early report on Quantum Break for PC | Remedy responds

5 minutes ago, ivhyn said:

Since it's working as an UWA app, you have to move your mouse in the upper right corner of the screen to make the X appear.

Not that big of a deal if you ask me, but one has to know about that.

I'm more concerned because of the temporal resolution reconstruction and general image quality of the game. For the hardware it requires it looks like garbage.

With Microsoft failing so hard in the last couple months, I don't have high hopes for Forza 6 Apex and Halo Wars 2...

Oh I didn't mean the no quit button was horrible, just a really bad oversight. For non PC exclusives I always prefer using a controller - hold can I quit with no mouse??? :(

Yea microsoft is doing the same lvl on damage now on PC as they did during Xbone release announcement. They really need to have a sit down with their PR and marketing teams lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

1 hour ago, Voids said:

Yes you can Tesla model 3 cars can be pre-ordered. It doesn't matter about the principle of pre-ording. It's about a company promising an exclusive title for a console to get sales and when they do get sales they then bring that title to another platform and thus ending the exclusitivity.

Exception to the rule. Most cars can't be pre-ordered. Microsoft has never promised it would be on Xbox One exclusively. I'm not claiming Microsoft is morally correct in their action, but to state that they're promising something is wrong. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well at least they can play it. I didn't even get my code for PC yet from preordering for Xbox one. Probably have to wait a week just to get the code. 

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Exception to the rule. Most cars can't be pre-ordered. Microsoft has never promised it would be on Xbox One exclusively. I'm not claiming Microsoft is morally correct in their action, but to state that they're promising something is wrong. 

To add on, I thought they marketed it as a "Microsoft" exclusive, in which case Windows 10 is still a Microsoft platform. It really doesn't matter in any case. Complaining about it is just plain stupid.

3 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I want you to know I completely agree with your stance on pre-ordering.  But, you can actually pre-order most every car out there.  Once they announce and release specs for next year's model, you can usually go to a dealer and place an order/hold/reservation on one of them.  I have done it, I know a lot of other people who have done it.  Most people don't, simply because why would you?  Most people aren't out impulse buying cars, and don't want to put down the large amount of money for a car, then wait a year to get it.

So, while I completely agree with your premise, cars are a bad example since you can actually pre-order most cars.  They simply call it a reservation, and usually you have to actually pay for the car in full when you place the pre-order/reservation. 

I don't understand why people are surprised and/or upset at the quality of Quantum Break on PC.

It was originally announced as an Xbox One title, and surprise announced it was coming to PC what, a month and a half before release? Knowing Remedy, they likely didn't have a PC port in development, so they either rushed it into production, or they outsourced it to a garbage company filled with dropouts like Iron Galaxy (responsible for the abomination that was Arkham Knight's PC port).

This is the one, very rare example where it's better to buy a console version over PC, and I feel no sympathy for anybody upset or taken by surprise at the piss poor quality that this port is. PC has always been second fiddle to Microsoft after Xbox (despite what Spencer will have you believe), and it always will be that way; why continue to put yourself in this situation?

CPU: i7-4790K 4.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS Z-97K | GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3-1866 CL10 | SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid-Tower | KB/M: Logitech Orion Spark G910/Razer Naga Epic

2 hours ago, dragosudeki said:

To add on, I thought they marketed it as a "Microsoft" exclusive

no, they didn't marketed as MS exclusive, they marketed it as XB1 exclusive - just go back to 2013's E3 announcements, the exclusivity is plastered everywhere; and this wasn't "rectified" until ~2 months ago

Wow, the broken games "trend" continues, even worse, leaving bad taste about W10 DX12 and all, being released totally broken, unoptimzed.

What's wrong with these people?! There's some serious firing needed in gaming industry.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

8 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I wouldn't pre-order a car and I think that's a lame analogy because you can't pre-order cars. But regardless, the same principle applies - stop pre-ordering. It is much more wise to buy something using reviews as a basis than what the company tells you strictly. In this case, Microsoft didn't promise a damn thing. It is up to the consumer to decide what to do. The company has every right to change their decision, and by not promising anything, they are allowing themselves to make those changes. 

So regardless, the main takeaway here is stop pre-ordering anything. Hell, I won't even back a Kickstarter anymore, because for all intents and purposes, to me it's comparable to pre-ordering. 

Well... https://model3.tesla.com/

But yeah. I personally only pre order if it's a physical collector's edition that is limited in numbers. If people only get the online version, there is little to no reason to.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

6 hours ago, ChineseChef said:

I want you to know I completely agree with your stance on pre-ordering.  But, you can actually pre-order most every car out there.  Once they announce and release specs for next year's model, you can usually go to a dealer and place an order/hold/reservation on one of them.  I have done it, I know a lot of other people who have done it.  Most people don't, simply because why would you?  Most people aren't out impulse buying cars, and don't want to put down the large amount of money for a car, then wait a year to get it.

I think that's less pre ordering and more ordering a car with JUST the features that you want rather than just accepting whatever the dealer happens to have in stock (it just so happens that the car is brand new and the dealer didn't get stock in yet). A delay between ordering and receiving the product doesn't mean pre order but rather a back order as the manufacturer needs time to assemble and/or ship. 

Then again, I've never tried to preorder a car and maybe it is the norm and what k said above isn't accurate....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

24 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I think that's less pre ordering and more ordering a car with JUST the features that you want rather than just accepting whatever the dealer happens to have in stock (it just so happens that the car is brand new and the dealer didn't get stock in yet). A delay between ordering and receiving the product doesn't mean pre order but rather a back order as the manufacturer needs time to assemble and/or ship. 

Then again, I've never tried to preorder a car and maybe it is the norm and what k said above isn't accurate....

There is a difference between pre-ordering and custom purchase.  What you are talking about is custom ordering, where you pick all the options instead of taking one off the lot.  Essentially, pre-ordering a car is a custom order that is done before the vehicles have starting shipping from the factory.  So, before the dealers even have any on the way, essentially before they even have lot models.  Normally you can't preorder a car until all the options/pricing has been decided, but you can reserve a preorder "slot" (basically reserving a place in the production line).  But even reserving the slot normally costs a significant amount of the total expected vehicle cost, with a decent amount being non-refundable once the vehicle starts the production process.

Some dealers will "reserve" one for you for little or no money, but those aren't actually factory reserved, they are simply saying they will call you first when they have availability.  Also, you normally don't get any or very little "deals" or sales or anything when you preorder a car.  Since you obviously want to be first, you will pay for that right to be first.

New AMD driver for this game, they claim 35% better performance.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

17 hours ago, zMeul said:

no, they didn't marketed as MS exclusive, they marketed it as XB1 exclusive - just go back to 2013's E3 announcements, the exclusivity is plastered everywhere; and this wasn't "rectified" until ~2 months ago

You're right, actually, he did open by saying it's coming "only to Xbox One."

27 minutes ago, typographie said:

You're right, actually, he did open by saying it's coming "only to Xbox One."

It's still exclusive to Windows 10, which is shitty on their part, considering they just want to force more people into their walled garden so they can sell said people as advertising targets.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

It's still exclusive to Windows 10, which is shitty on their part, considering they just want to force more people into their walled garden so they can sell said people as advertising targets.

Exclusivity is always shitty. Even if it's exclusive to a platform you happily use, it still does nothing for the consumer.

But I think the Windows 10 Store exclusivity is going to affect their sales numbers, especially if the launch is particularly rocky. Here's hoping they learn a hard lesson from it.

1 minute ago, typographie said:

Exclusivity is always shitty. Even if it's exclusive to a platform you happily use, it still does nothing for the consumer.

But I think the Windows 10 Store exclusivity is going to affect their sales numbers, especially if the launch is particularly rocky. Here's hoping they learn a hard lesson from it.

I hope it fails hard. I hope the entire Windows 10 ecosystem blows up in their faces with a data breach.

M$ needs to stop trying to be Apple.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 05/04/2016 at 7:21 AM, Godlygamer23 said:

I don't see any terms that adhere to the definition of "promise."

•  

• exclusive adjective (ONLY FOR SOME)

limited to only one person or group of people

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

kTCmGzd.jpg

That graph makes no sense??

a game thats flipping between 28 and 35 ms is not running at 32 just because its in the middle.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

19 hours ago, Majestic said:

How does it run when you force adaptive vsync through the graphics panel? Seems to be an aggressive vsync...

I guess you can't, half V-sync (I guess that's what its called?) doesn't work as digital foundry observed here:

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Half vsync literally makes games run at 30fps on 60hz (GTA 5 prime example) panels from what i have seen....I'm not so sure that this is the problem with this game, but i don't think its that.

Digital foundry are under the impression that the game is capped at 5/6ths (50fps / 60hz) the refresh rate, this i have never seen before...i would like to have seen a test setting the panel refresh to 50fps, and see what the frame rate is then, maybe its just capped at 50? The fury results in the chart  contradict this though...so more questions that answers..

50fps Vsync'd isn't bad, if this is possible, anyone who comes from a PAL region and played games in the late 90's early 2000's can atest to this. It's not ideal, but it ain't bad...

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

The game's not that great either, I'm watching yogs hannah play, the enemies are mostly the same with a few exceptions, the gunplay's repetitive and his time powers, some don't make sense, and the powers aren't that fun. The story doesn't seem that interesting, but maybe it will get better the more I watch it.

I don't recommend you buy this game though, even if it did perform properly

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!