early report on Quantum Break for PC | Remedy responds

Jim Sterling received his copy a few days ago so if its really that bad expect to be hearing about it very soon indeed.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 minutes ago, aerandir92 said:

-

MS didn't "changed their minds" when the games was revealed in 2013, nor did they "changed their minds" for the two subsequent delays (2015 then 2016) - they "changed their minds" just two months before the game's release

yeah right ....

4 minutes ago, matrix07012 said:

It is a cool game, but I won't buy it, because Windows store, performance and they didn't even bother to add the exit button. That is on par with shitty cash grab ports of mobile games.

Holy shit, indeed, no exit button... How could any self respecting developer miss that in a PC game...

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

MS didn't "changed their minds" when the games was revealed in 2013, nor did they "changed their minds" for the two subsequent delays (2015 then 2016) - they "changed their minds" just two months before the game's release

yeah right ....

And here's the thing. You shouldn't be pre-ordering video games anyways. Batman Arkham Knight on PC is a great example of why you don't do it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

yeah right ....

And you have proof that they "lied" or are you acting on baseless speculation brought on entirely by your own bias? Apply Occam's razor: The simplest explanation is usually the right one. Plans change all the time during development of a game. From small changes to major ones. They happen for any number of reasons and can happen at any time. That is the nature of long projects like this. Look at how much MS' media plans changed in that time. It went from this big content push to MS completely closing down their media production operations and Quantum Break being the only thing to really come of those plans.

Beyond that: The fuck does it matter if it's exclusive. Your "what about the people that bought a console" spiel is pointless. They already have the console and can still play the game. Nothing changes. Unless you are Sony, MS, or Nintendo stop caring about whether a game is exclusive or not. Your fake sympathy act for hypothetical people that MIGHT have made a different choice, yet there is zero solid proof that they exist much less would have rushed out to build a PC instead, is rather ridiculous. I'm not going to claim to know where your biases lay but where ever they do just fucking admit them and stop pretending anything else is coloring your opinion.

This is such a far fetched report, the fact people are believing based on some guy saying "yeah I got the game and it doesn't work well for me" is ridiculous.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

hoping the issues are ironed out, I really want to play this

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

third strike, batter out

kill of ms app store already. It's dead since day one

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 hours ago, Derangel said:

And you have proof that they "lied" or are you acting on baseless speculation brought on entirely by your own bias? Apply Occam's razor: The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

really?! they just developed the PC version in what, just two months?!

cut the crap, mate :dry:

MS had plenty of opportunities to announce that there will also be a PC version alongside the XB1 one

but no, MS waited and kept their mouth shut because they wanted to sell as many consoles as they could

there hasn't been and probably won't be a Halo game on the PC for a very long time, for this exact reason - it sells consoles; it's not just about pre-orders

4 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Microsoft didn't lie. At all.

That depends on what your opinion on whenever or not a misrepresentation constitutes a lie or not. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a lie, but it was definitely misleading in the way they went about it when first announced. Not an outright lie technically but I wouldn't say "at all" 

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

hoping the issues are ironed out, I really want to play this

I really want to get it but can't find the PC version anywhere on the windows store :S

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

5 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I don't see any terms that adhere to the definition of "promise."

Well look at it this way. Think of a car, the manufacturer says x feature is exclusive to y car and then that intices you to buy it because then only a certain amount of people buy it and you feel special. Now you preorder this car to then find out that they have started putting this feature in another car. Now you say to yourself this isn't exclusive at all and it was not the truth, hence a lie.

The opposite of truth can be: falsehood, falseness, flaw, imperfection, imprecision, inaccuracy, inexactness disloyalty, invention, lie or a misrepresentation

5 hours ago, zMeul said:

when they said "this game will be a XBOX One exclusive" how one should hear it?! :dry:

Ubi's Watch Dogs, The Division?! nVidia's GTX970?! ... neah ..

and you know what's funny? you're a god damn moderator

we're done here, just like GoodBytes, you show bias towards MicroSoft .. for some odd reason

You can't really say much when the majority of your posts are hating on AMD.

@zMeul Did you buy this game on PC by any chance?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

3 hours ago, zMeul said:

MS had plenty of opportunities to announce that there will also be a PC version alongside the XB1 one

but no, MS waited and kept their mouth shut because they wanted to sell as many consoles as they could

there hasn't been and probably won't be a Halo game on the PC for a very long time, for this exact reason - it sells consoles; it's not just about pre-orders

The PC version has obviously been in development for some time. But that might have been a side project they put a few devs on so that they wouldn't be far of if they finally decided to go for it. It is not unusual to use some resources on stuff you might end up finishing. I suspect the timing for announcing it was partial because it fit in with other announcements, and also it might just recently have been clear that they would be able to have a PC version ready at the same time as the Xbone version. Their initial thought might have been "We put some resources on doing some PC specific things, then we'll see were we're at closer to launch and what we want to do then". 

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

2 hours ago, Voids said:

[removed] 

I wouldn't pre-order a car and I think that's a lame analogy because you can't pre-order cars. But regardless, the same principle applies - stop pre-ordering. It is much more wise to buy something using reviews as a basis than what the company tells you strictly. In this case, Microsoft didn't promise a damn thing. It is up to the consumer to decide what to do. The company has every right to change their decision, and by not promising anything, they are allowing themselves to make those changes. 

So regardless, the main takeaway here is stop pre-ordering anything. Hell, I won't even back a Kickstarter anymore, because for all intents and purposes, to me it's comparable to pre-ordering. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

12 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I wouldn't pre-order a car and I think that's a lame analogy because you can't pre-order cars. But regardless, the same principle applies - stop pre-ordering. It is much more wise to buy something using reviews as a basis than what the company tells you strictly. In this case, Microsoft didn't promise a damn thing. It is up to the consumer to decide what to do. The company has every right to change their decision, and by not promising anything, they are allowing themselves to make those changes. 

So regardless, the main takeaway here is stop pre-ordering anything. Hell, I won't even back a Kickstarter anymore, because for all intents and purposes, to me it's comparable to pre-ordering. 

Yes you can Tesla model 3 cars can be pre-ordered. It doesn't matter about the principle of pre-ording. It's about a company promising an exclusive title for a console to get sales and when they do get sales they then bring that title to another platform and thus ending the exclusitivity.

8 hours ago, zMeul said:

and you know what's funny? you're a god damn moderator

Just throwing this out here: mods are entitled to their own opinion, regardless of their behind-the-scenes work for the community. I don't know what being a mod has to do with interpreting the actions of a software company, but I figured you might've missed this detail.

Have a nice day.

4 hours ago, zMeul said:

I'm not saying they handled the announcement well but you still have yet to provide any proof to back up your claims. I don't know about you but I actually like proof before I decide that my speculation is fact.

7 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Something tells me you shouldn't buy something based on exclusivity. You should buy it because of the damn game itself.

I mean seriously. What difference does it actually make if a game is actually exclusive or not? Potential performance benefits? Maybe, but if the game performs well, what's the huge deal? Exclusives should just go away altogether.

It doesn't matter if people should have preordered it or not. The fact is Microsoft said something that could or could not have changed the way consumers acted and that turned out not being true. Economy works in very chaotic and unpredictable ways. For example that simple "change of mind" could have caused a noticeable change in the number of sales. I am with you that exclusives are pure bullshit and should just go away, but there are people that think they are important and, while I disagree, I respect their opinion and I think saying something and then taking it back, especially when you're a fucking multi-billion dollar company is absolutely wrong. I really do not understand how people can just back up Microsoft in such occasions. They are one of the biggest corporations on the planet. Are they not allowed to make mistakes? Yeah they are, but shit like this? This is too much, considering indies can do a much better job at making an optimized game. 

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

7 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

And here's the thing. You shouldn't be pre-ordering video games anyways. Batman Arkham Knight on PC is a great example of why you don't do it.

Uhmm this makes no sense. The fact that you should not preorder video games does not make what Microsoft did right. It is like saying robbing someone at 4 am in a dark alley is okay, because you should not be walking alone in a dark alley at 4 am. It makes absolutely no sense and should not be used as an argument.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

HW req looks balls to the wall. Hope it's multicore optimized.

a PC without internal options to leave the game? now that is some shitty porting work Microsoft....

I actually had high hopes for their talks of Xbox One/PC fusion :/

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

1 minute ago, GeekJump said:

a PC without internal options to leave the game? now that is some shitty porting work Microsoft....

I actually had high hopes for their talks of Xbox One/PC fusion :/

Since it's working as an UWA app, you have to move your mouse in the upper right corner of the screen to make the X appear.

Not that big of a deal if you ask me, but one has to know about that.

I'm more concerned because of the temporal resolution reconstruction and general image quality of the game. For the hardware it requires it looks like garbage.

With Microsoft failing so hard in the last couple months, I don't have high hopes for Forza 6 Apex and Halo Wars 2...

144Hz goodness