UPDATE: Microsoft Lied - Shocker Every future game published by Microsoft Studios will come to PC (WIN 10)

Microsoft games on PC  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited and glad that MS has said this?

• Hell Yes!
    • God No!

Everyone wants these games but no one wants to download an update with better features to play these games...

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

It is pretty amazing that it took Microsoft 15 years to finally realize that they should release their games on both their platforms. I mean, why limit your product to only work on things a minority of your user base has? In the end, game sales is what brings in the money, and a bigger user base means more sales.

The same can be said to Sony and not releasing any exclusives for PC. If anything, you should be happy for Microsoft and upset at Sony.

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Well it's better than nothing. It does feel kind of like this though:

Microsoft: "All future games will come to PCs!"

Everyone: "Woho! Great job! Finally!"

Microsoft: "But they will be UWP and only for Windows 10! Gotcha!"

Why not just release them like a regular publisher, without doing it in a sneaky attempt to make people move to Windows 10?

UWP is shit and I don't see any other publisher go Windows 10 exclusive. And yes before the MDF yells at me, I know Microsoft has promised to fix UWP. So far they haven't done anything though so it's just lip service right now.

It is pretty amazing that it took Microsoft 15 years to finally realize that they should release their games on both their platforms. I mean, why limit your product to only work on things a minority of your user base has? In the end, game sales is what brings in the money, and a bigger user base means more sales.

You'd prefer they play sneaky?

Like DX12 games only... which are only supported on win 10 and no other windows version?

It's understandable they want them using DX12, but for fucks sake sell them on steam....don't make us use UWP....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

17 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Well it's better than nothing. It does feel kind of like this though:

Microsoft: "All future games will come to PCs!"

Everyone: "Woho! Great job! Finally!"

Microsoft: "But they will be UWP and only for Windows 10! Gotcha!"

Why not just release them like a regular publisher, without doing it in a sneaky attempt to make people move to Windows 10?

UWP is shit and I don't see any other publisher go Windows 10 exclusive. And yes before the MDF yells at me, I know Microsoft has promised to fix UWP. So far they haven't done anything though so it's just lip service right now.

Believe it or not I don't think Microsoft has wanted to sell games for money for years. To them all is secondary to Nadella's "Fuck it, let's become Google" Strategy of just getting you in their platforms even at barely any profit and even losses to them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

FINALLY. Personally I still won't touch the W10 store with a 10m stick.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

considering win10 is at 45% market share on steam and 350 mil overall idd say they are way ahead of playstation atm

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

51 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

You'd prefer they play sneaky?

Like DX12 games only... which are only supported on win 10 and no other windows version?

If devs code for DX12 it should be relatively straight forward to port to Vulkan supporting previous Windows versions (and Linux and Mac too). MS doing the store is just a step further into blatant Wall garden.

Which is kind of why I dislike all the praise for the end of exclusivity: what the fuck is it really ending if they're eclusive to one OS, exclusive to one store only even since they haven't confirmed all will be on Steam too.

-------

Current Rig

-------

20 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Which is kind of why I dislike all the praise for the end of exclusivity: what the fuck is it really ending if they're eclusive to one OS, exclusive to one store only even since they haven't confirmed all will be on Steam too.

They'll sell them on steam, maybe not at the start,but at the end of the day, it's like that that it will happen, because pc gamers aren't that easy to be pleased.

Probably only "console peasants" will but on windows store, because they're used to overpriced games etc.

5 hours ago, Alexp10v2 said:

Looks like MS is finally and actually this time, taking PC gaming seriously again -as long as the games aren't held back for

console parody.  

Aren't consoles kind of a parody anyway? :)

It's better than nothing. But the price will always be allot higher than what PC gamers are used to paying, every game will likely be 60€ or $. Not to mention that they didn't say anything about the PC version being just a glorified demo of the game. See Halo 5 Guardians edition, no campaing, no multiplayer matchmaking. Just forge and custom games.

I am not looking forward to seeing more great games get even more cut down on PC that usual. 

It's very likely that I will not be buying a single damn game they offer, even Halo Wars 2 is looking more and more boring every day. 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Not sure if console parody was intended as a pun, or if it was supposed to read parity. :|

58 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

They'll sell them on steam, maybe not at the start,but at the end of the day, it's like that that it will happen, because pc gamers aren't that easy to be pleased.

Probably only "console peasants" will but on windows store, because they're used to overpriced games etc.

If you take a look at their history you'll see they aren't very concerned with pleasing PC gamers. I think they will not put a single game on steam, and if they do it will take ages for it to happen and the games will not have sales.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Great move, finally! Also great that it's DX12 games, now just to work on UWA more and all good.
They can just be done with XB really. Just make compact PC without custom hardware yet desktop components, cause they're efficient now, put W10 on it, with option of some 'console' UI and GG yo.

Would also like to see entire GoW series for PC too.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Did I not hear somewhere that MS was considering putting some titles on Steam?

(By the way I think Halo is the next Final Fantasy)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Every future game published by Microsoft Studios will come to PC

Well that sounds great, but is it just me or do they never really make games any more?  They used to actually be a pretty big player but I haven't seen an actual Microsoft game in forever...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I see this as just another windows 10 ploy, that will ultimately be a broken promise or have some strings. Either way I'm skeptical to say the least.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

They want to reach 1 billion win10 user by next year (or the year after). I wonder how difficult (in terms of coding) to port game from xbon to win10, since both has win10 and dx12.

Right...well how about they start with the older stuff first?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

inb4 crappy port which is un-optimized.

I hope they get it right, I really want Halo Wars 2 :( 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Finally the PCMR are victorious :D

no but seriously this is great

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

16 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

"Will come to PC" not quite, they meant "Will come to Windows 10".

Which is still a deal breaker for me.

WHAT!!!! Come on! You've got 24 days until the end of the free upgrade.

14 hours ago, Rune said:

Nope. Won't be buying anything from the MS store. Thanks for playing.

Why not? They sell some decent stuff like Movies, Apps, Games and whatnot.

14 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

This is good

13 hours ago, super_skank said:

Windows 10 is fine

UWP is shite

M$ is a rip off, games will be full price two years after release....

They don't get one of the appeals of PC gaming is cheap games on, until they match steam for prices their platform might aswell not exist.

UWP is actually quite nice in most uses.

14 hours ago, razor767 said:

More games on PC is good. UWP however, is not so good. 

It's getting better!

15 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

UWP

Windows Store

Windows 10

FUCK OFF MS

Calm down. We know you're really butt hurt and you're probably in shock.

But seriously, what is wrong with Windows 10, UWP or the Windows Store?

Just because you are an old fashioned person does not mean you need to make future generations old fashioned as well.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

13 hours ago, theninja35 said:

Everyone wants these games but no one wants to download an update with better features to play these games...

The same can be said to Sony and not releasing any exclusives for PC. If anything, you should be happy for Microsoft and upset at Sony.

Yeah well when the free upgrade is over, watch how everybody will complain they didn't have enough time.

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Finally the PCMR are victorious :D

no but seriously this is great

But this requires the Windows Store. I thought you hated that....

2 hours ago, GooDBoY920 said:

They want to reach 1 billion win10 user by next year (or the year after). I wonder how difficult (in terms of coding) to port game from xbon to win10, since both has win10 and dx12.

Actually Xbox One doesn't support Direct X 12. It supports Direct X 11.3 which tries to mirror 12 but fails....

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well that sounds great, but is it just me or do they never really make games any more?  They used to actually be a pretty big player but I haven't seen an actual Microsoft game in forever...

They publish games but don't really make them anymore with a few exceptions.

7 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Did I not hear somewhere that MS was considering putting some titles on Steam?

(By the way I think Halo is the next Final Fantasy)

Yeah but this probably won't happen for these newer games.

12 hours ago, laminutederire said:

No, anybody

who wants to buy it will buy it on the Windows Store. Nobody said newer games were coming to steams. Just older ones.

13 hours ago, Sauron said:

FINALLY. Personally I still won't touch the W10 store with a 10m stick.

Because?

13 hours ago, super_skank said:

It's understandable they want them using DX12, but for fucks sake sell them on steam....don't make us use UWP....

Why not?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

But this requires the Windows Store. I thought you hated that....

I do

But I want to play the games

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Because?

For the same reason I don't want to use uplay. It's a poorly designed platform and it binds my games to something I have no control over and has demonstrated to not be willing to expand to other platforms (not talking about consoles). Steam is tolerable because it's convenient, the other two are not.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*