Britain's EU Referendum

Duck-dono
1 minute ago, laminutederire said:

Then try to put some work into controlling your borders and stop blaming France for it being too loose.

How can we when we have to let in anyone from the EU under the terms of being an EU member state?

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

How can we when we have to let in anyone from the EU under the terms of being an EU member state?

We both know you're going to quit EU but you'll still ask the EU to pay to prevent immigrants to stay away from your island.

European internal immigration is not an issue in other countries though..

45 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

We both know you're going to quit EU but you'll still ask the EU to pay to prevent immigrants to stay away from your island.

European internal immigration is not an issue in other countries though..

Because other countries arent as desirable to move to as the UK is.

Linus is my fetish.

3 hours ago, laminutederire said:

If the UK leave it probably won't ever come back to the EU. EU countries don't want the UK in it to be honest.

The Union is a dream of collaboration, and we've seen enough of the British money-driven bullshit to know that the UK doesn't want to have a future based on friendships and help.

(Sorry for the language)

Edit: Besides, it isn't like the UK is really in the EU, you have neither Euro currency or the will to be in the Schengen space. Both are symbols of European values UK doesn't share.

Say this again when you need troops to save your ass.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

BTW theres actually a reason why I hate EU migration to the UK. We have so little housing space that in recent years landlords were forced to evict disabled tenants to make space for Romanians and refugees.

Its funny that Norway isnt an EU member and has severely strict immigration laws compared to the UK, but no one cares about that, lets just blame the evil UK for wanting to 'leave Europe' and have tighter controls on its own borders.

This, we also have to give up our own jobs for these arrogant pricks who come into our country knowing they will get a silver spoon and food on the table.

English folk actually have less rights than these people from their own countries.

Yes they call us arrogant, we have reason to be, we have literally everything taken from us.

We have to fight other peoples wars, put up with their failed countries abandoned people, and give our own land to them.. LOL get out of here.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

Edit: Besides, it isn't like the UK is really in the EU, you have neither Euro currency or the will to be in the Schengen space. Both are symbols of European values UK doesn't share.

What the fuck, why would we want the Euro when we still have the worlds strongest currency? You honestly have no clue what your blabbering about, Europe did exist before and without the EU, and it can surely manage without it as well. It serves absolutely no purpose but draining every member states wealth in order to maintain it.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, hex4 said:

This, we also have to give up our own jobs for these arrogant pricks who come into our country knowing they will get a silver spoon and food on the table.

English folk actually have less rights than these people from their own countries.

Yes they call us arrogant, we have reason to be, we have literally everything taken from us.

We have to fight other peoples wars, out up with their failed countries abandoned people, and give our own land to them.. LOL get out of here.

Refugees get a free house, television and sky subscription.

And wheres my free house? Oh right, I cant have one because unfortunately I was born in the UK instead of seeking refuge there.

Linus is my fetish.

3 hours ago, rhyseyness said:

Also I feel like voting leave is the "most British" thing to do.

We built an empire on "fuck it, let's see what happens."

We built our empire on largely on trade and once the industrial revolution kicked off technological superiority, with shamefully lots of brutality and slavery too. It wasn't meticulously planed, more a constant search for new money making opportunities but it definitely wasn't a fuck it let's see what happens roll of the dice, nor was did it involve purposefully cutting ourselves off from a valuable trading partner.

The Union is a dream of collaboration, and we've seen enough of the British money-driven bullshit to know that the UK doesn't want to have a future based on friendships and help.

(Sorry for the language)

Most of the countries are money driven, and far from friendly, look at Germany's attitude to Greece. Look at how much help Italy have been given dealing with migrant crisis despite their pleas for help, most EU countries attitude is "not our shores, not our problem"  leaving Italy and poor old Greece to deal with the worst of it. And the migrant crisis and terror attacks have seen Schengen countries close their borders.

I guess we are more open about money being a motivator for us than most, but it still drives every last EU member state.

And the Euro can't last forever, it leads to smaller, less developed, countries to being stuck with a currency that is far to strong for them, leaving their goods and services uncompetitive on the global market. While Germany has a currency that is far weaker than if it still had the Mark, driving their export market at great force, at the expense of the smaller Euro zone countries. The financial straight jacket that the Euro imposes on governments has exacerbated the economic problems in many countries, and driven high unemployment rates particularly among the young. The Euro moves prosperity from the poorer countries to the richer ones and is the worst thing the EU has ever done.

Personally I'm on the remain side, the economic turmoil it would create us leaving would be catastrophic for us, the EU, and possibly the whole global economy, fragile as it is at the moment . Nor do I believe isolationism is a good thing, or a very British thing.

4 hours ago, revsilverspine said:

If the UK ends up separating itself from the EU I hope they send immigrants back home. I know my reasons are petty and fairly cruel, but I'd love to see a lot of them going back to their countries and their failed lives. [/rant]

you know you are sending them back to be killed by isis

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

you know you are sending them back to be killed by isis

Mostly thinking of Europeans, not refugees

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

14 minutes ago, Bhav said:

And wheres my free house? Oh right, I cant have one because unfortunately I was born in the UK instead of seeking refuge there.

ok but first give up your house and your property. you think the refugees want to leave their homes to come here

21 minutes ago, Bhav said:

What the fuck, why would we want the Euro when we still have the worlds strongest currency? You honestly have no clue what your blabbering about, Europe did exist before and without the EU, and it can surely manage without it as well. It serves absolutely no purpose but draining every member states wealth in order to maintain it.

A strong currency isn't necessarily a good thing, it makes your exports expensive, and with a thumping great big trade deficit, such as ours, a strong currency is a liability.  Also I'm 99% sure Sterling isn't the worlds strongest currency.

19 minutes ago, Bhav said:

I strongly doubt they get Sky. Refugees are different to EU migrants, in that they are fleeing danger, and as a rich country we have a moral obligation to take our fair share in and provide them with shelter, and refugees numbers would be unaffected by us leaving the EU. EU migrants have no more right to council housing than UK citizens, and go on  the same lengthy waiting list as UK citizens. There is a lot of bollocks put out about what immigrants get.

Plus also as part of our divorce settlement we may get an arrangement like Switzerland, and still have free movement of people, and still pay into the EU budget, so leave doesn't necessarily mean the flow of EU migrants slowing down.

1 minute ago, Monkey Dust said:

A strong currency is necessarily a good thing, it makes your exports expensive, and with a thumping great big trade deficit, such as ours, a strong currency is a liability.  Also I'm 99% sure Sterling is the worlds strongest currency.

I strongly doubt they get Sky. Refugees are different to EU migrants, in that they are fleeing danger, and as a rich country we have a moral obligation to take our fair share in and provide them with shelter, and refugees numbers would be unaffected by us leaving the EU. EU migrants have no more right to council housing than UK citizens, and go on  the same lengthy waiting list as UK citizens. There is a lot of bollocks put out about what immigrants get.

Plus also as part of our divorce settlement we may get an arrangement like Switzerland, and still have free movement of people, and still pay into the EU budget, so leave doesn't necessarily mean the flow of EU migrants slowing down.

No you are correct they don't get Sky, they get Virgin top package with fastest fiber internet and a mercedies.

14 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

ok but first give up your house and your property. you think the refugees want to leave their homes to come here

What house and property? I don't have any. Refugees don't exactly need to travel all the way to the UK, we are far from the closest safe country.

Why exactly is migration to the UK so much more vast in numbers than the rest of Europe? And when we try to refuse people, the EU overlords cry about us breaching human rights.

So why don't all the migrants / refugees try going to Norway instead? Oh right, because they won't let them in.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

What house and property? I don't have any.

and have your friend and family murdered by isis

You guys are right, Europe is so bad, so leave it in its misery. I personnally think we'd be better off.

As for the EU problem, it's exactly the same issue that each and every democratic country had,  and it will ne solved rather easily in a decade or so

5 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

and have your friend and family murdered by isis

I'd celebrate that. And its your countries fault anyway.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

You guys are right, Europe is so bad, so leave it in its misery. I personnally think we'd be better off.

As for the EU problem, it's exactly the same issue that each and every democratic country had,  and it will ne solved rather easily in a decade or so

Lol Greece.

Linus is my fetish.

7 minutes ago, Bhav said:

I'd celebrate that. And its your countries fault anyway.

yes I agree that it is largely our fault but returning and refusing refugees is against international law. and you are a messed up person to celebrate the death of your friends and family

It's not like a referendum does a whole lot anyways.

The Netherlands recently (well, maybe two months ago now) had a referendum about some trade thing between us and Ukraine, majority voted against it I believe and the government was just like "yeah, we'll take this in consideration" or something. They might as well have said "yeah, we know you guys voted this, but fuck you".

I believe a Brexit is not a good idea to be honest. The UK already has their own currency (GBP), so they are not that much hindered by that decreasing in value. It probably does help that a lot of European tourists can more easily come to their country and the import and export is a lot easier than it would be if they weren't in the EU.

But oh well, what do I know..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Jesus UK get your shit together...

You used to have a little self respect.

Now you just roll over for any friggen socialized bullshit.

53 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

yes I agree that it is largely our fault but returning and refusing refugees is against international law. and you are a messed up person to celebrate the death of your friends and family

Humans suck and I openly dream of humans going extinct. I am a proud misanthrope.

Linus is my fetish.

6 minutes ago, maulemall said:

Jesus UK get your shit together...

You used to have a little self respect.

Now you just roll over for any friggen socialized bullshit.

What actually happened that led to this referendum becoming a thing and why so many people wanted out of the EU:

Immigrants from middle east found guilty of terrorist plots / actions.

UK law trials judge them to be deported.

The criminals appeal to the EU human rights courts.

The EU over rides UK law and tells us that the criminal immigrants must stay and be imprisoned in the UK because deporting them is a violation of their human rights.

David Cameron comes along with a whole campaign of 'no human rights for criminals / terrorists'.

Most UK citizens agree. Only solution to the bullshit EU courts over ruling us is to leave the EU.

Now what exactly is too hard to understand about this? We dont want to be governed by fucking useless Brussels. 

Linus is my fetish.

3 minutes ago, Bhav said:

What actually happened that led to this referendum becoming a thing and why so many people wanted out of the EU:

Immigrants from middle east found guilty of terrorist plots / actions.

UK law trials judge them to be deported.

The criminals appeal to the EU human rights courts.

The EU over rides UK law and tells us that the criminal immigrants must stay and be imprisoned in the UK because deporting them is a violation of their human rights.

David Cameron comes along with a whole campaign of 'no human rights for criminals / terrorists'.

Most UK citizens agree. Only solution to the bullshit EU courts over ruling us is to leave the EU.

Now what exactly is too hard to understand about this? We dont want to be governed by fucking useless Brussels. 

100% fucking agree..

What I wouldn't give for a friggen Churchill or Thatcher right now.