HTC VIVE SHIPPING MAKE ME ANGRY!!!!!

ProfessorChaos

So i emailed htc and called them originally i got the processing email like this one http://imgur.com/a/wviOF then they tried to charge me for my vive pre-order but my card was an old one that recently expired so they cancelled the order by default i contacted tha support via telephone and they made a new order for me, and i was told my order was still the same spot in line a.k.a i will get my vive the same day i was originally going to get it. then i found out the vives are being delivered april 5th, yeah ill get my vive 2 days sooner then expected.Hold up they didn't email me shipping info so i tweeted at them they replied saying vives are being shipped daily throughout april and that mine will be shipped soon. So im not very mad but am still quite upset. Why you ask well i pre-ordered the vive expecting it to ship on april 5th like most pre-orders the shipping day is the release day and the fact that they can't even give me an estimate on when it will arrive is so frustrating. For the whole month of april until my vive ships i will be kinda irritated. why can't releases be smoother. who else is fed up with the way htc handled the launch. reply with any stories of  your pre-order experience with vive

CPUi7 5820k

MotherboardAsRock x99 extreme4

RAM16gb (4x4gb)

GPUgtx 980ti zotac amp

CaseNZXT Phantom Windowed Edition Black

Storage2tb hdd and Crucial MX 200 250 gb SSD

PSU750 watt cool master

Display(s)2 monitors both 1080p

Cooling80mm water cooling for cpu

KeyboardRazer Ultimate 2013 mechanical 

KeyboardMouseRazer Hex Naga (green gloss)

Operating System windows 10

uh, well you preordered something...

has nobody taught you the "no preorders" rule?

second, are you kidding me? you cant wait a couple more weeks to receive your new toy? Like, did nobody teach you what patience is??

third, this is a brand new technology release, the rift already has a part shortage and orders are being delayed, you cant expect the vive to have a flawless release either

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hey man I haven't got enough money for an HTC VIVE but that shit happens whenever you preorder anything remotely popular that shit happens occasionally with amazon well more like USPS those shitheads are terrible in Dallas but anyways best you can do is just calm down I guess just be addicted to a steam game for a few days until it comes so yeah and btw whenever it does come please let me know how it feels, plays and stuff y'know

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

It's not their fault is it? From what you said, it sounds like the delay is due to your card expiring. Not that its really anyone's fault, just unfortunate timing.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Yeah but like if my company had a big launch for a product they would see how many the warehouse ships a day and let you know how much longer or at least give more info on the item lookup

And no im no saying i cant wait i do care at all about that but if a company says we are shipping the device april 5th and they dont just give out better info on when the orders should be out by, i mean the shipping was 30$, again i dont care about waiting if they told me today it was coming april 25th i would be bummed but at least i would wake up wondering if today was the day. The card thing does cause a delay your 100% right but once fixed my order should be back to normal

CPUi7 5820k

RAM16gb (4x4gb)

GPUgtx 980ti zotac amp

PSU750 watt cool master

9 minutes ago, ProfessorChaos said:

And no im no saying i cant wait i do care at all about that but if a company says we are shipping the device april 5th and they dont just give out better info on when the orders should be out by, i mean the shipping was 30$, again i dont care about waiting if they told me today it was coming april 25th i would be bummed but at least i would wake up wondering if today was the day. The card thing does cause a delay your 100% right but once fixed my order should be back to normal

I do believe they said "Orders start shipping April 5th" 

That doesn't mean every order will ship on 04/05/2016... You will get an email confirmation when yours does. Calm down, and be grateful you can afford a Vive. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

I care enough to post something, but I don't care enough to agree with either side.

Because I again, care enough to have an opinion about VR but don't care enough to want it or be against it.

Indifference it's great.

I could have a spiel about how a lot of my feelings towards things and whatnot have been generally met with quite a bit of indifference.

Edited by wcreek

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Everyone calm down. I know how he feels. He is probably anxious to get it (as anyone would be) and waiting several weeks can be a let down when you where expecting it sooner. 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

1 minute ago, Trey222 said:

Everyone calm down. I know how he feels. He is probably anxious to get it (as anyone would be) and waiting several weeks can be a let down when you where expecting it sooner. 

Here's a good response. While I do think think it's sort of silly to be angry at HTC for not having an absolutely perfect launch for some pretty new tech and the fact that OP had the misfortune of their payment method being expired so they had to get a new order. Also with the side that says OP should be grateful and whatnot.

But also with the feelings OP might have.

Though what you've just said does bring a more understanding sort of thing.
Because I know for sure that my post about indifference to all sides really didn't change anything.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

5 minutes ago, Trey222 said:

I think OP is upset because he is expecting first class treatment for buying something, as if he was the only one that htc has to ship to

Clearly he doesnt understand how shipping works and how a company like that has to deal with thousands of packages being shipped out

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

We don't have a lot of choice, none of the players in this space are delivering. If you bought a Rift you won't even know what the situation is with shipping until 12th April, for a launch date of the 28th March! If you ordered a HTC Vive you got a nebulous April or May delivery date and they rolled over to June in some regions.

Neither company did a great job of estimating their production capabilities because both have had preorders sat there knowing full well the demand for an entire quarter so this is mostly about how much product they produced and can ship. You are at least lucky enough to have an April delivery so you should get yours soon, I have no idea if my May delivery means early May or late and 2 months just feels a long time away. But this is the nature of wildly popular early hardware like this, the preorders sell out and retail delivery is months and months after the initial release. Unlike games preordering does make sense as there genuinely is limited supply, but in this case HTC only noted April and while you might want to have come already (who wouldn't?!) the reality is they are meeting their obligation to you. Although I would also question companies decisions to release a product where preorders are spread over an entire quarter, that I think is a bit rude generally but you have no other choice.

Get over it. If you don't want to wait, you can cancel your order. Systems are in place for this sort of thing, and if they don't work you are out of luck.

From the point of view of someone who actually works in a warehouse, and packs and ships things on a daily basis:

There is only so much that can move through the doors in a single day. Someone has to verify the payment methods, find, and pack the individual item, and then that item waits in line to be manifested and sent to a carrier.

It takes time. Especially when EVERYBODY wants an item from you, it's hard to satisfy everyone at the same time.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Did you expect same day delivery? You're lucky they let you keep your place in 'line'. It's more common when something like that happens that you get pushed to the end as if you just bought it. You would have probably had to wait even longer.... 

All the major VR makers are low stock, it shouldn't be a surprised you have to wait a little longer for, IMO, the fanciest one lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I do sympathize a bit. I think you were a bit naive to expect it day one, but I know how annoying the lack of communication from both companies has been. My Rift order says 'May', nothing else. And the recent email we all receive feels like they may be preparing people for further delays.

The truth is, these devices are launching similar to how last gen consoles did. I remember there being a huge lack of stock of Wii's at launch and it was all over the news at Christmas time. The PS3 had a similar issue at launch. On one hand, they could hold off launch and build up stock (A rumored reason for PSVR being delayed) but neither Valve or Oculus wanted to be launching so far after their rival. (Again with the Console analogy, the Xbox 360 had a strong foothold by the time the PS3 launched) 

The other alternative is you stick to your release window (it had been pushed back from the previous year already) Get the device in reviewers hands and simply ship as fast as you can build. This was their choice, and financially, probably the best option.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Assembly of any product is very dependent on the vendors which supply the parts. Even worse if any part has to be ordered as LLM. Only thing to do is to wait. I haven't had any issues with my Oculus pre-order. Made the initial pre-order, received an update after launch, and can hopefully expect an additional update soon. Delays are the norm not the exception in my business, so I never expected immediate delivery. 

Must be your first Order.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

i order my vive 2mins after preorders opened, should i have been charged by now?, they put a hold on my card twice but withdrew it both times (the hold was for the full price of the vive), I have a large enough limit on my debit card, should i talk to support because i am worried about them thinking there is an issue and canceling my order. or should i calm down a just wait. cheers

3 hours ago, Floid said:

i order my vive 2mins after preorders opened, should i have been charged by now?, they put a hold on my card twice but withdrew it both times (the hold was for the full price of the vive), I have a large enough limit on my debit card, should i talk to support because i am worried about them thinking there is an issue and canceling my order. or should i calm down a just wait. cheers

Seems to be an issue with the company that is processing their credit card orders, all the Vive's that shipped were paypal based. We know somewhat what happened but not when it'll be fixed and HTC aren't telling us about the issue. Something has gone wrong with the processing of payments and its holding everything up.

Some cheese with your wine, sir...

cheese-wedge.gif  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

they told me that they put a hold on the card to verify funds then they take the hold off until the unit is given a shipment number. the supervisor over the phone also stated i will get my tracking info no later then sunday and if for some reason i dont get the tracking info tomorrow or sunday that i should call again. im in the US and i ordered within a few minutes of launch. chances are you will get tracking info by sunday.

CPUi7 5820k

RAM16gb (4x4gb)

GPUgtx 980ti zotac amp

PSU750 watt cool master

On 4/7/2016 at 4:31 AM, Floid said:

they told me that they put a hold on the card to verify funds then they take the hold off until the unit is given a shipment number. the supervisor over the phone also stated i will get my tracking info no later then sunday and if for some reason i dont get the tracking info tomorrow or sunday that i should call again. im in the US and i ordered within a few minutes of launch. chances are you will get tracking info by sunday.

CPUi7 5820k

RAM16gb (4x4gb)

GPUgtx 980ti zotac amp

PSU750 watt cool master

Well I've just received my update email from oculus. My Ship date has slipped from 'May' to the end of June. I preordered within the hour of it going live. I was not expecting to wait this long, but not a lot I can do. Sucks though. Anyone else get their update ship times?

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130