owned it lol everything was like $60 +

Can you show me where I can buy this illusive $250 gaming PC with said parts?