Halo 5 Forge Coming to Windows 10

http://news.xbox.com/2016/05/19/forging-ahead-the-halo-forge-experience-comes-to-windows-10-pc/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re bring this same spirit of creation and collaboration to the PC later this year with Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10. Best of all? It will be absolutely free. In addition to the evolutions already present in the mode on Xbox One, Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 will include some exciting new features designed specifically with PC users in mind, including:

• Keyboard & Mouse Support – For the first time ever, Forgers will have the option of using a keyboard & mouse allowing for more precision control than ever before.
  • Increased Resolution – Support for multiple resolutions including 4k.
  • Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10.
  • Build on Windows 10 and Publish to Xbox One – Experiences built on Windows 10 can be published to and played on Xbox One, opening the doors for countless new experiences to be enjoyed by players all over the world.

If you’re already finding yourself excited about the incredible possibilities that are opened up by expanding Forge to the Windows 10 platform, trust us, you’re not alone. 343 Industries UGC Director, Tom French, and his team are already chomping at the bit to get these new creative tools into the hands of the community.

Edit: more clarification on how things will work. 

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/halo-5-online-multiplayer-forge-mode-are-coming-to-windows-10-for-free/

This whole thing is basically Forge, and possibly Custom Games if I'm reading this right, for free. But you can only play matches with people you invite from your friends list.

Edit 2: Josh Holmes (Executive Producer at 343i) had this to say after having some saying they love him.
Fake Edit 3:

Frank O'Connor said this regard porting the whole game over:

I agree. However for folks wondering why we don't "just" port the whole game - realtalk:

While I personally believe it's an evergreen masterpiece of whimsy and wonder, it would be a year old by the time Forge released, and given the architecture, cloud, matchmaking, etc etc etc etc differences between platforms, it would be neither trivial to port, nor uncompromised in that process, given it was designed with targeted Xbox One perf in mind to begin with. 

Both audiences deserve better than that, as you'll see with Halo Wars 2 onwards, which was designed with Xbox AND PC in mind from scratch and makes the most of each platform's relative strengths.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204109737&postcount=140

MORE EDITS:

Custom games confirmed: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/a-whole-new-level

Q: Can I use mouse and keyboard when I play Custom Games and test my Forge creations on Windows 10, or only when I build?

A: Yes! Mouse and keyboard support will be offered for both gameplay as well as within the creative experience in Forge on Windows 10.

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

2 minutes ago, Ze_Mako said:

dear god. The cancer is spreading. Soon it will be completely uncurable.

Just release the whole fucking game. I've never seen a bigger bunch of idiots that don't like free money.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

dear god. The cancer is spreading. Soon it will be completely uncurable.

I loved halo 3 forge... No idea about anything past 3 though. Well, reach was meh imo.

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Just release the whole fucking game. I've never seen a bigger bunch of idiots that don't like free money.

They're doing what Turn 10 is doing with that Forza Apex thing, testing the engine in a PC environment outside of internal labs.

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

I loved halo 3 forge... No idea about anything past 3 though. Well, reach was meh imo.

I kinda liked reach's forge. However, it did lack that ghetto feel in the Halo 3 forge that made it extremely fun to mess around with your friends.

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

1 minute ago, IvanSnipedYu said:

I kinda liked reach's forge. However, it did lack that ghetto feel in the Halo 3 forge that made it extremely fun to mess around with your friends.

I liked reach's forge, I didn't like the maps. Needs.... What was it? Foundry?

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

I liked reach's forge, I didn't like the maps. Needs.... What was it? Foundry?

I going to be honest I don't remember the names of the maps. Its been like 5 years since I've played reach! LOL

On a side note, I understand why Microsoft refuse to release Halo on PC. If they did, Xbox would lose their only meaningful exclusive. They gotta compete with sony ya know XD.

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

1 minute ago, IvanSnipedYu said:

I don't remember the names, but I remember the layouts. There was one I liked.

7 minutes ago, Ze_Mako said:

They're doing what Turn 10 is doing with that Forza Apex thing, testing the engine in a PC environment outside of internal labs.

and testing to see if people are interested

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I don't remember the names, but I remember the layouts. There was one I liked.

Forge World?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I misread the title and was thinking "o00o0o0 Halo 5 is coming to PC!?!?! Now I never need an Xbox one!"

I am disappointed...I don't want that shit! I want the full game! I don't even care if it's as buggy as the Halo MC Collection

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Pretty much. But they're well aware of the "demand" for Halo on PC.

3 minutes ago, niofalpha said:

Is that the open semi-blank-canvas with some mountains and a crevice? 

5 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

reach_mp_hemorrhage03.jpg

halo-reach-20100722114237915-000.jpg

Why can't they release the whole fucking thing already.

144Hz goodness

4 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Forge World was the forge map in Halo Reach. That's basically what you're describing. I fucked around on it all the time.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Frank O'Connor said this regard porting the whole game over:

I agree. However for folks wondering why we don't "just" port the whole game - realtalk:

While I personally believe it's an evergreen masterpiece of whimsy and wonder, it would be a year old by the time Forge released, and given the architecture, cloud, matchmaking, etc etc etc etc differences between platforms, it would be neither trivial to port, nor uncompromised in that process, given it was designed with targeted Xbox One perf in mind to begin with. 

Both audiences deserve better than that, as you'll see with Halo Wars 2 onwards, which was designed with Xbox AND PC in mind from scratch and makes the most of each platform's relative strengths.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204109737&postcount=140

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

That roughly equates to "because it would be difficult and we're too lazy."

I guess???

It makes sense though. Why port all of Halo 5 now when they're already working on Halo 6 and other smaller projects. Halo 5 was designed with only the Xbone in mind and before UWP was even a thing. Why rework the whole game when they can just barf out Halo 6 on both platforms? But of course the PC version of Halo 6 would be released after the Xbone version ;)

22 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Well they've gotta have been living on Mars if they don't know PC players want Halo.

This seems like a great way of getting the engine up to speed ready for the next full release which will hopefully get a simultaneous launch on both XB & PC.

Personally I haven't enjoyed a Halo since the first one though I haven't played Reach or 5 at all, 2 was meh and 3 was OK but not amazing plus the campaign was so short and easy it was a joke.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Something! Something Halo related on pc! 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.