Nintendo Switch may sell at $245 US based on Toys"R"Us leak

GoodBytes

Toys"R"Us Canada leaked a product page of the Nintendo Switch which contains the price in Canadian of $329.

This price translate to $245 US. Speculation aimed at a 250-300$ US for the console. If true, this is bellow all speculations. Nintendo might be very aggressive with the price. This could also confirm the not so great battery life on go (so if you take a plane.. better get a battery pack for it), and perhaps 4GB of RAM (which should be OK for 1080p/720p gaming. Texture compression should not be too bad, considering that the XBox One has 5GB for games, and PS4 has 5.5GB of RAM with the latest firmware update. The Nvidia Shield TV  had only 3GB of RAM. Of course, the 4GB RAM is just a rumor.

1477539911_screen_shot_2016-10-26_at_8.4

The page is still up, and has an "e-mail me when available" button.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=115713676

Nintendo said to reveal more detail, including pricing, on a January 12, 2017 event.

The console is set to be released in March 2017, making a console that the manufacture announced and release soon (unlike the WiiU, which took well over 1 year to be released form first announcement, making the console even more outdated for the price at release).

Source:  https://www.neowin.net/news/toysrus-reveals-the-price-of-the-nintendo-switch

Assuming the console is $245, would be interested in it, even though it has, say 3-4h of AAA title gaming max, and 4GB of RAM, but does have third party support?

Do you think it is a great price?

I'm really surprised if it's that low. I was fully expecting $300+ (but probably $350+). At $250, I might have to rethink my plans to try and get a 3DS. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If the switch sold at this price point, the entire world would spaz for it. I definitely would, this seems innovative AND NOT TOO EXPENSIVE?!?!?!!? gettin it fast.

I kinda want it to be $300+ because that would mean better hardware, hopefully. Or maybe there will be multiple versions with a better battery but probably not.

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

just a thought, they list the upc code and its not hard to get that turned into an actual upc image. maybe try scanning it at self check out any time you're grocery shopping? maybe catch an early leak. 

There are good things to take and some concerning things to take from this.

I did hope Nintendo would sell this at a loss and rely on games to make their money, which if there is an ample amount of third party and first party titles, it shouldn't be a problem. However, I didn't expect it'd be this cheap, so this does concern me in its performance, but I'll wait and see. It's already earned my attention from the day it was announced, and I do feel it's something to be thinking about.

Oh dear, there's are "reviews" on it already. Oh boy.

8 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

There are good things to take and some concerning things to take from this.

I did hope Nintendo would sell this at a loss and rely on games to make their money, which if there is an ample amount of third party and first party titles, it shouldn't be a problem. However, I didn't expect it'd be this cheap, so this does concern me in its performance, but I'll wait and see. It's already earned my attention from the day it was announced, and I do feel it's something to be thinking about.

Oh dear, there's are "reviews" on it already. Oh boy.

i highly doubt Nintendo will start selling a console at a loss. They usually like to make money on them, but it looks like now they'll sale it at cost (at least for the first year, then hardware will drop in price, as usual, and gain profit, similarly to the WiiU). Nvidia must be selling their chip for little. The company seems to be desperate to get their Tergra chip in consumer hands, and expand beyond graphics card. I mean we see this already with Tegra chip models being focused for cars, and Nvidia pretty much going "See See Seee! This interface is nice, fast , responsive, and smooth... you too can have this instead of the choppy, slow, non-responsive mess that consumers use everyday". But aside from the partnered car manufactures (mostly Audi), so far, I haven't see other car manufacture join in.

Personally, I hope it includes Nvidia strength in proving engineers at big AAA companies working there optimizing their shaders to get the best performance out of the Nintendo Shield, resulting in a console that will feel like it has greater performance than what it actually has. But of course, we don't know. If Nintendo is able to get Skyrim HD remake on it, and have it release with the console or shortly after, it will be a system seller title for the console, especially for that price. Skyrim is such a popular game, that people would buy it again, no problem, to have a portable version. It would also be THE title that shows gamers that this console is a serious console, and can run AAA games. The boost in sales in that demographic, would definitely bring third party support, and actually be serious about it, and not do quick ports.

dis gonna be gud.

if thats the real price and they have good games at launch, they are gonna sell millions.

zelda alone will be so worth it.

Nintendo has never released a home console that's not in increments of $50 USD, I highly doubt this is the correct price. 

I'd speculate it's in the same tier as the Wii U at $300 USD, and wouldn't surprise to see it at $350 given how much it offers just out of the box.

Spoiler

good news , finally something  I would be willing to buy

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Awesome. Lower than i'm willing to pay honestly. I'll be getting one. :D

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Okay, Switch first, new 3DS second

I can live with my old 3DS XL for an extra year or two, Xenoblade can wait

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, Rune said:

That's....pretty good. We might actually sell some of these.

The whole taking the controller parts on and off whenever you want to switch still bothers me in terms of added wear and tear but if this thing has support from third parties I'll be super excited.  ?

I feel a bit sad and annoyed when I consider the money I spent on a Wii U and have very few games for it compared to my other consoles or PC.  

20 minutes ago, haloharry97 said:

xD i says it is  329.99 on there website now.

329 CAD, not USD

Anyway, I have trouble believing that retailers knows the price yet, why should they already have it, when Nintendo haven't announced anything for the public yet?

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I like how people on that Toys 'r Us page are already reviewing it, even though it's not out and won't be out for months. Especially that cherrybungamer, who's "reviewing" it very matter-of-factly.

I can tell the difference between months and years I swear.

@GoodBytes might want to change "Siwtch" into "Switch in your title.;):ph34r:

the price seems interesting, not to high, not to low, Im really curious about this now.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I'm really surprised if it's that low. I was fully expecting $300+ (but probably $350+). At $250, I might have to rethink my plans to try and get a 3DS. 

Heard the 3DS is getting a big price drop on Black Friday.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I hope it's true, it would make sense since this is looking more and more like a 3ds replacement than anything else. I think it's a smart move, nintendo realized that competing in power with pcs is a losing battle and doesn't fit their business model.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

50 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I hope it's true, it would make sense since this is looking more and more like a 3ds replacement than anything else. I think it's a smart move, nintendo realized that competing in power with pcs is a losing battle and doesn't fit their business model.

wasnt every nintendo console worse power-wise than the competition?

they always did their own thing and somehow succeeded..

4 minutes ago, apm said:

wasnt every nintendo console worse power-wise than the competition?

they always did their own thing and somehow succeeded..

Obviously they succeeded, the Vita's library was awful. Sony really disappointed us.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide