Nvidia cards have problems with Halo 5 forge.

So, I just found this video showcasing nvidia having problems with the new Halo 5 Forge game. Basically, nvidia cards do not show the water effects at the same quality level as AMD cards. The user, who uploaded the video shows us the same scene recorded with four cards (gtx 750ti, gtx 950, gtx 1060 and the rx 480) and all nvidia cards failed to deliver the same quality as the rx 480. 

There were actually four games this year, that had nvidia cards reducing graphics settings ashes of the singularity, rise of the tomb raider, Doom (as showcased by Tech yes city) and finally halo 5 forge.

5 minutes ago, Lawliet93 said:

So, I just found this video showcasing nvidia having problems with the new Halo 5 Forge game. Basically, nvidia cards do not show the water effects at the same quality level as AMD cards. The user, who uploaded the video shows us the same scene recorded with four cards (gtx 750ti, gtx 950, gtx 1060 and the rx 480) and all nvidia cards failed to deliver the same quality as the rx 480. 

There were actually four games this year, that had nvidia cards reducing graphics settings ashes of the singularity, rise of the tomb raider, Doom (as showcased by Tech yes city) and finally halo 5 forge.

hmm, this shit is getting rather interesting...

What API is Halo 5 Forge running?

4 minutes ago, Prysin said:

hmm, this shit is getting rather interesting...

What API is Halo 5 Forge running?

I believe it would be either DX12 or DX11 seeing that it is a Windows 10 game

Take Nvidias (old) low-end cards and compare it to amds middle class seems fair to me.. 

thats quite a difference was expecting something less noticeable like in AotS

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Just now, mackaledy said:

Take Nvidias (old) low-end cards and compare it to amds middle class seems fair to me.. 

Well, he had a gtx 1060 in the mix, so... yeah.

4 minutes ago, mackaledy said:

the 1060 is about the same as 480 if not a little better (dx11)

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

1 minute ago, mackaledy said:

what does that have to do with this? and the 1060 is in the same group as a 480.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

The Forge is terribly demanding in terms of VRAM alone, not to mention it punishes GPU's not fully compatible with DX12, which run on 11_0/11_2 levels (12_0 is Maxwell and Pascal -.-).

Its not even recognized as a game by FRAPS btw, so no way to know FPS other than seeing the lagg, which is surprising how this guys got its fps lol. Also the 750 Ti running at 60fps max settings? I even drop below that with 512 textures, unless that 750 Ti has 4GB of VRAM.

Groomlake Authority

16 minutes ago, Lawliet93 said:

can you share details on ROTR please, i know about the other two, never heard anything about ROTR.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

17 minutes ago, Lawliet93 said:

the same quality as the rx 480. 

The video is showing an RX460, not an 480, which should make it even more interesting.

Anyhow, I don't think that this is something that drivers can't fix. The official driver is not out yet. 

But this is interesting in it's own way, considering it's always NV the one who is "forcing" eye candy effects.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Consoles have AMD GPUs.

So it's not surprizing they run fine on AMD GPUs on PC whereas Nvidia have some minor driver related issues like this.

Expect more of this in the future. ;)

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

probably just a driver issue.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

13 minutes ago, super_skank said:

can you share details on ROTR please, i know about the other two, never heard anything about ROTR.

I found this claim on several Czech forums and I am now looking into it, but basically, it happened when the r9 380 and gtx 960 were reviewed and the r9 was beaten by a significant margin, however, after comparing ingame screenshots you could see a clear difference between those cards in terms of graphics quality. (basically it might be the same as with mirrors edge catalyst and the comparison between r9 390 and gtx 970, where the gtx 970 could not run hyper settings and instead used ultra because of memory limitations... digital foundry has a video on this topic).

Just now, Lawliet93 said:

I found this claim on several Czech forums and I am now looking into it, but basically, it happened when the r9 380 and gtx 960 were reviewed and the r9 was beaten by a significant margin, however, after comparing ingame screenshots you could see a clear difference between those cards in terms of graphics quality. (basically it might be the same as with mirrors edge catalyst and the comparison between r9 390 and gtx 970, where the gtx 970 could not run hyper settings and instead used ultra because of memory limitations... digital foundry has a video on this topic).

yeah, i saw the mirrors edge video.....interesting.

40 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

what does that have to do with this? and the 1060 is in the same group as a 480.

sure, but what the hell is a 750Ti doing there? :P

7 minutes ago, manikyath said:

sure, but what the hell is a 750Ti doing there? :P

he just tested all the cards he had, I would of done the same.

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

he just tested all the cards he had, I would of done the same.

oh, that makes sense then.

took a quick peek at the video, looks like the amd version of physx, and it being turned off *automagicly* (shouldnt be automagicly) on nvidia for whatever reason.

3 hours ago, LukaH said:

thats quite a difference was expecting something less noticeable like in AotS

460 is damn near 1-2 FPS of a 950 lol

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

oh, that makes sense then.

took a quick peek at the video, looks like the amd version of physx, and it being turned off *automagicly* (shouldnt be automagicly) on nvidia for whatever reason.

its the same ish water physics that was in Halo 3, I don't see how it can't run on Nvidia hardware.

Likely just a bug with Forge. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

its the same ish water physics that was in Halo 3, I don't see how it can't run on Nvidia hardware.

my bet is the devs did their work on amd, noticed they used a call not available (or not working properly in some way) on nvidia, so they just flipped it off.

question is...

- lazy devs

- game engine bug

- gpu driver bug

- actual physical gpu issue.

So what it's likely a bug/bad porting simple as that, it was developed first for the xbone after all

And FYI tomb raider didn't reduce quality for nvidia cards, idk about ashes but frankly I don't care about ashes as it's more so a tech demo than a game

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

So what it's likely a bug/bad porting simple as that, it was developed first for the xbone after all

And FYI tomb raider didn't reduce quality for nvidia cards, idk about ashes but frankly I don't care about ashes as it's more so a tech demo than a game

iirc the thing with ashes was the devs just specificly changing hooks depending on what it was plugged into.

great showcase of what amd is capable of, not a great game for comparing between different cards.

i was thinking the other day, maybe we need to figure out a series of parameters both gpu manufacturers and game devs could list *factually*example: (spoilered because its long, and i know it's too convoluted to work, but i can dream harold.)

Spoiler

- the new S3 ViRGE supercard 20 years after we stopped existing edition

- - 1600 points raytracing

- - 400 points texture because we forgot 2016 has more than 1MB vram

- - 150 points conventional anti aliasing

- - enter some more BS here

and game devs could list the same list:

- the new buttman arkham nights (ladies~ ;)) requires the following for a smooth experience:

- - 1550 points raytracing

- - 1000 points texture because we went overboard

- - 100 points conventional anti aliasing because we went overboard just before

- - enter some more BS here.