CEMU 1.4.0 can now run multiple games at FULL SPEED! (Wii U Emulator)

Here's an article

Good news all emulator lovers! CEMU, the Wii U emulator can now run not one, not two, but multiple games so far at very impressive speed! There's graphical issues still, but this is incredible progress! The CEMU team can now measure performance in FPS rather than SPF xD

Youtube videos:

As far as I know, this marks a significant step in the emulator world, so this is tech news I guess? Move it into console gaming if this doesn't belong here, sorry mods!

The 1.4.0 build is available for patreons only for now, it'll be available for the public soon. Patreon people get builds early, so go donate if you want it now! Or donate either way, the team behind Cemu is friggin awesome!

Personally very excited for this, perhaps in just a year or two, we'll be able to run Wii U games at 4k with enchanced graphics! What do you guys think?

wow, that's amazing! work is going so incredibly fast on this thing :D

Always awesome to see emulator news.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Wow , that's impressive. But dolphin ( WII/GC emulator ) already has pretty high requirements ( at least cpu-wise ), i can't imagine what kind of hardware you would need to emulate this ( especially considering dolphin is much more mature and optimized )

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Bring on Pokken Tournament and a VR Mod like DolphinVR!

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Wow , that's impressive. But dolphin ( WII/GC emulator ) already has pretty high requirements ( at least cpu-wise ), i can't imagine what kind of hardware you would need to emulate this ( especially considering dolphin is much more mature and optimized )

Dolphin is quite literally the gold standard of modern emulation. But honestly it isn't that high cpu wise if you buy intel. A 5200-U is perfectly capable of doing it (although yes, no arm cpu has enough single core strength to run it. Maybe an Apple A9 could do it.)

They already even have an essentially flawless DX12 plugin (I've been using it for months).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

12 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

They already even have an essentially flawless DX12 plugin (I've been using it for months).

Is the DX12 plugin part of the official package of Dolphin or is it an extra you have to download? I don't seems to have it in the version I got...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Is the DX12 plugin part of the official package of Dolphin or is it an extra you have to download? I don't seems to have it in the version I got...

It isn't part of the "official releases" (the most recent one was 2 years and 3 months ago), but Dolphin puts out almost daily "development versions" that are basically guaranteed to be stable at this point. They are a few months away from releasing version 5.0 which will include the dx12 plugin.

I'm running 4.0-8987 and dx12 has been included in the version available since 4.0-8933. It is actually a really really large improvement over the DX11 variation (many games no longer have stutter), and I have only played one game where it caused any artifacts at all (opening title screen for Smash Bros Brawl).

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

cool

27 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

RIP Nintendo

We can say that once we see multiplayer support. Game's like Super Mario Maker become pointless without Multiplayer. Also, Nintendo need's to make a replacement game-pad acquirable to have the "full experience."

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

6 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

On Dolphin the DirectX renderer is much faster for me than OpenGL renderer and I have a pretty weak CPU. The only problem is there's much more bugs with the DirectX renderer because they put the lion's share of the development time into the OpenGL renderer I guess to capitalize on the 20 people trying to play GameCube games on Linux and OS-X.

40 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

We can say that once we see multiplayer support. Game's like Super Mario Maker become pointless without Multiplayer. Also, Nintendo need's to make a replacement game-pad acquirable to have the "full experience."

The game pad isn't really an issue, in most games it's optional or only used for basic things like inventory management or a map. I could easily see them getting around the two screens issue, after all Nintendo doesn't expect you to look at both screens at the same time.

I still am VERY uncomfortable about them doing this closed source and behind a patreon. Xenia and RPCS3 are both open source, and are moving along just fine.

4 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I still am VERY uncomfortable about them doing this closed source and behind a patreon. Xenia and RPCS3 are both open source, and are moving along just fine.

They're the ones putting in the time and effort, if they want it closed source and behind a patreon it's their decision. Not everything needs to be Open source, too many cooks more often than not spoil the broth.

For non patreons it will release a week later so it will be Tuesday 29th March.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

there already are libs that can connect the pad to the pc so i doubt they wouldn't add this once the emulator has all the other functions stable.

Everytime I see an emulator it just makes me sad that we dont get these games natively on PC

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Everytime I see an emulator it just makes me sad that we dont get these games natively on PC

Well i have access to a Wii U, my mum bought one for her business (she runs an out of school and before/after school childrens club) and during term time I get to take it home and keep it as my own. I was considering spending the £45 to buy either SM3DW or Yoshi's Woolly World, now I don't have to :P

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Well i have access to a Wii U, my mum bought one for her business (she runs an out of school and before/after school childrens club) and during term time I get to take it home and keep it as my own. I was considering spending the £45 to buy either SM3DW or Yoshi's Woolly World, now I don't have to :P

I will probably end up buying one haha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So...  how close are we on playing Bayonetta 2 on PC? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I will probably end up buying one haha

better act fast cause Nintendo is halting production of WiiUs

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/03/22/nintendo-wii-u-cease-production-2016-report/

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/03/22/nintendo-wii-u-cease-production-2016-report/

Nintendo have responded to this rumour by saying its not true...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nintendo-denies-it-s-halting-wii-u-production

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Nintendo have responded to this rumour by saying its not true...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nintendo-denies-it-s-halting-wii-u-production

good. i still have time then

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

42 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

im sure i can find them second hand etc