Vessel Exclusive "Nerd Sports"

This is my first time posting on the Forum, so if I'm doing something wrong - don't hesitate to tell me and I'll try to do what I can. Also, if this has already been answered, show me where.

As many of you know, LMG is making a new Vessel exclusive series - "nerd sports" (ChannelSuperFun). However, many people have complained, because it doesn't seem fair to them that vessel should be getting an exclusive series that requires you to pay. And I'm with them. In fact, Linus said himself that ALL LMG videos will be available on YouTube as well as Vessel. I'd say CSF counts as LMG. Linus even states that after the first year, you won't have to pay to watch his videos.

Personally, I don't like this either. Doesn't seem fair to people who don't want to pay for Vessel. The launch video (which is unlisted) is below at the point where he states LMG videos will be all on YouTube.

Enderman linked to another thread where Nick responded - sorry I didn't notice that.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

1) its not channel supper fun, or any other LMG channel, its special vessel sponsored external content

2) there are already a bajillion topics on this so go search those up instead of reposting another

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) its not channel supper fun, or any other LMG channel, its special vessel sponsored external content

2) there are already a bajillion topics on this so go search those up instead of reposting another

I already said I couldn't find any. Please send me a link. Besides, LMG is in it.

Specs:

Yah, vessel messed up the email. CSF is NOT doing the nerd sports. Vessel is sponsoring the nerd sports thing. All CSF, TQ, LTT, etc videos will still make their way to youtube, just not nerd sports.

I see why he's made the move, I've looked at using vessel as a creator myself and their payouts are HUGE in comparison to YouTube. I use vessel and every day in the comments half the commenters say how they won't be renewing their vessel membership and 'rip vessel' and that kinda stuff. I imagine this is one way of linus trying to get people to hold onto vessel as I imagine it makes up a large chunk of LMG income

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It's a LMG production. Whether it is paid for by LMG or not doesn't matter. "All LMG content will continue to be free..."

period. 

that's from the mouth of Linus himself.

He's going back on his word and its BS.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

2 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

I already said I couldn't find any. Please send me a link.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Linus already said that this isn't LMG content. It's content that belongs to vessel and involves the LMG team. 

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

1 minute ago, Sunshine1868 said:

It's a LMG production. Whether it is paid for by LMG or not doesn't matter. "All LMG content will continue to be free..."

period. 

Its a tricky one, he wont lose any subs over it and its still under the 'LMG umbrella' - it stars LMG hosts, is edited by LMG editors etc etc. He didn't say CSF, TechQuickie and LTT would all be youtube he said LMG. Its gonna piss off high end members, especially guys on the forum, I can see why he's done it and I think he is a bit desperate to hold onto vessel subs 

5 minutes ago, Sunshine1868 said:

period. 

have you not yet realized that LMG is a MEDIA company which gets paid by other companies to make exclusive content for them? If I had 10k and wanted them to make a video for my personal use, I could pay them and they would do it. That's because I BUY their service. Vessel has done the same thing, they pay them and they make them content.

Its a business, and it does not have anything to do with CSF, LTT, LCT, or TQK

Spoiler

1 minute ago, GeekaWhat said:

Its a tricky one, he wont lose any subs over it and its still under the 'LMG umbrella' - it stars LMG hosts, is edited by LMG editors etc etc. He didn't say CSF, TechQuickie and LTT would all be youtube he said LMG. Its gonna piss off high end members, especially guys on the forum, I can see why he's done it and I think he is a bit desperate to hold onto vessel subs 

Backing this up is a post by givingtnt from the thread linked by Enderman - 56de2c88491c1_Screenshot2016-03-0720.35.

Specs:

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

have you not yet realized that LMG is a MEDIA company which gets paid by other companies to make exclusive content for them? If I had 10k and wanted them to make a video for my personal use, I could pay them and they would do it. That's because I BUY their service. Vessel has done the same thing, they pay them and they make them content.

Its a business, and it does not have anything to do with CSF, LTT, LCT, or TQK

Fair enough - I see Nick responded.

Specs:

1. Vessel is sponsoring Nerd Sports, so they are getting paid to do it only on THEIR website.

2. Linus Media Group makes most of the money that they use to pay all the employees from Vessel and Sponsorships.

3. It makes people want to join Vessel, so they can watch the videos.

4. If Vessel was YouTube, releasing videos at the same time, then people would have it.

1 minute ago, ScottThePC said:

1. Vessel is sponsoring Nerd Sports, so they are getting paid to do it only on THEIR website.

2. Linus Media Group makes most of the money that they use to pay all the employees from Vessel and Sponsorships.

3. It makes people want to join Vessel, so they can watch the videos.

4. If Vessel was YouTube, releasing videos at the same time, then people would have it.

Thanks. How can I close a thread?

Specs:

Sure this isnt Linus Media Group content.... Just content created by Linus Media Group.

You're all kidding yourselves arguing semantics. He just took a lucrative new deal and should say "fuck what I promised I wanna make this show with Vessel" and this would immediately be a non issue.

It's the semantics bullshit that has people up in arms and not owning up to the change of mind. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

"fuck what I promised I wanna make this show with Vessel"

Pretty sure @LinusTech is kicking his feet up on his desk right now. @nicklmg is the only one responding to this issue while Linus refuses to touch it. 

He posted a tweet in response and just let it hang. He really ought to come out and explain his thoughts and maybe even go back on this whole thing since he's upset so many people. 

ESXi SysAdmin

2 minutes ago, Sunshine1868 said:

Pretty sure @LinusTech is kicking his feet up on his desk right now. @nicklmg is the only one responding to this issue while Linus refuses to touch it. 

He posted a tweet in response and just let it hang. He really ought to come out and explain his thoughts and maybe even go back on this whole thing since he's upset so many people. 

Stop spreading misinformation. Official reply is linked below, written and posted by Linus.

Just now, nicklmg said:

Stop spreading misinformation. Official reply is linked below, written and posted by Linus.

I already said he tweeted about it. I've seen his name quoted tens of times today and he hasn't touched a single post. 

Nick, I really think it would be appropriate if @LinusTech got on twitch and had a full on Q&A with the viewers.

Views=money for LMG. Pissing off the viewers won't help. Maybe talking to them will 

ESXi SysAdmin

45 minutes ago, GeekaWhat said:

I see why he's made the move, I've looked at using vessel as a creator myself and their payouts are HUGE in comparison to YouTube. I use vessel and every day in the comments half the commenters say how they won't be renewing their vessel membership and 'rip vessel' and that kinda stuff. I imagine this is one way of linus trying to get people to hold onto vessel as I imagine it makes up a large chunk of LMG income

Yeah I see reports of +50% splits, that's amazing XD. But then again, YT use to give payouts just as good to before everybody and their mother started making content lol. The same thing will happen to Vessel if they do grow. It will probably take years to get as low as YT revenue share but it will start to lower. Part of the business, get people to join your platform with even shares, lower as time goes by once you secured their support. But better to get in now than later.

Sidenote...maybe I should make an MCN for Vessel :3 (don't steal my idea! Or do, but give me a split ;))

-----

Also, I love how people are holding Linus to a statement he said over a year ago. It doesn't matter if he said it 100 times, it was a year ago...shit changes. And like he said, Vessel is funding the series. Why would Vessel invest in a show then let it publish on a competitors site? It's like YT Red Originals popping up on Vessel o.O

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Just now, Sunshine1868 said:

I already said he tweeted about it. I've seen his name quoted tens of times today and he hasn't touched a single post. 

Nick, I really think it would be appropriate if @LinusTech got on twitch and had a full on Q&A with the viewers.

Views=money for LMG. Pissing off the viewers won't help. Maybe talking to them will 

Did you even read the Tweet? He outlined the company position in the forum post, linked in that Tweet.

It's a Scrapyard Wars week, meaning he hasn't even touched a computer (outside of looking for parts) all day.

6 minutes ago, Sunshine1868 said:

You're using language here that makes it seem like he is totally ignoring the community, which is inherently false. Don't be misleading - if you have an issue, that's fine, talk about it. But don't lie.

As mentioned above, he gave an explanation in the official reply here on the forum.

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

Did you even read the Tweet? He outlined the company position in the forum post, linked in that Tweet.

It's a Scrapyard Wars week, meaning he hasn't even touched a computer (outside of looking for parts) all day.

You're using language here that makes it seem like he is totally ignoring the community, which is inherently false. Don't be misleading - if you have an issue, that's fine, talk about it. But don't lie.

As mentioned above, he gave an explanation in the official reply here on the forum.

Thanks. Can you close this thread for me? I don't see any purpose for it being open at this point.

Specs:

Just now, nicklmg said:

You're using language here that makes it seem like he is totally ignoring the community, which is inherently false. Don't be misleading - if you have an issue, that's fine, talk about it.

I think @LinusTech should stop filming scrapyard wars to really discuss this with the viewers. It seems like there are a whole lot of people upset over this and I think Linus owes it to those people to talk to them directly via some kind of twitch Q&A for example. 

As I've shown before there are plenty of people who will not be paying for Vessel and many feel like LMG is strong-arming the viewers into subscribing to a service they don't want to subscribe to.

@nicklmg, Please feel free to DM me as I have you to discuss this further.

ESXi SysAdmin

I'm really annoyed at all the dumbarse twelvies that don't understand that this is a BUSINESS DECISION. LMG is a production company and if it wants to have steady growth they need to experiment or get left behind.

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

57 minutes ago, GeekaWhat said:

you're getting upset just because you want to

just because he said the words "LMG" doesnt mean he literally meant it, clearly he was referring to the content that they were currently bringing you, not EVERY piece of content ever made by the company.

In fact they have been selling content exclusively to people who pay for MANY YEARS, because its a media company, people pay you and you make media for them.

Vessel paid them, so they make them content. It's called buying a service.

LMG makes ads for companies and stuff that isnt even related to tech sometimes. This is stuff unrelated to linus tech tips or their other youtube channels, so deal with it.

Do you know how a business works?

Clearly you don't. You think everything is free and easily so you don't even bother supporting. You're not a forum donor and you probably even use adblock because you dont even care that he has to feed his wife and family.

Most "high end forum members" are actually NOT upset because anyone mature will understand that things change over time for many reasons. One of those reasons is unsupportive useless people like you who are selfish enough to want everything to themselves for free.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

Thanks. Can you close this thread for me? I don't see any purpose for it being open at this point.

I'm going to leave it open as I'm sure closing it would be spun as me trying to stomp out discussion on the topic (even though there are probably 5+ other active threads about this on the forum right now).