GUYS!!! DO YOU SERIOUSLY KNOW WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO THE GRAPHICS WORLD?

testiclemachine

Yeh ofc they will, but IF they don't for some reason, then yeh...bai bai nvidia.

Nvidia going down would be very bad to the market. Intel need AMD and same goes for AMD and Nvidia. Each new stuff they make/develope make other go forward and/or lower prices to attract clients. If any of those companies would go down the drain the standing company would set prices as high as they would want.

As for Mantle - till i wont see it in action by my own eyes on my rig i wont believe in that power.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Guys, as you are all going crazy about how Nvidia needs to do something, they already have, and its existed for a while. Its called NVAPI, It seems to be pretty much the same exact thing as Mantle, only for Nvidia cards, and not as much optimization as of now. Also, Frostbite 3 will support NVAPI, as did Frostbite 2.

Every topic I post in dies.

I love it how everyone is munching up these news. If it was really to be so, then why did no one ever come up with this before in the past I don't know how many years. -_-

They did. The old Voodoo cards had a hardware level API that was widely used for awhile, but the market was too fragmented for it to last because, just like with this, the API could only be used to develop for Voodoo cards and you still had to port to Direct X or something to get to the rest of the market. The reason Mantle is in such a great place to succeed is that it unifies the development process, to a certain extent, between PC and the new consoles. You can now bring a lot of the low level optimizations from consoles (the reason that they can hold similar performance with inferior hardware, less overhead) on to PCs with minimal effort. 

MY EYES!!!! STOP YELLING AT THEM

but seriously, this is both a good thing and a bad thing for the GPU industry...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Yeh ofc they will, but IF they don't for some reason, then yeh...bai bai nvidia.

Nvidia is not going anywhere, maxwell is probably coming in Q1 2014. Neither AMD nor Nvidia are going anywhere soon. This just means that there will be more competition in the gpu space. So just sit back and enjoy the fight.

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

Ohemgee... Like like the OP is a moron for believing 8-9 times performance increase.. Lol

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

nVidia will still have to power through the games like all GPUs have done for years. AMD will just have it easier when it comes to some games. Not a COD boy, but where is the post regarding COD announcement using Mantle? It's only been in everyone of the 20+ Mantle topics here on LTT.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Ohemgee... Like like the OP is a moron for believing 8-9 times performance increase.. Lol

It has 9x performance increase in the draw calls that the engine can give to the GPU. Please do some research before insulting someone...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

This means the 7950 can preform EVEN better?! YESSS!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This is good for those with AMD systems but it leaves Nvidia users out to dry :/ 

Hail Sithis!

This is good for those with AMD systems but it leaves Nvidia users out to dry :/ 

No. IF it performs as well as AMD claims (wont know until release) it helps Nvidia users (not immediately, but long term) as well as AMD users. New technology/innovation helps all consumers, it drives the market and forces both companies to create better products. Further, the 'end is nigh' talk regarding Nvidia is fairly silly, same thing was said about AMD when Titan came out. Wait until Nvidia responds with their next cards (8xx) which we should hear about later this year.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

No. IF it performs as well as AMD claims (wont know until release) it helps Nvidia users (not immediately, but long term) as well as AMD users. New technology/innovation helps all consumers, it drives the market and forces both companies to create better products. Further, the 'end is nigh' talk regarding Nvidia is fairly silly, same thing was said about AMD when Titan came out. Wait until Nvidia responds with their next cards (8xx) which we should hear about later this year.

See the new tech is only available on AMD Gpu's. Nvidia Gpu's won't support Mantle because Mantle only works with GCN architecture from AMD. Meaning that Nvidia will stay with direct X or devise their own implementation that is like Mantle but that would segment the market further than it is and developers will have to develop for potentially 4 Different Api's. 

Hail Sithis!

wow and i thought i was excited for Mantle i'm selling my 680 and putting the cash towards a 290x for sure this has been something that has needed to happen for a long time developers have been crying for something to take over DX but the only problem with that is that you have suit and tie people saying why on earth do we have to make our game using two different API's the Devs want it but not the top brass as its added expense and thats why you see AMD throwing 8 Million to EA.

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

See the new tech is only available on AMD Gpu's. Nvidia Gpu's won't support Mantle because Mantle only works with GCN architecture from AMD. Meaning that Nvidia will stay with direct X or devise their own implementation that is like Mantle but that would segment the market further than it is and developers will have to develop for potentially 4 Different Api's. 

Yes, I understand that. My comment was about how markets work not about this specific feature. The feature is an innovation, innovations push ALL players in a market, this by definition benefits consumers. Further, as i mentioned there is still no hands on with Mantle and we have yet to see Nvidia's response (later this year) therefore the doom and gloom band wagon is a little premature. Let me be clear, I hope this performs BETTER than AMD claims, I think Mantle is a great concept (as long as it doesnt become a bloated competitor to directX), this is great news for AMD. That doesnt not however mean that it is BAD news for Nvidia.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Yes, I understand that. My comment was about how markets work not about this specific feature. The feature is an innovation, innovations push ALL players in a market, this by definition benefits consumers. Further, as i mentioned there is still no hands on with Mantle and we have yet to see Nvidia's response (later this year) therefore the doom and gloom band wagon is a little premature. Let me be clear, I hope this performs BETTER than AMD claims, I think Mantle is a great concept (as long as it doesnt become a bloated competitor to directX), this is great news for AMD. That doesnt not however mean that it is BAD news for Nvidia.

Yeah I too am taking everything they say with a grain of salt. Until I see I am skeptical, but it is worrisome :/

Hail Sithis!

Yeah I too am taking everything they say with a grain of salt. Until I see I am skeptical, but it is worrisome :/

I just dont see the worry, its good for consumers (me) and it forces Nvidia to react and put out a better product. Same thing happened with Titan, thats why AMD called the 290x the Titan killer.

I won't be satisfied until I see numbers, you can say all you want but without evidence it is just hype.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

I won't be satisfied until I see numbers, you can say all you want but without evidence it is just hype.

Are you hyped?

Nvidia is pretty screwed really, if they don't do anything....

The OP is exaggerating but hes kinda right.... if this mantle thing kicks off.

Nope nvidia still has the game http://wccftech.com/battlefield-4-frostbite-3-support-amd-mantle-nvidia-nvapi-apis-pc-optimizations/

mantel works on both nvidia and amd !!! 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

nividia is done for if they seriously do not step up there game 

See the above discussion. This forces Nvidia to 'step up their game.' Nvidia will respond, just as AMD responds when Nvidia innovates.

As cool as these new AMD things are, I'm pretty sure nVidia has something up their sleeve. Don't count them out yet.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

As cool as these new AMD things are, I'm pretty sure nVidia has something up their sleeve. Don't count them out yet.

Completely agree. We flat out dont know what Nvidia has planed. Maybe they already had something new planned, maybe they are pushing a new feature sooner due to the AMD announcement. I think at this point its fairly obvious that they will respond (given that they are a major company who wants to ensure they still sell products).

Are you hyped?

I am excited for it yes, but I am not going to be making assumptions or statements until I see numbers. But speculation is all fair game, this might be the next big thing.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

It has 9x performance increase in the draw calls that the engine can give to the GPU. Please do some research before insulting someone...

Research.. Indeed.

Show me benchmarks running at 9x the fps please...

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log