UPDATE: Microsoft Lied - Shocker Every future game published by Microsoft Studios will come to PC (WIN 10)

Microsoft games on PC  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited and glad that MS has said this?

• Hell Yes!
    • God No!

I've been saying Microsoft should have been doing this for years. The announcement that Forza Horizon 3 was coming to PC excited me, and now we'll see future Halo's too. Finally, finally the days of needing to own a console is coming to an end; Halo and Forza on PC and I'm set. I just hope they give us the Halo back catalog at some point.

29 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Actually Xbox One doesn't support Direct X 12. It supports Direct X 11.3 which tries to mirror 12 but fails....

I tried researching on this (xbon dx12) topic to see if they implement it.

This is what I found: http://www.redgamingtech.com/directx-12-for-xbox-one-is-here-star-wars-battlefront-first-dx12-x1-title/

I just wonder if dx12 (in case it is truly dx12, not just mirrored features) on xbon is the same with PC regardless it's low level.

Glad they did it but wouldn't say I'm excited lol. Xbone games suck. The only decent games it has are already on PC.

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

4 minutes ago, GooDBoY920 said:

I tried researching on this (xbon dx12) topic to see if they implement it.

This is what I found: http://www.redgamingtech.com/directx-12-for-xbox-one-is-here-star-wars-battlefront-first-dx12-x1-title/

I just wonder if dx12 (in case it is truly dx12, not just mirrored features) on xbon is the same with PC regardless it's low level.

Direct X 11.3 was supposed to bring Direct X 12 feature to Xbox One.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

a) I thought this was old news. Thought they mentioned it when they released Forza Apex.

b) Windows Store is not bad. It's almost good. It's update process so far seems to be much less intrusive than Steam and I can always just play a game when I want to without having to wait for an update I don't care about. The pricing is also better if you're somewhere that doesn't have the US Dollar. It's also built into the operating system - so you don't exactly have to go out of your way to use it by downloading some extra client.

And there's zero point in complaining about UWP. That platform is the reason titles are coming to PC in the first place - to demonstrate the power of UWP. That being, you develop the game once and it works on both PC and Xbox.  From a developers standpoint - it's actually a very exciting time.

In terms of runtime, the games seem excellent and rock solid. And with the latest update to Forza (which was seamless and didn't involve me having to wait for an hour when I launched it!) most of the customizability I would want is there - I can play at 144Hz no problem. Just resolution support is all I want now.

OP might wanna change the title, MS changed their minds

the orginal blog post: https://web.archive.org/web/20160629122251/https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/06/29/windows-10-anniversary-update-available-august-2/

Every new title published from Microsoft Studios will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store.

to this: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/06/29/windows-10-anniversary-update-available-august-2/#

Every new title published from Microsoft Studios that we showed onstage at E3 this year will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store.

apparently, the edit happened sometime yesterday

I'm not sure "hell yes!" is precisely how I'd put it (since I doubt this will result in a lot of games I'm dying to play), but of course it's positive news. It's always better to have more games available on more platforms.

I'd be a lot more excited were it Sony doing something like this. I'd do just about anything for a 60 FPS Bloodborne PC port.

On 7/5/2016 at 5:52 AM, AluminiumTech said:

But this requires the Windows Store. I thought you hated that...

It's worth pointing out that this news comes alongside Phil Spencer mentioning in an interview that "[Microsoft] will ship games on Steam again." That wording leaves a ton of room for ambiguity, but it might be a little less cut-and-dry than we think.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/phil-spencer-says-microsoft-will-ship-games-on-steam-again/

1 hour ago, typographie said:

It's worth pointing out that this news comes alongside Phil Spencer mentioning in an interview that "[Microsoft] will ship games on Steam again." That word leaves a ton of room for ambiguity, but it might be a little less cut-and-dry than we think.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/phil-spencer-says-microsoft-will-ship-games-on-steam-again/

frankly i think they're taking about games that already are on steam (ark) and games that already were going to come on steam before MS decided to publish them (cuphead)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I just hope that they'll be released on STEAM and not the super crappy Windows store.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

On July 5, 2016 at 5:06 AM, Daiyus said:

I've been saying Microsoft should have been doing this for years. The announcement that Forza Horizon 3 was coming to PC excited me, and now we'll see future Halo's too. Finally, finally the days of needing to own a console is coming to an end; Halo and Forza on PC and I'm set. I just hope they give us the Halo back catalog at some point.

The Master Chief Collection would be nice 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

38 minutes ago, ChrisxIxCross said:

I just hope that they'll be released on STEAM and not the super crappy Windows store.

What's wrong with it?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

frankly i think they're taking about games that already are on steam (ark) and games that already were going to come on steam before MS decided to publish them (cuphead)

I thought the same thing when I read it, and that might be completely correct. But there have been suggestions that the Windows Store is doing terribly. Some (anonymous) ex-Lionhead Studios devs said this to Kotaku:

“When we started the project we weren’t aware of Windows 10,” says a source. “We were going to ship on Xbox One initially and then we wanted to come out on PC at a later point, most likely though Steam. But we got burnt quite badly.”
“Without Steam, without other platforms, it was just painful,” says another. “The Windows Store is a giant disaster. It’s on fire. 98% of PC copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider, a flagship Windows 10 game, were bought on Steam. The same is true for Minecraft. That hurt us, too. The store’s a mess; the number of people who couldn’t even install the game from the Microsoft store was… significant.”

Source: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/06/09/how-fable-legends-took-down-lionhead

This seems like wishful thinking, but if what they said is true it might be very difficult for Microsoft to justify Windows Store-exclusive big budget games that rely on selling a lot of copies. That comment about Steam from Phil Spencer came out around the same time this did, so while the correlation is a loose one, it's hard not to notice there's some consistency between the Windows Store being a failure and Steam looking attractive to Microsoft.

8 minutes ago, typographie said:

I thought the same thing when I read it, and that might be completely correct. But there have been suggestions that the Windows Store is doing terribly. Some (anonymous) ex-Lionhead Studios devs said this to Kotaku:

“When we started the project we weren’t aware of Windows 10,” says a source. “We were going to ship on Xbox One initially and then we wanted to come out on PC at a later point, most likely though Steam. But we got burnt quite badly.”
“Without Steam, without other platforms, it was just painful,” says another. “The Windows Store is a giant disaster. It’s on fire. 98% of PC copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider, a flagship Windows 10 game, were bought on Steam. The same is true for Minecraft. That hurt us, too. The store’s a mess; the number of people who couldn’t even install the game from the Microsoft store was… significant.”

Source: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/06/09/how-fable-legends-took-down-lionhead

This seems like wishful thinking, but if what they said is true it might be very difficult for Microsoft to justify Windows Store-exclusive big budget games that rely on selling a lot of copies. That comment about Steam from Phil Spencer came out around the same time this did, so while the correlation is a loose one, it's hard not to notice there's some consistency between the Windows Store being a failure and Steam looking attractive to Microsoft.

Only time will tell, also they could just pull a Ubisoft and force you to use the Windows Store or Xbox App even after buying it from Steam 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 7/4/2016 at 0:32 PM, Alexp10v2 said:

as long as the games aren't held back for

console parody.  

I love that little typo there or was it done on purpose hmmmm

OT: I will finally be able to play a modern Halo game on PC finally. Ugh. I had to resist the urge to get an Xbone just for Halo.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

Good to see they're continuing their tradition of being deliberately vague about Halo's pc future... That's a tradition worth continuing for at least another decade.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Well it was only a matter of time before they decided not to do it wasn't it?

Every single time MS says they care about PC gamers, they throw BS at them, windows live gaming or whatever was also a big POS, now this, and i'm quite sure there was some more BS in the past.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I am fairly certain it was a typo from the start...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'd just like to point out, that by "upgrading" to Windows 10, you are encouraging their bullshit.

You brought this on yourselves, and the rest of us. I hope you're happy.

That is all.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

you played halo 5 for campaign only? leleleleleleleelelellelel:P no wonder you hate microshit so much

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

honestly i think this means no future halo.. its there biggest system seller so it would be a little loop hole they created themselves.. it will prob be one of the only MS studio games that wont be play anywhere, gears 4 and forza are already confirmed to be play anywhere so, that leaves there biggest franchise alone to sell there newest consoles

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

Statement on update: well, that sucks I guess o.O but like I said earlier, I haven't really even seen a game from them in years anyway so I don't think this really matters...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

What's wrong with it?

Doesn't support full-screen mode, and has major issues with multi-gpu, g-sync/v-sync.