Nintendo Switch may sell at $245 US based on Toys"R"Us leak

GoodBytes

The is probably the price of the cheapo model that doesn't come with a game. The good model will probably be at least 300 USD with a game and maybe a second controller if Nintendo is feeling generous.
I'm also wondering about storage size, if the cheapo model comes with anything less than 64GB that's terrible. I'd like to see the deluxe model have at least 256GB storage included.

It's becoming quite clear this is not meant to compete AT ALL with even the base model PS4/Xbone, which is disappointing to me because I don't like portables. Why is Nintendo still in the home console market if they refuse to compete with Sony or Microsoft? Is this them transitioning out of the home console market and focusing only on portables soon?

You know, this reminds me of one of the first-ish posts I ever made on the forums where I was ridiculed (well, not ridiculed...but....very much so disagreed with) for suggesting that Nintendo should switch to portables only. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 11/13/2016 at 11:28 PM, apm said:

dis gonna be gud.

if thats the real price and they have good games at launch, they are gonna sell millions.

zelda alone will be so worth it.

gonna sell millions even if its $300+ 

Everyone should own a vive.

9 hours ago, SeriousDad69 said:

The is probably the price of the cheapo model that doesn't come with a game. The good model will probably be at least 300 USD with a game and maybe a second controller if Nintendo is feeling generous.
I'm also wondering about storage size, if the cheapo model comes with anything less than 64GB that's terrible. I'd like to see the deluxe model have at least 256GB storage included.

It's becoming quite clear this is not meant to compete AT ALL with even the base model PS4/Xbone, which is disappointing to me because I don't like portables. Why is Nintendo still in the home console market if they refuse to compete with Sony or Microsoft? Is this them transitioning out of the home console market and focusing only on portables soon?

Why would Nintendo want to compete with Microsoft and Sony?  They're just making crappy pcs.  I'm all for Nintendo doing their own thing and making a true console experience.  

Plus, you don't ever have to use the switch portable.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

On 11/13/2016 at 11:45 PM, djdwosk97 said:

I'm really surprised if it's that low. I was fully expecting $300+ (but probably $350+). At $250, I might have to rethink my plans to try and get a 3DS. 

I am glad that it is only $250 because it is only a 720p screen and 32gb of internal storage according to the rumors.

15 hours ago, SeriousDad69 said:

Nintendo very much do their own thing these days, started with the Gamecube and they have been drifting further from everyone else since, with varying degrees of success. The market probably couldn't support another console in the XBOX/PS4 space, with most of the same games, so Nintendo are smart to carve out their own niche. Yes they ballsed up the Wii U's marketing, and they could really do with less remakes and more original games, but they are right to be doing something completely different IMO.

The memory thing, if it's mostly just for downloaded games, and I can't think what else it would be for, it won't be getting much use as physical copies are still often cheaper than download, and can be resold. It's not a phone, you won't be sticking 200 albums, 4 films, and 67 apps on it. And it may just use a replaceable micro SD card for it's memory like the 2/3DS, so what it ships with isn't a big deal anyway.