WING X99 | A CNC-milled Scratch Build! (Benchmarks, temps and wallpapers posted!)

@Brodholm, Wow... Just... Wow! This is amazing! Love every piece of it! Can't wait for more pics! :D 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

So good! Must be really pleasing to fit everything together after all the hard work you put into the design and production. Seeing how everything just slides snugly into place is certainly pleasing for us! ?

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

We're gonna have to start calling you Tony Stark @Brodholm

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Can't wait for some more pics, also would love to see a bit more of the Loop. Is it just my eyes but I can see the holes for the SSD's blocks but can't see anything on the GPU's ? 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

20 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Damn this has turned out amazing!!!! I absolutely love it and can't wait for all the finished glam shots :D Please have lots!!!

There will be lots! I promise! I just have to go through about 2000 photos and a lot of video to try and select the best :) 

15 hours ago, Marine_Boy said:

@Brodholm, Wow... Just... Wow! This is amazing! Love every piece of it! Can't wait for more pics! :D 

You don't have to wait long!

13 hours ago, Hasle said:

So good! Must be really pleasing to fit everything together after all the hard work you put into the design and production. Seeing how everything just slides snugly into place is certainly pleasing for us! ?

It really is! But having tight tolerances is a bit of a pain in the... well. It can be annoying. But a CNC definitely helps. But things like sheet metal thickness variances can screw with you quite a bit.

12 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

We're gonna have to start calling you Tony Stark @Brodholm

:D 

4 hours ago, Yahtadi said:

Fantastic! neat!

2 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Can't wait for some more pics, also would love to see a bit more of the Loop. Is it just my eyes but I can see the holes for the SSD's blocks but can't see anything on the GPU's ? 

They are smaller. If you take away the connector on the EK-blocks you will find that the holes are quite small. It has the same inlet as the original block!

Also, made a video of the progress from update 27 to 33 (now). It is in 4K and have some sweet piano in it :)

Ohh well... why not post this now as well! Hopefully I can get out some video of the filling tomorrow. If not then It will be up next week!

TAyqFWLh.jpg
oVasMAih.jpg
Got some new coolant in the mail!

jW3ECRmh.jpg
Looks really good! Got that dark "blood red" look to it.

qn3QR4Kh.jpg
Also got one of these! Ohh why have I not gotten one of these before... Makes things much much easier.

pRHc6xqh.jpg
Patience is key! Drop by drop!

2lXZ0Ugh.jpg
Lots and lots of bubbles! Also had a hose attached that I filled in. And that acted as an extra reservoir so I did not have to stop that much. The upper res part is quite small and gets empty quite fast otherwise.

QafoZ1yh.jpg
Tw9eAxQh.jpg
Don't mind the dust and stuff! I will clean it later!

qwnS78Wh.jpg
Bubbles swishing by. Looks really mesmerizing. Again, don't mind all the dust and stuff. This is not wiped and cleaned.

cwZDppFh.jpg
wjPqZGch.jpg
zkSrLc2h.jpg
It looks a bit weird with all the small bubbles trapped everywhere but those will go away after a few hours/days.

wyZYfUdh.jpg
Time to let it bleed! Next update will be final pictures. And it will be a huge one. I will also have to do some editing and make a "making of" video and a "final result" video. Hoping I can get these videos out before dreamhack summer!

1 hour ago, Brodholm said:

Ohh well... why not post this now as well! Hopefully I can get out some video of the filling tomorrow. If not then It will be up next week!

Spoiler

TAyqFWLh.jpgoVasMAih.jpgGot some new coolant in the mail!

jW3ECRmh.jpg
Looks really good! Got that dark "blood red" look to it.

qn3QR4Kh.jpg
Also got one of these! Ohh why have I not gotten one of these before... Makes things much much easier.

pRHc6xqh.jpg
Patience is key! Drop by drop!

2lXZ0Ugh.jpg
Lots and lots of bubbles! Also had a hose attached that I filled in. And that acted as an extra reservoir so I did not have to stop that much. The upper res part is quite small and gets empty quite fast otherwise.

QafoZ1yh.jpg
Tw9eAxQh.jpg
Don't mind the dust and stuff! I will clean it later!

qwnS78Wh.jpg
Bubbles swishing by. Looks really mesmerizing. Again, don't mind all the dust and stuff. This is not wiped and cleaned.

cwZDppFh.jpg
wjPqZGch.jpg
zkSrLc2h.jpg
It looks a bit weird with all the small bubbles trapped everywhere but those will go away after a few hours/days.

wyZYfUdh.jpg
Time to let it bleed! Next update will be final pictures. And it will be a huge one. I will also have to do some editing and make a "making of" video and a "final result" video. Hoping I can get these videos out before dreamhack summer!

Damn that even more beautiful!!

You should do a picture dump of every single one you have taken onto this thread :P all 2k of them! 

Edited by 0ld_Chicken
spoilered quoted pictures

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

@Brodholm B E A utiful!!! Amazing! *o* I want to build something like this in the future. Not entirely the same, but the same idea, like everything custom made. I hope I will mange to create something on the same level of amazingness :D 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

21 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Damn that even more beautiful!!

You should do a picture dump of every single one you have taken onto this thread :P all 2k of them! 

Well... There are like 10 pictures in series of each shot :D soooooooooooooooooo. Well I will pick the best ones! There will be a lot, I promise. I can even make some 4K wallpapers if someone is interested.

15 hours ago, Marine_Boy said:

@Brodholm B E A utiful!!! Amazing! *o* I want to build something like this in the future. Not entirely the same, but the same idea, like everything custom made. I hope I will mange to create something on the same level of amazingness :D 

Cant wait to see what you come up with! Be sure to create a work log!

13 hours ago, mikat said:

One of the coolest PCs I've ever seen, It looks great :D

Thanks mate!

10 hours ago, Snipeon said:

You have blood red coolant, meanwhile I can only afford...

20170524_185739.thumb.jpg.250e6d80ef43e1bec8e01abed57c9f97.jpg

blood red blood...

ohh my! :D 

Also, just had time before I leave this week to give you the last video update before the final one! 

Here you go: (Don't mind all the dust, I did not properly clean it and video shows every small particle on there!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

The time has finally come to post the final pictures and video of this project. It has been a crazy ride for me, both with very high ups and very low downs. It has taken almost two years to complete and well over 1000 hours of work and planning. Starting with ideas, crude sketches, countless hours in CAD to finally taking physical form. But I have learned a lot and got to know a lot of new friends during the process!

I would like to thank the sponsors of this project: ASUS, INTEL, CORSAIR and EKWB for believing in me and the project! And also to the people behind the brands, who are always there answering questions and offering support! You know who you are, thanks!

I would lastly like to thank everyone on forums, Facebook and Youtube who have helped me with ideas, suggestions, and kind and encouraging words. This really keeps me focused on the goal and enables me to achieve the best results possible. I cannot stress this enough, I owe you a lot! I hope you will enjoy the final video and pictures of the project WING X99.

THANK YOU ALL!

I also made a final video!

fzwDnEy.jpg

I4bfUvh.jpg

9Y5l4XB.jpg

z9G62mz.jpg

FHLE5FG.jpg

WkXrHvf.jpg

PdClxxc.jpg

5nNf49t.jpg

kcla4AA.jpg

zFxt7Sj.jpg

zCXPdpG.jpg

k9qZghs.jpg

mdHT8ZK.jpg

DImnfQ6.jpg

jnSVyTx.jpg

Frhwq1F.jpg

9guFB90.jpg

m7Y2sRA.jpg

I28qp0G.jpg

AHuP5mx.jpg

5Ci10RG.jpg

SqZc25G.jpg

tcigfMC.jpg

lkc9SPN.jpg

IiyR96m.jpg

VwgOrQY.jpg

DrHXbPg.jpg

09u3fTz.jpg

NOKfccq.jpg

MYTjDwm.jpg

lADed7H.jpg

cy7l6sG.jpg

y4neC5O.jpg

A98HekE.jpg

dy910gq.jpg

WZJKXqw.jpg

tRBwVs4.jpg

YPyvfdS.jpg

dbq0zM7.jpg

aEb3caP.jpg

CaTPU34.jpg

X6zH6tT.jpg

7hpshoe.jpg

OquziUK.jpg

SvYR3VY.jpg

kfPXz1q.jpg

BQrtade.jpg

tHIEqql.jpg

SHWCHGh.jpg

Ia8qPaR.jpg

5mhOq05.jpg

QIkshQt.jpg

QDGh4nW.jpg

egg6OzV.jpg

5lXsbpH.jpg

RiEqd63.jpg

vRQ7Czh.jpg

y27mjsT.jpg

qY6p3hG.jpg

JwBB5NI.jpg

8WXa1WV.jpg

QLszlUr.jpg

pNwMieL.jpg

gVqODo2.jpg

JbHUTDb.jpg

8HH3ohF.jpg

hQStt9U.jpg

zHR3pZr.jpg

Mn1H1Lx.jpg

4UHY1qm.jpg

zBYGErm.jpg

wXV6aUc.jpg

fHTqgHY.jpg

WHiYBpg.jpg

wpzQ13f.jpg

J9IbNhq.jpg

YdjjDST.jpg

KfBO6th.jpg

uG30nP1.png

tAaRRDU.jpg

dXtYwbs.png

7jnKSFX.jpg

5XnOeIl.jpg

ikpC0sO.jpg

tSmwtVJ.jpg

D3xCLbv.jpg

eOKUxSC.png

jVyuA2e.png

Reflections

I think it is important to look back at what you have done and reflect on what you could have done better, most importantly regarding methodology. After thinking about this for a long while I have realized a few important things.

The most important one was that I bit off more than I could chew. I really think I took it a few steps too far with this project, with designing and building my own CNC and then immediately starting on this one. Since it was basically only me working on this it was just*WAY too much work for one person to get done in a reasonable time frame. I have worked way too much lately and it has effected both me, my university studies, my fiancée Josefina (who is amazing and understanding) and my friends.

I can't help but to think back at those months around when I worked 6-7 days a week, 14+ hours a day. I basically lived in the workshop and only slept and ate during that time. Don't get me wrong, the feeling I have now is amazing and I am very proud of the results. But next time I will definitely change some things to lighten the work load or get someone to help me more. All in all, if given the choice, I would do it all again. I have learned a lot from this, not just as a modder, but also as a person.

I know a lot of you have asked about how much the whole case with components weighs. And I finally have the answer! It is 42 kg, or about 94 lbs :)

Side note

The build also qualified for the “DreamHack Summer Master Class Casemod Championship” along with 5 other great builds! WING X99 will be on display for the competition, but also in the ASUS ROG booth that they have at DHs. I will be there a lot of the time so come and say hello! Hope to see some of you there!

Final words

Right now I feel very empty and happy at the same time. The project is finally done after all this hard work. But I mostly feel amazing and have genuine gratitude towards everyone who helped in any way with the project. Be it writing a kind comment, helping with the design or actual physical help. YOU are amazing!

Me like much so very! 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

*when the final build looks better than the renders* O.o

It's been such a pleasure following this project from day one. The result is beyond fantastic!

PS. You need some new speakers bro. Badly! :D

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

5 hours ago, tj1795 said:

Oh good gravy, that's exquisite.

4 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Me like much so very! 

$5 ;) 

2 hours ago, Hasle said:

*when the final build looks better than the renders* O.o

It's been such a pleasure following this project from day one. The result is beyond fantastic!

PS. You need some new speakers bro. Badly! :D

Speakers you say! They actually produce great sound :D and I live in a very small apartment. I don't think the neighbors would approve, but then again, when do the neighbors approve of anything :) 

This is by far the most beautiful thing I've seen in a LONG time!

may I point out you just missed an easy Star wars reference here ;) (X-Wing 99)

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

Brodholm that is fantastic, I mean I thought the updates were excellent, but man it didn't prepare us for the final look of this build B|

Now just sit back for a bit and enjoy, you deserve a massive rest after all that hard work. I would love to see this in person, but doubt I will ever get the chance. I love the channels you made for the liquid to pass from one component to the next instead of using tubing all the time, it is a very well thought out design and really adds to the asthetics of the case.

Can you tell us how it runs please? like what the idle and full load temps are when running benchmarks/stress tests are please? Not that it matters as that is a really good design anyway, but just for curiousity's sake?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

This is an absolutely fantastic build! Incredible work with the case, cable management, custom parts, and water-cooling.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

This is an incredible build. That cable management is just perfection O.o Exquisite work sir.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

This build log has been amazing!!  You've put an incredible amount of work into JUST documenting this process, on top of the actual process it's self and I really appreciate that.  

Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us and I hope you enjoy it immensely!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q