early report on Quantum Break for PC | Remedy responds

surprised? no.. but goddanm those numbers are bad. 720p@medium settings w/ R9 390 @50fps? what?

surprise to see the result with 980 ti since I also use 980 ti. still waiting for my pre order code

All this arguing about microsoft "lying" about xbox exclusivity is retarded. People arguing that microsoft lied do realise you can cancel preorders, right? At the time of anouncing the game Microsoft weren't heading in the direction of "we want to tap into that pc market again", so they release a new title that hasnt had a history of xbox exclusivity to make sure people arent outraged.

if people are genuinely angry that microsoft released the game on pc, they should've canceled their preorder and told the retailer/online support that the reason for cancelling was that you were under the impression that it was a xbox exclusive title. But in reality the people who are angry probably expected the game to be better and now have buyers remorse and are looking for something else to blamer rather than aditting it.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

So uhm... where is Totalbiscuit? Where is Jim Sterling? Where are the media this time? How come Batman Arkham Knight cause such a shitstorm, but this game doesn't. ??

I'm really confused, because this game is arguably worse technically.

26 minutes ago, Majestic said:

So uhm... where is Totalbiscuit? Where is Jim Sterling? Where are the media this time? How come Batman Arkham Knight cause such a shitstorm, but this game doesn't. ??

cause no one in the right would have bought this game to begin with just by looking at it's platform exclusivity (iirc TB still is on Win7). Also not as hyped outside of the xbone.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

cause no one in the right would have bought this game to begin with just by looking at it's platform exclusivity (iirc TB still is on Win7). Also not as hyped outside of the xbone.

It's still being sold, no disclaimer on the page and full price. With no refunds. Should hype be a factor in creating consumer awareness? They should at the very least put out warning video's. 

Yet...nothing.

On April 11, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Majestic said:

Jim did leave his thoughts on UWP, but decided to leave it then. I guess he doesn't want to feature the same topic again.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

https://community.remedygames.com/forum/games/quantum-break/261576-quantum-break-status-update

Remedy publishes status update on Quantum Break technical issues:

Stuttering Frame-Rate / Frame Pacing
There was a major rounding error introduced into our refresh rate predictions on shipping. A solution to this issue is already being worked on; we expect it to be resolved in a Quantum Break Title Update launching in the near future.

Windows 10 Performance Issues
Remedy is looking into how to improve the overall performance of the game. Part of that is working closely with AMD and NVIDIA to address issues and improve the gameplay experience.

Sometimes, after a longer play session, the game can end up to a state where the video memory becomes fragmented, and an important asset gets moved to system memory, which slows the rendering performance significantly. This problem is very rare and Remedy will continue to investigate and improve the video memory behavior in future updates.

If you experience this issue, exiting and restarting Quantum Break will resolve this issue for now. This is one way to identify if you have encountered this issue or if it’s another potential problem.

Graphics Drivers:
We recommend, for AMD Radeon GPU’s, AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1

We recommend, for NVIDIA GPU’s, 362.00 from NVIDIA.

Windows 10 Frame Rate Locked?
In May, Microsoft will be enabling the ability for developers to disable v-sync and adding support for G-Sync and Freesync monitors. This means that UWP games running in full screen, borderless windowed mode will have all of the performance advantages of traditional full screen exclusive mode.

No Option to Quit from Main Menu
We hear you! By popular demand, we are adding an exit option to the main menu in an upcoming title update. For now, similar to all Windows 10 apps, you will need to use Alt-F4 or move the mouse cursor to top right corner of the window to the see the X icon, which you can click to exit the game.

Image Quality
We are working on giving users more control to turn on and off features like film grain. We love the artistic choice for our game, but we also want to give PC gamers more choice and this will come in a future update.

Does Quantum Break support SLI or other multi-GPU solutions?
Quantum Break on Windows 10 unfortunately doesn’t support DirectX12 multi-GPU rendering. Due to the engine architecture, the work needed to support multiple GPUs would have been significant and out of scope for Remedy for Quantum Break.

Render technique and resolution on Windows 10
The Windows 10 version of Quantum Break uses the same reconstruction method as on Xbox One. If your resolution is set to 1080p, the game temporally reconstructs the image (except UI) from four 720p buffers rendered with 4xMSAA, just like on Xbox One. Engine assigns input geometry samples from 4xMSAA rendering into shaded clusters in order to maximize covered geometry while keeping the performance on acceptable level by reducing expensive shaded samples. When you change the resolution, the buffers used to construct the image are always 2/3rds of the set resolution, i.e. in 2560x1440 they would be 1706x960.

^ wow .. what a load of shit! if the game is set to 1080p, render the thing at 1080

On 4/11/2016 at 6:17 AM, Majestic said:

So uhm... where is Totalbiscuit? Where is Jim Sterling?

Well, Jim reviewed it on the Xbone and seemed to like it. He's not a PC-centric critic, and it's not really his focus to investigate technical issues across multiple platforms. He mentions them when he encounters them. Totalbiscuit's been dealing with chemo, and he covers what he can and what interests him most. Plus, as said above, I think TB's been waiting out Windows 10 for now out of compatibility concerns for his workflow.

Here's a few major outlets who did cover the PC port to some degree:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-went-wrong-with-quantum-break-pc

http://www.pcgamer.com/quantum-break-port-impressions/

http://www.destructoid.com/pc-port-report-quantum-break-354228.phtml

And many of these issues are explained on PC Gaming Wiki:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Quantum_Break

On 05/04/2016 at 3:31 PM, huilun02 said:

Isn't it more FMV than game? Who would pay for that? 

Metal Gear Solid 4.....

Ace Attorney series....

(Look at how many people bought them, including me.)

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

On 05/04/2016 at 5:38 PM, Master Disaster said:

Jim Sterling received his copy a few days ago so if its really that bad expect to be hearing about it very soon indeed.

I can't wait, I love Jim's rants xD

EDIT: I think he only has the Xbox One version.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

https://community.remedygames.com/forum/games/quantum-break/261576-quantum-break-status-update

Remedy publishes status update on Quantum Break technical issues:

^ wow .. what a load of shit! if the game is set to 1080p, render the thing at 1080

The fact they cannot add multi gpu support, and force the rendering to 2/3rds the resolution, just goes to show that this game was supposed to be XBONE exclusive, and that MS decided to add it to Windows 10 later on.

As for the render resolution, virtual super resolution ftw. Just set it 50% higher and you are golden (and expect performance to fall to China).

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro