GUYS!!! DO YOU SERIOUSLY KNOW WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO THE GRAPHICS WORLD?

testiclemachine

I have been blinded by the all caps and large font.

Also, could we get a source on that bf3 mantle frostbite claim?

I think he is just a little confused. BF3 runs a bit better on the AMD hardware because it is a Gaming Evolved title

U completely exaggerated...but indeed, shots were fired at nvidia :)

Oh amd, how u amuse me.

Too bad it only applies to GCN cards..NOT 6000 series -.-

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Nope nvidia still has the game http://wccftech.com/battlefield-4-frostbite-3-support-amd-mantle-nvidia-nvapi-apis-pc-optimizations/

mantel works on both nvidia and amd !!! 

Thats not what its saying. Its saying that BF4 will support both apis. Of course BF4 will be better optimized on Mantle than NVAPI but probably not by much. Mantle as far as I know will be a GCN exclusive, which means AMD only

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

What about nVidia?

It'd be pretty competitive if Nvidia released their own Mantle competitor in their next GPU reveal.

Open source and everything. (I hope)

NVIDIA won't go calmly into the night, they will be fine (I hope).

i hope i love nvidia and i love physx. but more games need physx

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I laughed so hard at this, my friends around me that know nothing about computers made me explain why this is hilarious.

i do not get it why is it hilarious ? just cause they are using old computers ? 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

Mickey Mantle does not add physX to AMD ... Nvidia !

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Has anyone not noticed the OP's name?

Now all we need is that nipplesalad dude from @Slick 's stream

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

33f4ux4.jpg

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

Yeah you're right, Microsoft is just going to let AMD become the dominant API overnight, sure.

You ever met Microsoft? Ruthless.

Mantle is going to attempt to draw crowds from DX, and MS won't like this.

Get ready for backlash.

Oh and this isn't new, Nvidia had their own API for years.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

GUYS LISTEN TO ME!!! I am from 8 months into the future, a few months from now amd's main building burns down in a freak electrical fire around the same time nvidia releases their new 8XX series amd's stock drops and Linus dies when a car hits him on his motercycle. 

YOU HAVE TO SAVE HIM!!!!!!!!

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I've been too focused on Breaking Bad the past day, what happened (other than caps lock on OP keyboard breaking?).

I've been too focused on Breaking Bad the past day, what happened (other than caps lock on OP keyboard breaking?).

He got a new keyboard and broke the caps lock again.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

I just think that people are going way overboard with the hole mantle thing.first of all they said that mantle is open so if nvidia wanted they can use it to. and second if a game dev now uses mantle only to dev there games they would cut out anybody that does not have 7xxx or the new GPU14 gpus witch they wont to as there is lots of people that don't use them just look at steam states. And no matter what AMD says i wont believe there 9x FPS or what ever until mantle is running on a few games and it can be compared with DX11. And if the Benchmarks on the R9 290x is true on the leeks then it does not look like that big titan killing if you think that the titan is already on the old side and nvidia will probably release 790 and Titan ultra or just wait for Q1 2014 for the 8xx series.But will need to see the R9 290x performance.  

Needs Update

Apart from reading your post and not really caring for a reply..

But They didnt say 9x fps, it CALLS for instructions up to 9x faster.

Your FPS may never rise & yes, both companies have had their own API's for a while (15 years), but since DirectX via M-soft took over the low level API's many many years ago.... It is only now we are seeing a return of so many older technologies passed over 15 years ago because they couldnt be utilized fully then, but can be leveraged now for better performance.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Nvidia going down would be very bad to the market. Intel need AMD and same goes for AMD and Nvidia. Each new stuff they make/develope make other go forward and/or lower prices to attract clients. If any of those companies would go down the drain the standing company would set prices as high as they would want.

As for Mantle - till i wont see it in action by my own eyes on my rig i wont believe in that power.

Exactly this. Competition is good for everyone, especially the consumer. Anyone gleefully declaring "Nvidia is screwed!!1!" is an idiot; e.g. cutting off your nose to spite your face.

8-9 times the fps? Do I detect a hint of horse shit or... have I missed something?

I could now run my dream setup !!!!!!

bs1.JPG

I don't understand. The only thing in the tower is a power supply  :huh:

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

8-9 times the fps? Do I detect a hint of horse shit or... have I missed something?

I don't understand. The only thing in the tower is a power supply  :huh:

Who said that is the pc that is being used.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Who said that is the pc that is being used.

That's what I thought may be the case :P

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

As long as there is competition, I'm happy

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

You think hd 7770 + mantle will be good?

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

AMDs next gen GPUs are still a let down in my opinion. A closed graphics API and some audio crap that isn't needed... GG!

u dont even know what they are fully capable of.yet until they release them. if your not ecited about audio its fine. but have u experienced nice audio b4? 

I really don't think it'll be this insane, and if it is, nvidia can always come up with something or buy it from AMD, if it really is this good AMD would be stupid not to sell it to people, they'd make billions

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Nvidia is pretty screwed really, if they don't do anything....

The OP is exaggerating but hes kinda right.... if this mantle thing kicks off.

You do realise mantle is open... right? Nvidia can use mantle as well.

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

My opinion is out until we see some actual in depth articles giving us the numbers. This all kind of reminds me of glide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glide_API

You do realise mantle is open... right? Nvidia can use mantle as well.

Sure, they just have to change their architecture. 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X