Should i go 500hz or stick with 360hz?

Fugaroo

Hey all,

Got a new monitor which is in the return window for a few more days. It's a Alienware AW2523HF Gaming Monitor - 24.5-inch (1920x1080) 360Hz Display

I love it, in games like team fortress 2 i can hit a steady 360+ fps. I also noticed alienware has another monitor Alienware AW2524HF Gaming Monitor - 24.5-inch (1920x1080) 500Hz

Would i even notice the difference if i can push the fps above 360hz? So far on alienware i haven't seen much ghosting unless i'm really looking.

Thanks!

I can't imagine the 500hz monitor resulting in any noticeable change in any aspect let alone the 360hz monitor.

hUmAn'S cAn'T sEe MoRe ThAn 60hZ-

Okay well first off.... no...just...no

Also under near perfect conditions you might see the difference....other than that just ever so slightly less ghosting......

NOT worth the extra price

If you really have the beef to go up to 500hz, then at that point I would just do 1440p 300-360hz

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

if you play really competitive you may be able to notice the difference but for most ppl probably not

youll simply have to see for yourself wether or not you notice the diff going from 360 to 500 as we arent you and most of us probably wont notice the diff but you might notice

Unless you are in the top percentile of reaction time, and also have/will get high polling rate peripherals to match, it's very likely not worth it.

Thanks for all the feedback! I think i will stick with what i have then, i don't think i'm quite in the rare category of noticing 360hz vs 500hz.

You're well beyond diminishing returns at 360Hz.

I'd say your next upgrade step would be more like something in the 27" 1440p 360Hz range. But if you're happy with 1080p, just stick with your current monitor.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I mean depends, first what would be price difference to add, also if games you play can you retain high framerate. If not too much to add and you have fps and value extra clarity sure. If it adds a lot price wise and your fps is not suatained as high, probably not worth it. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

For really low motion blur there is BenQ Zowie TN panel 540Hz monitor with DyAc 2 technology (XL2586X) . But who wants TN panel? 

Asus has one with "E-Sports TN" panel, also with backlight strobing - ROG Swift Pro PG248QP.

But why?

I edit my posts more often than not