Apex Legends crashing whole pc

QTheFemboy

After loading up and going into a game, not even 5 minutes in the game just bricks my pc and does not respond at all, I can’t even ctrl+alt+delete to open task manager the whole pc just freezes and I’m unable to do anything other than restart the pc. This never happened a few days ago, is anyone else having this issue or does anyone know how to fix this?

2 hours ago, QTheFemboy said:

After loading up and going into a game, not even 5 minutes in the game just bricks my pc and does not respond at all, I can’t even ctrl+alt+delete to open task manager the whole pc just freezes and I’m unable to do anything other than restart the pc. This never happened a few days ago, is anyone else having this issue or does anyone know how to fix this?

Did the game update recently? Have you installed anything in the past few days that may have caused this. What are your specs?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

18 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Did the game update recently? Have you installed anything in the past few days that may have caused this. What are your specs?

The game updated about 2 weeks ago, my parts aren’t the best but I use an i5-4690k, 16gb ddr3 ram and a gtx 1660 super but my parts were never the problem since before the update it worked perfectly fine at a steady 100 fps, I’ve tried verifying game files, updating drivers and fully reinstalling the game but still same result, this doesn’t happen to any of my friends at all and finally I don’t believe it’s anything I downloaded since I upgraded windows so I formatted my ssd so there’s nothing malicious that could really be on there

On 5/18/2024 at 4:40 AM, QTheFemboy said:

The game updated about 2 weeks ago, my parts aren’t the best but I use an i5-4690k, 16gb ddr3 ram and a gtx 1660 super but my parts were never the problem since before the update it worked perfectly fine at a steady 100 fps, I’ve tried verifying game files, updating drivers and fully reinstalling the game but still same result, this doesn’t happen to any of my friends at all and finally I don’t believe it’s anything I downloaded since I upgraded windows so I formatted my ssd so there’s nothing malicious that could really be on there

Hmm, can you go back and play on the older version of the game before the recent update?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

hmm yeah your parts never were the problem, but they're old... usually something like that could be ram related or even mobo. maybe psu. how old is the psu? 

what's the psu anyway (brand, model, wattage)?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity