Halo 5 Forge Coming to Windows 10

11 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

Unfortunately they say they couldn't make split screen work with their locked 60FPS design they went with for Halo 5

They could have done what battlefront did and run split screen at 1080 30.

The engine had issues when running at 30fps. I mean, it CAN run at 30fps but stuff tends to break because of physics and other things.

The engine is kind of a mess to begin with since they're using decade old code in it and the whole dynamic resolution thing combined with low framerate animations for distant NPCs and Players messes up when running at a lower framerate. 

I'm really curious as to how the engine will run on PCs and what the system requirements will be.

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

22 minutes ago, Ze_Mako said:

The engine had issues when running at 30fps. I mean, it CAN run at 30fps but stuff tends to break because of physics and other things.

The engine is kind of a mess to begin with since they're using decade old code in it and the whole dynamic resolution thing combined with low framerate animations for distant NPCs and Players messes up when running at a lower framerate. 

I'm really curious as to how the engine will run on PCs and what the system requirements will be.

not to doubt your knowledge, but isn't this all based on speculation?

The beta was 720p with a variable frame rate

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

4 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

The beta was a much older build and didn't have the dynamic resolution was put into place, and on top of that the engine wasn't fully optimized yet so it has a lower resolution and unstable framerate. You need to remember that beta was taking place almost a whole year before launch and the build used was already a few months old at the time of the beta.

They primarily targeted 60fps since it would provide a better gameplay experience and after having the previous four games being recently remastered at a relatively stable 60fps (Halo 4 has issues keeping a solid 60 as displayed by Digital Foundry) it would have been a bit jarring for players to go back to 30fps. 

For an example of why 60fps was targeted and a dynamic resolution was put into place you'll have to look at Halo 2 Anniversary which used the Halo 5 engine for it's dedicated multiplayer mode. It rendered at a full 1080p and keep a pretty stable 60fps. But once you go into splitscreen the engine would experience FPS issues and have other odd behaviors. 

A lot of compromises were made to keep a 60fps experience. I hope for Halo 6 they either fix up the engine or develop a new one that brings back splitscreen. 

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

3 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

This.

We don't know how Halo 5 would run at 30 FPS because it never does (the game is pretty much a perfect 60FPS all the time due to dynamic resolution), but I'd imagine they tied physics to the framerate.

Removing splitscreen in favor of a better solo experience was a brave move and probably one of the reasons the game didn't do as good as the predecessors (combined with their stupid obsession for sprinting and armor abilities). If they ever bring a Halo fps to PC it atleast should have legacy options and unlocked framerate - then I'll be happy.

144Hz goodness

Just realised that this means that I'll be able to rip weapons, armour and vehicle models out of the game... OH HAPPY DAY!

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

But not the game itself? Um, ok? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

50 minutes ago, ivhyn said:

This.

We don't know how Halo 5 would run at 30 FPS because it never does (the game is pretty much a perfect 60FPS all the time due to dynamic resolution), but I'd imagine they tied physics to the framerate.

Removing splitscreen in favor of a better solo experience was a brave move and probably one of the reasons the game didn't do as good as the predecessors (combined with their stupid obsession for sprinting and armor abilities). If they ever bring a Halo fps to PC it atleast should have legacy options and unlocked framerate - then I'll be happy.

30fps test builds do exist. But what matters is if they work or not, for the most part they kind of didn't from what I've been told. And yeah, the physics are tied to the framerate just like how they are in the Halo 2 Anniversary build of the Halo 5 engine. 

Qy71Bls.jpg

As for sprint and armor abilities, they can be disabled in custom games.

why do people even care? Halo as been shit ever since 4

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 5/19/2016 at 0:22 PM, ivan134 said:

Just release the whole fucking game. I've never seen a bigger bunch of idiots that don't like free money.

If they release the whole fucking game you would see a bigger bunch of idiots: xbone fans whining about how they are not special fucking twinkie stars no more because of the game coexisting on PC. We've seen it before.

-------

Current Rig

-------