Halo 5 Forge Coming to Windows 10

People still play Halo-CE, people play that Russian ported Halo 3, and people will pay for, buy, and play Halo 5 or 6 if it is properly on the PC.  That was one of the big, original LAN games.  I remember being young and looking at Halo and DOOM, and they made the cut everytime.  Got a bunch of friends over?  Play those, and you have hours of fun.  They're such idiots.

This isn't going to even be an engine test, I don't think they want another halo online to happen, where people just take the content and make their own game. This will be an editor like blender, just with prefab components.

Can't wait for nearly nobody to use this to make maps, as they will only be able to make maps for a different platform. Only a few of the people who already have the game on Xbox will use this.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

5 minutes ago, UnknownEngineer said:

This isn't going to even be an engine test, I don't think they want another halo online to happen, where people just take the content and make their own game. This will be an editor like blender, just with prefab components.

Can't wait for nearly nobody to use this to make maps, as they will only be able to make maps for a different platform. Only a few of the people who already have the game on Xbox will use this.

Considering it'll be using UWP, and have a much lower chance of the source code leaking, I don't think another Halo Online incident will happen.

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

6 hours ago, Ze_Mako said:

Considering it'll be using UWP, and have a much lower chance of the source code leaking, I don't think another Halo Online incident will happen.

Another incident won't happen and nobody will play it either. UWP sucks!

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

Updated the OP with more/new info.

This whole thing is basically Forge, and possibly Custom Games if I'm reading this right, for free. But you can only play matches with people you invite from your friends list.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/halo-5-online-multiplayer-forge-mode-are-coming-to-windows-10-for-free/

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

10 hours ago, TrigrH said:

still waiting to play halo 3...

One of the best shooters ever made. 

A proper PC port with fov sliders would sell like hotcakes, even with UWP. 

And at higher resolutions it aged very well. 

144Hz goodness

20 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

I liked reach's forge, I didn't like the maps. Needs.... What was it? Foundry?

I believe Foundry is a Halo 3 map. Could be wrong though.

1 minute ago, TehStranger? said:

Correct. I was saying that Reach NEEDS Foundry, or a map like it. I loved Foundry on 3.

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Correct. I was saying that Reach NEEDS Foundry, or a map like it. I loved Foundry on 3.

Oh haha forgive me. Yeah that was one of my favourite maps, especially for Forge.

• Keyboard & Mouse Support
  • Increased Resolution – Support for multiple resolutions including 4k.

Amazing new technology! Excitement! This is the future of gaming people!!!!

Keyboard & Mouse Support !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

7 minutes ago, TehStranger? said:

Oh haha forgive me. Yeah that was one of my favourite maps, especially for Forge.

I adored stuff like Prison Break and Predator on it :) 

Seems like there is more to come in the future regarding Halo and PC. Josh Holmes is the Executive Producer at 343i.

1 hour ago, Ze_Mako said:

Seems like there is more to come in the future regarding Halo and PC. Josh Holmes is the Executive Producer at 343i.

Oh gods I hope that's not just the standard microsoft 'Halo might come to pc' BS we've been getting for literally a decade...

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Well seeing as PC is getting Halo Wars 2 and now Halo 5's Froge mode this is huge improvement compared the garbage release of Halo 2 Vista with GFWL and those stupid twin stick shooters.

This is not that exciting... wake me when they actually have a match making system designed for PC.... and they return Halo to its roots and not this sprint/ability BS.

The Black Friday Rig: 

[PCPartPicker part list](https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QyvH8K)
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor] | $280.00 
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | $19.99 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $175.00 
**Memory** | [Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] | $94.99 
**Storage** | [Corsair Force LE 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive] | $85.99 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $64.00 
**Video Card** | [Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card] | $319.99 
**Case** | [Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case] | $89.00 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]| $109.00 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | **Total** | **$1322.95**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-27 18:34 EST-0500 |

2 minutes ago, CeremonialSnips said:

This is not that exciting... wake me when they actually have a match making system designed for PC.... and they return Halo to its roots and not this sprint/ability BS.

Without delving into a massive argument, not sure I want that. Playing the MCC made me realise just how slow it was back then compared to now.. Not sure I could go back.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

1 minute ago, Serin said:

Without delving into a massive argument, not sure I want that. Playing the MCC made me realise just how slow it was back then compared to now.. Not sure I could go back.

To each there own... but there is still a large part of the community that prefers the slower game play, I mean there's customs... but, not the same.  I thought I couldn't stand not having sprint after reach... but I adjusted after a day or two.

The Black Friday Rig: 

[PCPartPicker part list](https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QyvH8K)
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor] | $280.00 
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | $19.99 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $175.00 
**Memory** | [Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] | $94.99 
**Storage** | [Corsair Force LE 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive] | $85.99 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $64.00 
**Video Card** | [Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card] | $319.99 
**Case** | [Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case] | $89.00 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]| $109.00 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | **Total** | **$1322.95**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-27 18:34 EST-0500 |

Custom games confirmed: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/a-whole-new-level

Q: Can I use mouse and keyboard when I play Custom Games and test my Forge creations on Windows 10, or only when I build?

A: Yes! Mouse and keyboard support will be offered for both gameplay as well as within the creative experience in Forge on Windows 10.

Unless this has split screen multiplayer, my living room PC will be disappointed.

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

Unless this has split screen multiplayer, my living room PC will be disappointed.

Halo 5 doesn't have splitscreen. 

144Hz goodness

On 5/19/2016 at 10:22 AM, ivan134 said:

Just release the whole fucking game. I've never seen a bigger bunch of idiots that don't like free money.

I'd love to play halo again, since I first played H3 back in 2007 I've read all the books and gotten really into the lore... I agree it's free money halo was my favorite FPS/

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

Fuck you Microsoft, fuck you.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 5/20/2016 at 5:07 AM, Ze_Mako said:

Updated the OP with more/new info.

This whole thing is basically Forge, and possibly Custom Games if I'm reading this right, for free. But you can only play matches with people you invite from your friends list.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/halo-5-online-multiplayer-forge-mode-are-coming-to-windows-10-for-free/

Correct

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

On 5/21/2016 at 10:51 PM, Lotus said:

Unfortunately they say they couldn't make split screen work with their locked 60FPS design they went with for Halo 5

They could have done what battlefront did and run split screen at 1080 30.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R