Nintendo Switch may sell at $245 US based on Toys"R"Us leak

GoodBytes
1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sure $250 is pretty low BUT IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN GET IN USE PC PARTS, ITS LIKE A 970 AND AN I5 2500K, WITH A DECENT BOARD AND COOLER :P i will not join the console pessants probably seeing as games are expensive AF usiually, that was the case with my Wii U and thats the reason it is and has been in the closent for 90% of the time i have owned it lol everything was like $60 +

Buy used. It's cartridge based after all, no need worry much about things like scratches.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Can you show me where I can buy this illusive $250 gaming PC with said parts?

Sweclockers forum and about a month of hunting :) didnt include PSU, case or storage tho but thats another $60 or so

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

Buy used. It's cartridge based after all, no need worry much about things like scratches.

yah cartriges will probably affordable on the used market and the console too after a while lol BUT PC PARTS!!! :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sure $250 is pretty low BUT IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN GET IN USE PC PARTS, ITS LIKE A 970 AND AN I5 2500K, WITH A DECENT BOARD AND COOLER :P i will not join the console pessants probably seeing as games are expensive AF usiually, that was the case with my Wii U and thats the reason it is and has been in the closent for 90% of the time i have owned it lol everything was like $60 +

Put that PC into your pocket and play new Zelda or Pokemon on the bus. Then we can talk.

For $300 I was on the fence cause I don't really need a switch but for $250 I'll probably take one. $50 may not seem like much at first but it's a ~17% discount from the $300 speculated price. That sizable. And if I can get Smash bros, Zelda, and a new Mario game on launch day I'm sold.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

9 minutes ago, protoCJ said:

Put that PC into your pocket and play new Zelda or Pokemon on the bus. Then we can talk.

il just put a rPI in my pocket and play pokemon on that lol, but i am not one to give a shit about looks or portability as long as it preforms good lol

Builds:

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

il just put a rPI in my pocket and play pokemon on that lol, but i am not one to give a shit about looks or portability as long as it preforms good lol

I assure you it will have higher framerates than PS4 Pro.

The whole appeal of Switch is that it doesn't try to be a PC. I only hope that it'll have similar functionality to a standard android tablet. I'd very much enjoy watching videos on a tablet with built-in stand.

Just now, protoCJ said:

I assure you it will have higher framerates than PS4 Pro.

The whole appeal of Switch is that it doesn't try to be a PC. I only hope that it'll have similar functionality to a standard android tablet. I'd very much enjoy watching videos on a tablet with built-in stand.

and i verry much like to drown myself in used PC parts

Builds:

Spoiler

Surprisingly low price. Still, the price in the UK is going to suck compared to US MSRP (thanks, Brexiteers).

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Surprisingly low price. Still, the price in the UK is going to suck compared to US MSRP (thanks, Brexiteers).

Someone in this thread posted a leak which indicated a price of 200 GBP.

1 minute ago, protoCJ said:

Someone in this thread posted a leak which indicated a price of 200 GBP.

I hope so. Just a leak, though.

If the pound gets any weaker, that's going to rise.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

@GoodBytes

UK price leaked: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/systems/the_nintendo_switch_will_reportedly_cost_199_and_249/1

Might want to update post for that as well.

Yea, but that isn't backed by a retail store leaked page. These kind of leaked happened before.. I saw 350$ US, even 400$ US, others 300$ US. So I am reluctant in mentioning it.

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

*Pikachu you mean? :D 

Camera nipples...hue hue hue 

That price would put me in a tough spot, Vega or switch...ermmmmm...damn, do I support my favourite console manufacturer or my '"preferred" PC hardware manufacturer? Yes, I'm a Nintendo fanboy and is biased towards AMD...don't judge...

if pokemon moon/sun as the same engine as XY and ORAS there won't be a difference in performance between the old and new 3DS, which sucls cause i like the 3D feature, but can't use it on pokemon cause battle sequences sees the framerate tank when 3D is on on both systems 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

21 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Can you please show me 'this' PC in a tablet form? Oh you can't? Well you can STFU then :) (I have a wii U as well, gotten about 300-400 hours of usage so...good enough)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Can you please show me 'this' PC in a tablet form? Oh you can't? Well you can STFU then :) (I have a wii U as well, gotten about 300-400 hours of usage so...good enough)

well i just said you could get used parts, not in a portable format lol. not sure what everyones obsession with it having to be small when i just pointed out that with some time you can get great deals on PC parts for the same money :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

well i just said you could get used parts, not in a portable format lol. not sure what everyones obsession with it having to be small when i just pointed out that with some time you can get great deals on PC parts for the same money :P 

Well that's like comparing an orange to an apple...

The issue is that you're saying you can make a replacement for a product when you can't. I have a PC, I'll be building another one in a year. I have a New3DS XL, I will have a Switch. None of those are interchangeable. 

You're comparing apples to oranges. It's a bit dumb. 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well that's like comparing an orange to an apple...

yah and i made no comparason, everyone else did. i just said that if you could spend your money on an orange instead of an apple and everyone assumed i was compareing them and then i made a comment about my wii U that i have barely used

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, JoeyDM said:

The issue is that you're saying you can make a replacement for a product when you can't. I have a PC, I'll be building another one in a year. I have a New3DS XL, I will have a Switch. None of those are interchangeable. 

You're comparing apples to oranges. It's a bit dumb. 

i never made any real comparason other then what you can get for the money, go get yourself a Switch if you want to, il go with the PC parts any day  tho

Builds:

Spoiler

yah and i made no comparason, everyone else did. i just said that if you could spend your money on an orange instead of an apple and everyone assumed i was compareing them and then i made a comment about my wii U that i have barely used

*Comparison, comparing...soz

That's a comparison in my book, comparing how for the same monies you can build a powerful PC rather than buying a console...

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

*Comparison, comparing...soz

That's a comparison in my book, comparing how for the same monies you can build a powerful PC rather than buying a console...

ehh i made no coment on what is the better side, i just said that you could get other stuff for the money and that console games are expensive as hell last time i had one(well i still havent bothered to sell it, should probably go do that like right now because its not getting any more expensive)

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

ehh i made no coment on what is the better side, i just said that you could get other stuff for the money and that console games are expensive as hell last time i had one(well i still havent bothered to sell it, should probably go do that like right now because its not getting any more expensive)

I personally would say you were making a comparison but this is an useless argument so I'm gonna bail :P 

So like $700 can.  Great.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Jesus h tapdancing Christ Nintendo a Nvidia shield portable gets like 10 hours of gaming(I have one).  Just put a bigger battery in it.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

31 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

Jesus h tapdancing Christ Nintendo a Nvidia shield portable gets like 10 hours of gaming(I have one).  Just put a bigger battery in it.

It's not that simple. Remember that:

• R&D needs to be paid (device and the controllers.. it is actually very hard and costly to design a controller, even if you replicate it.. I mean look at third party ones, they are almost always inferior to the official ones).
  • Depends on the price Nvidia is selling its Tegra chip.. usually Nvidia isn't cheap. So far, all consoles with an Nvidia chip inside wasn't cheap.
  • Company is in Japan, and that results in complications in currency conversation to bring profits to the company.
  • Nintendo likes to make money on their consoles
  • Battery life will probably depend on the game being played. (Tetris might give you more battery life than Virtual Console game (due to emulation), and more battery life than a demanding AAA title from NIntendo (Zelda) or third party devs.
  • Seeing a fan in the Shied TV and this console, it would suggest that the Tegra chip that powers the Shield isn't as low powered as your tablet.
  • Console and games needs to cover the cost of the online infrastructure, if it remains free.